Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2016, 09:28   #1

Boat: Faurby 396
Crew wanted for a transatlantic passage (Caribbean to Gibraltar) on 37 feet sailboat

Hello,
We are two male crew and we are looking for a third one for our return passage after participating in ARC-2015. The yacht is Furia, a 37 foot Luffe 37.09 manufactured in Denmark in 2014. It is light and tight but seaworthy and fast enough also in light winds. We did fine in the ARC with a crew of 3, won first place in our class F and were 3rd yacht on corrected time in the cruising division. Our third crew is unavailable for the return passage, therefore we may consider to substitute him with someone skilled enough to keep 4 hour watch and willing to endure a direct passage to Gibraltar with starting place Le Marin, Martinique. My flight from Europe to Martinique is on May 17th (the other crew is currently on the boat), therefore depending on the weather a start is planned around May 20-22nd. English, Italian and French speaking crew is welcomed.

Rumen
Old 14-03-2016, 13:43   #2

Re: Crew wanted for a transatlantic passage (Caribbean to Gibraltar) on 37 feet sailb

Good Morning.. My Name is Markus Friedrich. I am 27 Years.. born in Germany. I m travelling since about an year. Started in Canada and after a good time i made my way down to Mexico .. This is about one year ago.. Im intending to continue my travel further trough central America in the coming Weeks and. Around May. June .. July i feel driven to return back to Europe.. Where i am even flexible in time an location.. I just want to round up this beautiful adventure with a fine ending. In anyway im agog with curiosity to experience and learn about a live on the open sea. So im offering my best commitment to the crew and would be geared to assist in any way. Beeing in good pyhsical conditions, sociable and quick on the uptake im very confident to become a helpful part in any situation..

A little bit to my person.. I studied and worked as an Architect and just recently i picked up on my Work again and designed some Houses in the Area of Lago Atitlan. I am travelling at the moment with an Argentinien Friend who is an Architect as well. We setted up kind of a nomad Office and work and travel trough Central America.. Besides I enjoy good food and love to cook. I like to play and listen to music. I enjoy good conversations .. I'm open minded and like to share thoughts and experiences. I like to read and learn, my curiosity knows very few boundaries... I drift like a tumbleweed, but have a clear course for my life. In general i like to take it easy and live simple.. .. Please feel free to contact me for further situation.. With best regards Markus ..
Old 15-03-2016, 02:11   #3

Boat: Faurby 396
Re: Crew wanted for a transatlantic passage (Caribbean to Gibraltar) on 37 feet sailb

Hello everybody who responded to my crew wanted announcement.
After doing more thought into it the other crew and I finally decided to do the passage on our own, only the two of us. The reason for this is that this passage (Martinique to Gibraltar with no planned stop at the Azores) would be much more prolonged in time (may be a month and more) and due to the restricted storage sapce and modest general place below deck on my boat, we will not be able to accomodate a third crew with the extra food and water.

Best regards
Rumen
Old 15-03-2016, 08:08   #4

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

Excellent!!! Two souls on board is all you need, and I would not hesitate in any crossing in the proper time window.

Good Luck and have a great trip.

Tags
Caribbean, crew, crew wanted, Gibraltar, passage, rib, sail, sailboat, wanted