Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2017, 14:40   #1

Boat: Nauticat 52
Looking for crew - Barra de Navidad, Mexico to Panama (or further)

Hello. Our timeline is not fully developed yet, but we will be looking for one additional crew member toward the end of February. We have no preference to male or female, and age (within reason, at both spectrums) is not real important either.

Our itinerary will definitely be cruising based, not delivery based, so the ideal person would be someone without a real schedule. The boat is a well-equipped and well-maintained 52' ketch. All necessary safety items are in place, i.e. Flares, EPIRB, Offshore Liferaft, SatCom, Submersion Suits (I know, right?), etc. We also have some niceties such as icemaker, paddleboards, snorkel gear, hookah (SCUBA, silly), fishing gear, watermaker, washer/dryer, BBQ, etc. We carry 500 gallons of water, and 500 gallons of fuel - so we don't typically bob around when there's no wind, and you'll never get scolded for a long shower...haha.

This is a volunteer position but all food and drink (within reason) will be paid. We will also pay return airfare from a major international airport to another major international airport. The only expenses you would be responsible for are travel to the boat and any personal expenses or souvenirs.

We plan on a mixture of anchoring and marina stays, and we are flexible in regards to how much time is spent at any given spot - so if you love it, and we love it, we might stay a little while.

Light drinking onboard (not on watch, obviously) and smoking outdoors are fine, but no drugs - sorry not even MJ, too risky for legal reasons.

Experience is not as important as attitude, but at least a little exposure to sailing would be great. This is not a difficult passage, so we are not expecting much more out of someone other than standing a watch and having a fun time.

If interested, please contact via PM for more information.
Raven Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 23:27   #2

Re: Looking for crew - Barra de Navidad, Mexico to Panama (or further)

Hello Raven Odyssey My name is Reiner,i sailed my own sailboat 39 ' for 15 years from Oregon around Vancouver island on the west cost. I also sailed from florida to turks and caicos, and several times in the bvi s. I am a very fit 67 year young person. I am also very flexible time wise, maybe you could e mail me a few notes about your planes,if you consider me... Thank you very much and I look foreward to hear from you Reiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Odyssey View Post
Hello. Our timeline is not fully developed yet, but we will be looking for one additional crew member toward the end of February. We have no preference to male or female, and age (within reason, at both spectrums) is not real important either.

Our itinerary will definitely be cruising based, not delivery based, so the ideal person would be someone without a real schedule. The boat is a well-equipped and well-maintained 52' ketch. All necessary safety items are in place, i.e. Flares, EPIRB, Offshore Liferaft, SatCom, Submersion Suits (I know, right?), etc. We also have some niceties such as icemaker, paddleboards, snorkel gear, hookah (SCUBA, silly), fishing gear, watermaker, washer/dryer, BBQ, etc. We carry 500 gallons of water, and 500 gallons of fuel - so we don't typically bob around when there's no wind, and you'll never get scolded for a long shower...haha.

This is a volunteer position but all food and drink (within reason) will be paid. We will also pay return airfare from a major international airport to another major international airport. The only expenses you would be responsible for are travel to the boat and any personal expenses or souvenirs.

We plan on a mixture of anchoring and marina stays, and we are flexible in regards to how much time is spent at any given spot - so if you love it, and we love it, we might stay a little while.

Light drinking onboard (not on watch, obviously) and smoking outdoors are fine, but no drugs - sorry not even MJ, too risky for legal reasons.

Experience is not as important as attitude, but at least a little exposure to sailing would be great. This is not a difficult passage, so we are not expecting much more out of someone other than standing a watch and having a fun time.

If interested, please contact via PM for more information.
mercedes49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 23:33   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes49 View Post
Hello Raven Odyssey My name is Reiner,i sailed my own sailboat 39 ' for 15 years from Oregon around Vancouver island on the west cost. I also sailed from florida to turks and caicos, and several times in the bvi s. I am a very fit 67 year young person. I am also very flexible time wise, maybe you could e mail me a few notes about your planes,if you consider me... Thank you very much and I look foreward to hear from you Reiner

Reiner, what is your email address?
Old 13-01-2017, 01:43   #4

Hi Raven Odtssey,

I am very interested in the crewing position, I have lots of experience and consider myself easy to get along with etc.

Will you be doing a Pacific Ocean crossing (milk run) at some point?

Have sent you a private message.

Warm Regards,
Anthony.
Old 13-01-2017, 08:18   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant View Post
Hi Raven Odtssey,

I am very interested in the crewing position, I have lots of experience and consider myself easy to get along with etc.

Will you be doing a Pacific Ocean crossing (milk run) at some point?

Have sent you a private message.

Warm Regards,
Anthony.

Yes, we will be doing another Pacific crossing, but not this time around. I'll have a look at your message and be in touch soon.
Old 13-01-2017, 09:45   #6

Hi, I'm currently in Melaque, not sure about timing but might work, Mexican phone is315-107-3419.
Cheers,Randy
rjcullimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 09:55   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcullimore View Post
Hi, I'm currently in Melaque, not sure about timing but might work, Mexican phone is315-107-3419.
Cheers,Randy

I'm tied up (busy) for a couple of days, but I'll call/text you soon.
Old 13-01-2017, 11:49   #8

Boat: Former owner of a Jeanneau Sun Fizz, a 41 ft sloop and a Dufour CT12000, a 45 ft ketch motorsailor

Hi Neil and Tally.
You got a Nauticat ketch, my favorite brand of boat that I could never effort! And, it is blue, my favorite color. I consulted your blog. Well done. Good pics.
I invite you to consult my background under Captain Denis, then About me and then About Captain Denis. You will see that I can do much more than night watches. What you started doing 2 years ago, I did as well much before that.
I am a Canadian snowbird spending this winter in Cancun, Mexico until the end of February. Since I sold Aventura, I miss the nautical life and I offer my services to boat owners not really for the money but for the lifestyle. By the way, yes I know a good bar in Orangestad. It is called the Eetcafe The Paddock right on the pier of the small downtown harbor where you can tie your dinghy. I spent two months at anchor outside of the harbor in front of the airport runaway. My Mexican number is (52) 998 153 4286. I will contact you again at your E-mail address. Say hello to the rest of the crew Jan, Swab and Albatros.
Captain Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 13:23   #9

Hello
I have taken the Colgate Fast Track to Cruising® Courses back in 2010
Then I bought a land yacht "38' RV" and traveled around the USA for 6 years
I am a 62 single man in good health and looking for my next adventure
I am retired so not on any time schedule

Harold
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170106-203856.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	139590  
hburk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 01:27   #10

Boat: 36ft classic timber sloop.

Hello from Oz'tralia. I commend you on your approach to cruising. I'm independent and quite interested. Please be in touch by personal message. I can fly in and out as needed. Cheers, A.
Old 14-01-2017, 06:37   #11

PM sent.

Carl
palmiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 10:36   #12

Looking for crew - Barra de Navidad, Mexico to Panama (or further)

Thanks to everyone who has expressed interest in our little "Odyssey". Unfortunately, I have a family emergency that requires my immediate attention. I'll be flying back "home" for a few days, or maybe a few weeks. Sorry to be so vague, I wish I knew more myself.

Based on what I've seen in the last few days, I'm sure my PM mailbox is going to exceed the 50 message limit before I can respond to everyone. I'm not sure it's appropriate, or allowed, on this forum but I'm going to give it a shot...and I have a good filter, so I'm not too worried about bots.

If you are interested in learning more, please email me at: raven-at-sea@outlook.com. (Moderators, sorry if giving personal email addresses is not allowed)

I'll have a better idea of itinerary and dates once I return. Thanks!
Old 15-01-2017, 02:05   #13

Hi, my name is Ivo. Am retaired, have a big interested to take part on this trip. Experience in long trips with motor boat, not much with sail. Have licence for motor and sail boat up to 24m boat. If intereted please contact me. Thk in advance
subivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 02:54   #14

Boat: 36ft classic timber sloop.

Dear Raven Odessy. If you are genuine this would be a good time to advise me and all other CF folk. I am OK to fly around the world, But I won't do it on a frauld by electronic comms. Best wishes A.
Old 15-01-2017, 07:38   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair A View Post
Dear Raven Odessy. If you are genuine this would be a good time to advise me and all other CF folk. I am OK to fly around the world, But I won't do it on a frauld by electronic comms. Best wishes A.

I assure you. I am quite genuine. I don't really know how to prove it to you, so you'll just have to take my word for it for now.

I'm dealing with a family emergency at the moment, so I don't have a whole lot of time to play games. If you would like more information, feel free to email me at the address I gave previously.

Tags
crew, Mexico, Panama