Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Great Lakes
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2019, 03:19   #1

Boat: Summer Twins 28
Bringing own boat from UK to Canada

Hi Everybody,

I am still looking forward in eager anticipation to our move from the UK to Canada and still planning to bring our boat (cruising catamaran) with us. Thanks again to all those who responding to my post of 27/10/2018 requesting advice about the passage up the St Lawrence from Montreal to Kingston. I certainly got lots of helpful posts and PMs.

Things have been delayed a bit. Our move is reliant upon my medical credentials being recognised with a licence to practise in Ontario and this is taking a wee bit longer than expected, but hopefully I should have this by the end of the month.

So, rather later than expected I am visiting the detail of bringing over our existing boat. Some of the nitty gritty - licencing, import duty, making electrical systems compliant, sewage pumpout specifications. You know, the glamorous stuff!

I thought I would like to put a shout out now to ask if there is anyone on the forum who has done this and is not so traumatised as to allow me to ask them a few questions if (when) I get stuck?

Best regards, Stibbles
stibbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, Canada