Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2017, 10:38   #1

Surveyor in Wisconsin?

Hi all - new to the forum (after lurking a bit). I'm in the process of buying a Island Spirit 37 catamaran- a pretty rare find (at least in this neck of the woods).

My question - does anyone have the name of a good surveyor in SE Wisconsin (maybe as far south as Chicago?). I have a list from the broker- but would prefer a recommendation from someone who isn't highly motivated to close the sale.

Not that it's pertinent to this question- but here's a bit of introduction/ meet and greet... My family (wife and 3 daughters - 13, 11, 9) are taking a bit of a 'break' from our comfortable/ 'traditional' life and heading to the Caribbean for a few years (planning on 2). So... not too uncommon of a situation on this forum - and one we can't wait to begin. We're planning to live on the boat this summer in Lake Michigan while continuing to work, and sailing weekends to get fully acquainted with the boat, living in a smaller space,etc. Then, heading south in October.

Anyway - a key part of this entire plan is to start with a solid / seaworthy vessel - thus, the ask for a good surveyor (to help minimize the risk of buying a lemon).

Thanks in advance -

Mark
mv42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 08:00   #2

Re: Surveyor in Wisconsin?

I am in So Cal but found a boat in WI and looked for Surveyor before. I am not sure they are good or ,,,but are couple of guys there in south of Milwaukee. When I talked one of the guy, sounds like he knew, especially cold weather area. Well, I was not a local, felt some distance.
You can google them.
cpt_757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
survey, surveyor