Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2017, 21:53   #1

Boat: Bertram 46.6 FBMY
Lagoon Seventy 7

Hello,

On 10 May 2017, I was surprised to see the Lagoon Seventy 7 at a birth in the marina here in Hong Kong.

It is hull #1 that is pictured in all the brochures and video's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg
Views:	3222
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	147876

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	453.8 KB
ID:	147877

We called the Lagoon broker and asked if we could have a tour as we are extremely interested in ordering one this September.

It truly is a beautiful vessel.

The owner of hull #1 is from the Philippines and it was purchased thru the Hong Kong broker (no taxes on pleasure craft here in Hong Kong).

The hand over to the owner was on 12 May 2017.

Name:	IMG_0309.JPG
Views:	924
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	147878

Name:	IMG_0308.JPG
Views:	763
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	147879

The Lagoon Seventy 7 is truly a gentle giant !!! I look forward to meet the owner at the yacht club and get his hands on experience of his new Lagoon Seventy 7 !!

Alan
Hkalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 15:16   #2

Re: Lagoon Seventy 7

Hello, this video should tell my tail... LOL

https://youtu.be/qvlieoK34sY

Alan
Old 17-05-2017, 15:51   #3

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Your going from a Bertram 46.6 FBMY 2 person cruising boat to a Lagoon Seventy 7 that needs a crew?

That's crazy. Enjoy
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 21:46   #4

Hello,

I went out on the Seventy 7 with the owner yesterday. It is a joy to sail !!

Does not require a crew. All winches are at the flybridge helm. Can easily be sailed by 1 person.

It truly is a gentle giant !!

We sold the Bertram, and have an offer on our 58 Beneteau.

Have a great weekend !

Alan
Old 20-05-2017, 02:44   #5

Boat: Pogo 10,50
Lagoon Seventy 7

Sadly, you won't be sailing for quite a long time as the 77 is sold out until at least 2020, being built in the same factory as the 78, and CNB 76 and 66 production rate won't go up

Thx for sharing otherwise, have a pleasant experience
CbroTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 03:22   #6

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

The contract we signed yesterday states cargo delivery to Hong Kong by 20 November 2019, allowing 14 day grace.

We will be flying to France to meet with the engineers about the extra's and parts we will have delivered to the factory for install this June with our broker.

Really looking forward to this vessel. The first New vessel I have ever purchased.

Alan
Old 20-05-2017, 11:26   #7

Boat: Pogo 10,50

Great for you then! Seems like an exciting adventure indeed. Have you been informed on how many of them have been sold?
CbroTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2017, 23:57   #8

Hello,

I was told that there are already 15 confirmed, but I was told they place priority on the order of received deposits.

I will know if that is fact once we fly to the factory next month. Our deposit was electronically transferred minutes after signing the contract.

Alan
Old 21-05-2017, 14:12   #9

Singe hand a 77? Wow.... she looks great...congrats
Boat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 15:48   #10

Hello,

I received the Tech Handbook for the Seventy 7 yesterday. This should show the ease of operating this gentle giant single handed from the flybridge !

Note: I am having all electric winches, with staysail and code zero furler's !!

Name:	IMG_0367.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	148355

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg
Views:	838
Size:	402.8 KB
ID:	148356

Alan
Old 24-05-2017, 18:21   #11

Congratulations.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 23:57   #12

Hello,

Just received some very disturbing information about the DC electrics of the Seventy 7.

It is common knowledge that the house bank is 24vDC, but the engine banks are 12v

The N5.230 CRT John Deere is stock as a 24v starter but due to the fact that the vessel is a "production" line vessel with base standard Volvo D4-180 that is 12v. The Lagoon production line does NOT allow the option for a 24v wire harness for the John Deere upgrade, so Lagoon has the N5.230 CR2 made to 12v at Nanni Diesel in France.

http://www.nannidiesel.com/downloads...%20CR2-ENG.pdf

I have been blessed to sail this wonderful planet for decades, and I have never navigated a sailboat or a motor yacht that has a different voltage for the engine and house bank... that is why we want redundancy when we are days from any port.

At a price of €4,500,000 the very least they could do is honour my request for engine banks and house bank to have matching 24vDC voltage... not with this production line. You have a few options, and that is your only choice... hmmmm

House bank 24v, both engines 12v, and if you take the second generator option... you have a total of 4 banks at 12v (anyone know of a mastervolt or victron AC charger with 4 outputs when you at port, and on Shore power)

Am I wrong to think that a sailboat engine battery, and house bank being the same voltage when circumnavigating the globe for the comfort and safety of redundancy and simplicity of solar power set ups we put onboard, and trickle charge 12v solar to keep the Gen batteries ready to start, and communications kit online at any time.

Perhaps this vessel production line is focused on "charter" use... this will be my home and I find it unbelievable that I would need pay further money to refit a brand new Lagoon at the time of delivery, to be set up as my great grandfather taught me it should be, when redundancy is a sailors best friend at sea for all electrical !!!

I am not happy right now, and questioning my choice !!

Alan
Old 03-06-2017, 01:56   #13
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Hi Alan, I agree it does seem like a step backwards for redundancy and cable requirements.

Without seeing the technical plans on battery storage and DC supply it is hard to comment on their reasons for making all the diesels 12v supply...

...Is there a 12v redundancy factor for starting and radio/electronic?

On my own mono 65ft, my house and main engine banks are at 24v but Generator and Radio are 12v
the Victron DC to DC converter offers emergency redundancy, but is not a good way to trickle charge.

I have seen the Seventy 7 at SBYC, she truly is a beauty!
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:08   #14

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer.

Hi Alan. It is not unusual to have a 12v start battery with a 24v house system. There are pros and cons of staying with a 12v start system.

Yours is, of course, a very large vessel and with 2x230hp engines and generator systems, I agree a total 24v system would be better, but personally I do not think this is a big issue.

Some production boat builders can be very inflexible. The apocryphal story is that in days gone by Amel would not even let you choose upholstery colours. This does help keep the costs down. This sounds silly on such an expensive vessel, but the larger the build the more costs can climb very rapidly.

I enjoyed seeing your solar panel installation video and my impression is that like myself you are fussy about details. Given this, it is worth investigating the feasibility of a custom build. A slightly smaller custom built vessel for a similar cost, may be a better match for your requirments. Anyway, it looks like a beautiful cat, I am sure you will end up with great vessel.
noelex 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:25   #15

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelex 77 View Post
Hi Alan. It is not unusual to have a 12v start battery with a 24v house system. There are pros and cons of staying with a 12v start system.

Yours is, of course, a very large vessel and with 2x230hp engines and generator systems, I agree a total 24v system would be better, but personally I do not think this is a big issue.

Some production boat builders can be very inflexible. The apocryphal story is that in days gone by Amel would not even let you choose upholstery colours. This does help keep the costs down. This sounds silly on such an expensive vessel, but the larger the build the more costs can climb very rapidly.

I enjoyed seeing your solar panel installation video and my impression is that like myself you are fussy about details. Given this, it is worth investigating the feasibility of a custom build. A slightly smaller custom built vessel for a similar cost, may be a better match for your requirments.
I agree. They are completely separate systems. In the very unlikely case you need to jump one engine from something, do it from the generator or other engine. And start batteries will never back up the house bank on a boat this size. I would prefer to be stsrting engines that size with 24v, but 12v is fine.

So I think this is no big deal at all. My boat is just like that and it's never been the slightest problem.
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon