Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2013, 13:04   #1

Boat: Carver 560 Voyager
Texas to FL Keys and Bahamas

Moving 60' MY to new anchorage in Key West once it becomes available, so date of departure is not yet firm. Possible excursion to Bahamas after arrival there. Planning leisurely passage with stops in New Orleans, Mobile, Pensacola, Panama City, Tampa, Fort Myers. Since this is a MY no sailing experience is necessary. Basic seamanship and knowledge of marine electronics preferred but not absolutely necessary if you are reliable, a quick learner and can follow directions. Separate stateroom and head for crew. Full amenities and safety equipment. Scuba certification is a plus. Female preferred but not mandatory. Owner will bear expenses while aboard. Crew responsible for own travel to and from departure point and destination.
Old 23-10-2013, 20:02   #2

Re: Texas to FL Keys and Bahamas

Hi,
saw your post, would love to help out on your trip to the Keys... 30 year old hard-working professional, Registered Nurse, heading to FL for work as a deckhand... looking to gain experience, have done some sailing in CA and assisted with a sailboat delivery. I'll be coming through Texas, probably Friday- do you have an idea when you might be leaving? Please email anytime and let me know!
Thanks!
Emily
ebwalburger@yahoo.com
Old 23-10-2013, 23:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalburg View Post
Hi,
saw your post, would love to help out on your trip to the Keys... 30 year old hard-working professional, Registered Nurse, heading to FL for work as a deckhand... looking to gain experience, have done some sailing in CA and assisted with a sailboat delivery. I'll be coming through Texas, probably Friday- do you have an idea when you might be leaving? Please email anytime and let me know!
Thanks!
Emily
ebwalburger@yahoo.com
Hi Emily,

Sent email to address provided.

Cheers
Old 24-10-2013, 07:55   #4

Hello, I am interested in gaining some sea time /experience before i purchase my own sailboat. I am P.A.D.I. scuba cirt.,have varied sailing/sea experience[lived in keys for 8 yrs],and am a quick learner.I am retired,in great health,and my time is open to any adventure.Thank you for your consideration. Bruce
Old 24-10-2013, 09:20   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Artbeatcafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinSumWare View Post
Moving 60' MY to new anchorage in Key West once it becomes available, so date of departure is not yet firm. Possible excursion to Bahamas after arrival there. Planning leisurely passage with stops in New Orleans, Mobile, Pensacola, Panama City, Tampa, Fort Myers. Since this is a MY no sailing experience is necessary. Basic seamanship and knowledge of marine electronics preferred but not absolutely necessary if you are reliable, a quick learner and can follow directions. Separate stateroom and head for crew. Full amenities and safety equipment. Scuba certification is a plus. Female preferred but not mandatory. Owner will bear expenses while aboard. Crew responsible for own travel to and from departure point and destination.
I am interested to know more about this position. I am a chef with a yachtmaster coastal certificate and I'm looking for more sea miles and experience. My email address is artbeatcafe@gmail.com or call me on +19542942146.
Old 24-10-2013, 09:25   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvarney View Post
Hello, I am interested in gaining some sea time /experience before i purchase my own sailboat. I am P.A.D.I. scuba cirt.,have varied sailing/sea experience[lived in keys for 8 yrs],and am a quick learner.I am retired,in great health,and my time is open to any adventure.Thank you for your consideration. Bruce
Thanks, Bruce. Where are you located?
Old 25-10-2013, 07:05   #7

My home is in W.Michigan,U.S.A.
Old 27-10-2013, 08:36   #8

Boat: Catalina 25 Tall Rig
Hello,
I'm a 22 year old university student, interested in this position. I am a sailing instructor and diver cert. have done thousands of blue-water miles and one ocean crossing. I'm located in Georgia, USA. My email is sailorasc@aim.com. Hope to hear from you.
Old 27-10-2013, 09:15   #9

My husband and I (49 & 51 years old) in excellent health are considering purchasing a boat. Have decided it best to get some experience on someone else's to make sure this is what we want. We are easy going, quick learners and have the finances to help out. If have an interest in further conversation please e-mail: garysherry2012@yahoo.com
Old 04-11-2013, 11:55   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to Aspenpowskia

GoinSumWhere,

Am available now thru Thanksgiving. Be in touch if you still need somebody!

Tags
Bahamas, texas