Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2019, 08:36   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2
2019 ARC on Lagoon 42

Hi all

We are doing the ARC this year on our brand new Lagoon 42 and are starting to look for potential crew for the trip.

We will be leaving Southampton early October and have 7 weeks to cruise down to the Canaries.... then the ARC across to St Lucia

At the moment we are just looking to see who would be interested in joining us on any parts of the journey.

We are a couple in our 50's, easy going and good company.

You should have at least some sailing experience and be capable of doing watches on your own.

There are no fees involved, but we will expect contributions towards food, ARC costs and harbour fees.

Paul & Tracey
Haywoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 04:12   #2

Re: 2019 ARC on Lagoon 42

Hi!

I’m contacting you about your post on Cruisersforum regarding crew for the ARC 2019. My name is Viktor, 28 yo from Stockholm, Sweden. Me and my friend Dag, also 28 yo from Stockholm are interested in doing a trip across the Atlantic and thought we’d drop you a line.

Both of us have a bit of sailing experience, mainly from the Stockholm archipelago and a growing sailing interest. We have been talking about doing a trip like this for years, and more intensely after a friend of ours sailed the Atlantic back in 2015.

I’m based in Amsterdam where I work as marketing manager for an e-commerce company. Dag lives in Copenhagen and is an associate at a law firm in Malmö. We’d be very interested to join you on this trip and would be happy to jump on a call and tell you more about ourselves!

Please let us know if you’re still looking for crew members and think we’d be suitable!

Best regards,

Viktor Höök & Dag Eresund
viktorhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 05:57   #3

Hi Viktor and thanks for your interest.

Our boat only has 3 cabins and we already have a guy with lots of experience who wants to join us. This means we now only have one cabin spare, so it would not be practical to have 2 more guys on the crossing.

We will be sailing from Southampton down to the Canaries stating atthe beginning of October and we are still looking for crew who would like to do a week or two with us on this part of the journey.

We intend to take our time and visit various places on the way .. this part of the trip will be 6 weeks in total

many thanks

Paul
Old 01-05-2019, 06:58   #4

What parts of the voyage are available for a single?
BlurredLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 17:08   #5

Ping....no response yet.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:13   #6

Hi there

We have had quite a lot of interest from people in the States for this trip. The problem is that we will be in Southampton during June and July meeting various people who are interested. Obviously we need to make sure we are going to get along as we will be spending quite some time on the boat with strangers. This makes it difficult for you guys from across the pond as you can't call in to meet us without serious expense and time.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:40   #7

Gotcha....No problem!
Old 16-05-2019, 21:12   #8

I am a 62 y/o retired MD and have been sailing since I was 8 or 9. I have ASA Certificates from 101-114 and have a US Coast Guard Unrestricted Master Captains License for vessels up to 50 tons. I am very familiar with Lagoons as this past year I conducted the sea trial on Sea Wings, a Lagoon 450F then provisioned and captained her from Santa Barbara California to La Paz, Mexico during the 2018 Baja Haha. I am also very familiar with St Lucia as I just spent 2 weeks down there exploring several of her bays and helped a friend sail Setaphina, his 50’ Gran Soleil from Martinique to Rodney Bay, the finish line for ARC.
I will be on your side of the pond in May and June for a 3 week road trip through Italy with my girlfriend.

Gary
Gfeldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 02:14   #9

Hi all

Update :-

We have had a lot of interest in this !! We are going to be meeting potential crew on the boat in Port Hamble, UK between 24th June and 21st July. Anybody wanting to be considered MUST be able to attend . The trip will be split into 4 sections.

Section 1... leaving Port Hamble approximately 1st October to A Coruna, ( around 12 days )

Section 2 ... leaving A Coruna approximately 14th October to Rabat, ( around 20 days )

Section 3 ... leaving Rabat approximately 2nd November to Gran Canaria ( around 14 days )

Section 4 .. the ARC .. meet in Gran Canaria on 20th November ( starts on 24th ). Arrive St Lucia around 15th December

We are looking for 1 experienced sailor and one novice for each section of the trip. Each person will have their own cabin and shower room/wc.

Contributions will be required for food and drinks as well as a share of the ARC fees. All fuel costs, harbour fees etc will be covered by us.
Old 17-06-2019, 06:26   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywoods View Post
Hi all

We are doing the ARC this year on our brand new Lagoon 42 and are starting to look for potential crew for the trip.

We will be leaving Southampton early October and have 7 weeks to cruise down to the Canaries.... then the ARC across to St Lucia

At the moment we are just looking to see who would be interested in joining us on any parts of the journey.

We are a couple in our 50's, easy going and good company.

You should have at least some sailing experience and be capable of doing watches on your own.

There are no fees involved, but we will expect contributions towards food, ARC costs and harbour fees.

Paul & Tracey
Hi Paul and Tracey

I would be very interested in joining you for the arc ideally I would like to join you in the canaries a few days before the race but I could head to southampton if neccasary I am an experienced delivery sailor with over 5000 nautical miles logged including 3 biscay crossings and I am 24 years old and based in Plymouth in the Uk please feel free to email me at billybobharvey@hotmail.co.uk we can exchange phone numbers via email if you are still looking for someone look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Billy
Billysailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 09:09   #11

Boat: Maxi 1100

Hi,

Just come across your post as I have recently been let down on a berth for the ARC.

I have completed three previous ARCs and have been sailing for 20 years. I can meet you at Port Hamble to discuss if you still have an available berth.

Regards,
Paul.
Sheff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, lagoon