Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2017, 07:36   #1

Boat: Rafiki 37
iNavX charts disappeared (Navionics)

I opened my iNavX app on my iPad yesterday only to find all my purchased Navionics charts gone. Poof! No where to be found. They’re not available on my app, not on My Charts list.

Anyone else having issues? The specific set is the "Navionics 2XG Canada."

The same day these charts disappeared I received an email announcing new Navionics charts in the iNavX store. And when I go to the Store I no longer see this set (Navionics 2XG Canada) offered. In its place is NavionicsPlus USA and Canada.

My subscription for the "Navionics 2XG Canada” set has expired, but this has never affected my current loaded charts. I have other expired charts which remain available. So, I suspect there is an issue going on at iNavX with the transition to these new offerings ... but I really can’t tell. I’ve sent iNavX a message. Hopefully someone will respond ASAP.

Naturally, we just left on our big trip to Newfoundland, so this is the worst possible time for this to happen. Any wisdom out there?
Old 29-06-2017, 07:43   #2

Boat: Lagoon 450
Re: iNavX charts disappeared (Navionics)

My charts disappeared a couple of weeks ago as well. I received a message that my subscription had expired. I had to "subscribe" again to reload my previously purchased chart. I was not aware that the purchase was actually just a temporary subscription. Unfortunately I was pressed for time so did not contact iNavX to clarify.
Catopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 07:50   #3
cruiser

Mine have not disappeared on any of the three ipads or iphone. BUT... I don't subscribe to automatic updates of the apps. I bet the problem lies somewhere in the updates.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 08:30   #4

Hmmm, I did just update the app a few days ago, perhaps just before these current issues.

Ah, there’s another update today …

Just did this one, but no change to my issues .
Old 30-06-2017, 06:04   #5

I've made contact with x-traverse (now Fungawi) and they are having an issue as I've experienced. Not clear how specific it is to my situation, but folks may want to hold off doing any updates for now.

If anyone else is having troubles, or has found a solution, I'd love to hear. I'll report back as things evolve.
Old 30-06-2017, 06:14   #6
cruiser

Turn off all of your automatic updates.
Old 30-06-2017, 07:41   #7

Boat: a sailing boat

A friend who had Pacific iNavX charts had the same issue (mid-Pacific). He had plenty of trouble re-aquiring the charts.

I am not sure what iNavX creators think but I know there is an issue.

Cheers,
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 09:27   #8

Boat: Lagoon 40

First - let me say that up until about 6 months ago, I have been a great fan of iNavX. However, I have had multiple problems lately that include the app just shutting down, sometimes not pulling in current AIS data (this was my original reason for selecting iNavX as it works with Vesper AIS).

My first thought was that it was my old iPad - which those geeks (i am being polite here and restraining myself) at Apple have decided they no longer support with updates. So I purchased a new IPad Pro. That seems to have been a mistake as when I reported the problem to the iNav X support (Fugawi) a couple of months ago they responded, "yes we are aware of that and we hope to resolve it in a future update". I have kept up with updates and still get the mysterious shut-downs. This shut-down issue occurs more often, the more I zoom in. Fugawi does not seem to be taking this seriously.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I am seriously thinking of searching for an alternative product. Anyone else having issues with the use of iPad PRO? Anyone have a good suggestion for an alternative product that works with Vesper AIS?

Thanks
Neil
Ndavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 09:30   #9

I’m back in iNavx business. I was bounced to Fungawi (took over x-traverse) who put a technician on the job. Their first fix did not work for me, so he opened up the charts and extended my subscription. I managed to download all the charts again and now it works.

I really think this has something to do with their switching from the old Navionics chart set to the newer one. I’m also concerned the charts will again disappear after my subscription extension has ended. I guess I’ll avoid all iNavx updates until I get back to civilization.
Old 30-06-2017, 09:46   #10
cruiser

My original Ipad now seven years old with INavX and all European charts hasn't had an update from either Apple or INavX in at least three years, maybe four....

It works just fine.

Mike,

Don't update your INavx stuff after you get it working.
Old 30-06-2017, 11:01   #11

Location: Meandering about the Gulf of Alaska coast [NNE Pacific]— where the internet doesn't always shine... [Even Elon's...] Homeport: Wrangell Island
Boat: Nauticat 43 [S&S Staysail Ketch]

Mike,

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

I don't use INavX, but noticed this article dated 27-June-2017 in the Fugawi knowledge base with regards to using Navionics charts with INavX:

Quote:
...Don't worry, the subscription does not mean charts disappear from your iNavX app at the end of the year....
In case that is helpful...

Cheers! Bill
Old 30-06-2017, 13:29   #12

So things are working fine now. I'm usually cautious about updates, but I've been using iNavx for many years now and only ever had one other issue that was easily solved. I guess I got complacent.

Agree Ken, don't update while out. And I'm even logging out of mu Fugawi account (which seems to be active through the app).

I must compliment Fugawi for it support. They've been very responsive, and they extendd my expired license without even asking. I also was offered 50% off the price of the new chart list. This problem has cost me angst, time and some money, but it seems equitable.

I am going to be more cautious about iNavx updates though ... which is kinda unfortunate b/c it's been rock solid (for me) up till now.
Old 30-06-2017, 14:40   #13

Boat: Hunter 2003 356 - Persistence

I had to download all my charts recently when my subscription expired. That is the first time I have ever had to do that. Otherwise, the app is working fine. I got the update notice the other say, went to the site but couldn't find anything about the sonar.
J Clark H356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 22:28   #14

I purchased iNavX in 2012 and had similar problems in 2013. Finally in frustration with the complexity and cost of charts I switched to iSailor, which I continue to use on my old iPad. I've never looked back. It's brilliant. Excellent accurate charts at affordable prices. Superb easy to use App that integrates tides, weather, AIS and pilotage. I recommend iSailor highly.

Ps I've no relationship with either manufacturer or sellers.
AuroraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:26   #15

Boat: Meta Arctic Voyager 47
Send a message via AIM to northwestsailor Send a message via Skype™ to northwestsailor

Glad you got your issue resolved re iNavX and Fugawi. I have used iNavX for years and have had a few problems but usually resolved quickly.

My problem now is with Fugawi. I purchased raster charts for Canada and USA for my B&G Zeus 2 and less than a year they don't work and Fugawi says too bad, they don't support it any more.

I am up here in Prince William Sound in AK without the charts I need. A real bummer.
northwestsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, iNavX, navionics