Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2015, 04:37   #1

Skipper / crew needed ASAP, boat in AZORES

This is a good PAID position for someone who wants to bring my boat back from the Azores to the UK. She is an Ericson 28.5 ft. She has already done one Atlantic crossing with me last Summer, but due to work commitments, I don't have time to bring her back to Brighton, UK.

She is all set up for single handed sailing, but It's more fun with 2 onboard. She has Autohelm, AIS, Sat phone and I fitted a new engine last year in the US. The sails are about 3 years old now.

I will pay for a flight from wherever you are in the world to Horta, Azores. I'll then meet you in Brighton, UK and pay for your return flight home. In addition I'll pay $2000 to the skipper, which I think is fair for a 2 week trip.

The sort of person / persons needed, must enjoy ruffing it onboard. Whilst there is a twin stove, huge water tanks and plenty of storage, there is NO fridge, or TV, or any creature comforts. If you are use to cruising around in 40 footers with Aircon and a mini bar, this is not the trip for you! please email me if interested.

Many thanks
Old 26-06-2015, 09:05   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: Skipper / crew needed ASAP, boat in AZORES

pm sent
Old 26-06-2015, 14:20   #3

PM's sent.

Best regards

Zbig
Old 26-06-2015, 22:30   #4

Thanks so much for all the interest and responses to my request for a skipper. I am now in talks with a skipper who will hopefully sail the boat back to the UK. I'm not sure how to remove this post from the Forum, but this position is now closed. Many thanks again.
Old 29-06-2015, 09:30   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondancer View Post
This is a good PAID position for someone who wants to bring my boat back from the Azores to the UK. She is an Ericson 28.5 ft. She has already done one Atlantic crossing with me last Summer, but due to work commitments, I don't have time to bring her back to Brighton, UK.

She is all set up for single handed sailing, but It's more fun with 2 onboard. She has Autohelm, AIS, Sat phone and I fitted a new engine last year in the US. The sails are about 3 years old now.

I will pay for a flight from wherever you are in the world to Horta, Azores. I'll then meet you in Brighton, UK and pay for your return flight home. In addition I'll pay $2000 to the skipper, which I think is fair for a 2 week trip.

The sort of person / persons needed, must enjoy ruffing it onboard. Whilst there is a twin stove, huge water tanks and plenty of storage, there is NO fridge, or TV, or any creature comforts. If you are use to cruising around in 40 footers with Aircon and a mini bar, this is not the trip for you! please email me if interested.

Many thanks
I am NOT a skipper, in fact I have absolutely NO experience but would welcome the opportunity to be the skipper's "Crew". I can cook on just about anything and am willing to work the two weeks for free with only airfare to and from the location. - Oh by the way, I am 83 - But my chronological age should not be looked upon as liability... I am in PERFECT physical condition and will do anything and everything for the opportunity to learn.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:27   #6

Lemondancer,

I recently retired and would be glad to help you. I can bring the boat back single handed, but probably can provide a buddy to help out. I have captained 40'catamaran up the American coast from Panama to San Diego. Captained my own Westsail 32' from Raiatea to Hawaii and thence to California. I have the skills and experience to get your Ericson 28.5' back from Horta to Bristol. Let's talk specifics and let me look and the weather charts for the part of the Atlantic and this time of year.

Regards,

Ed Foster
edafoster@msn.com

Tags
asa, Azores, crew, skipper