Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2016, 11:49   #1

Boat: Malö 40H
Delivery Skipper Holland - Portugal/Med?

Hi,

we are considering buying a boat in Holland and would like to get it to the Mediterranean right after the purchase. Now we are not confident enough to hop on a boat and sail off to cross the bay of biscay without first taking the time to learn the systems and solidify our experience, etc (first boat). So we are pondering if hiring someone to help us deliver it down to a port where we can take it from there, would be an option. I guess it would be a great learning opportunity too.

We'd like to get a rough idea of how much that would cost, which will ultimately influence our boat purchase. If you are a professional delivery skipper or experienced instructor and something like this interests you, it would be great to hear some ballpark figures just to understand more or less how much something like this would cost. Like I said we'd start in the Netherlands and sail down to Bayona, Spain for example.. or maybe even further. We have some flexibility there. Timeframe would be around late July. Looking forward to your PMs!

Thanks!
Old 16-03-2016, 13:31   #2

Re: Delivery Skipper Holland - Portugal/Med?

Hi !
PM send,

Best regards

Zbig
Old 16-03-2016, 13:40   #3

Boat: Ohlson 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankysailor View Post
we are considering buying a boat in Holland
Why limit yourself to just 2 'coastal' provinces? Small country; you can buy a boat anywhere in the Netherlands and have it at sea in no time. That would be a fun trip to do yourselves. Then, consider doing an owner assisted delivery - that way you'll learn a lot while underway.

(Just in case you meant the country: Holland isn't a country, but we do have North Holland and South Holland, which are provinces in the Netherlands.
I first thought you meant Holland, MI until I read your post )

I still think it would be a good idea to spend one season on the Dutch waters to get a little experience
Old 20-03-2016, 07:35   #4

Boat: spirit 41 , 12.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankysailor View Post
Hi,

we are considering buying a boat in Holland and would like to get it to the Mediterranean right after the purchase. Now we are not confident enough to hop on a boat and sail off to cross the bay of biscay without first taking the time to learn the systems and solidify our experience, etc (first boat). So we are pondering if hiring someone to help us deliver it down to a port where we can take it from there, would be an option. I guess it would be a great learning opportunity too.

We'd like to get a rough idea of how much that would cost, which will ultimately influence our boat purchase. If you are a professional delivery skipper or experienced instructor and something like this interests you, it would be great to hear some ballpark figures just to understand more or less how much something like this would cost. Like I said we'd start in the Netherlands and sail down to Bayona, Spain for example.. or maybe even further. We have some flexibility there. Timeframe would be around late July. Looking forward to your PMs!

Thanks!
hi there , I am just sailing from the south of Holland around the end of juni , saling a 41 ft to the Med , Mallorca
please contact me per email , mayby I can help you
dutchschipper@gmail.com
Old 20-03-2016, 23:56   #5

Boat: Catalina 25 Tall Rig

Hello, I'm looking to make a delivery in Europe.
I speak both English and Spanish, fluently.

RYA Yachtmaster Ocean with experience. Hold my STCW and ENG1 as well.

Please contact me for prices at jm08364@georgiasouthern.edu

Thank you for your time, I hope to hear from you.

-Jack
Old 21-03-2016, 03:59   #6
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Delivery Skipper Holland - Portugal/Med?

Don't know about my teaching you anything but.. if you are prepared to do long legs with minimum stops to get to N Spain asap drop me a line..
I charge by the mile so averse to sight seeing on the way.
Contact via e-mail in link below.:

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 24-03-2016, 09:40   #7
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Delivery Skipper Holland - Portugal/Med?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Don't know about my teaching you anything but.. if you are prepared to do long legs with minimum stops to get to N Spain asap drop me a line..
I charge by the mile so averse to sight seeing on the way.
Contact via e-mail in link below.:
Cancel the above.. I'll be busy it seems...
Best wishes for the trip...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 26-03-2016, 11:02   #8
Marine Service Provider

Geachte,

Dear Sir,

No problem to do this job by professionals, we have all charts, communications and crew availble. Quotations on request after further details. By kind to contact us for more details

Tags
delivery, Holland, Portugal, skipper