Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 05:32   #1

Boat: Ranger Tugs R-25SC (2015). 24' 7"
Broadblue 345 catamaran (successor to Voyager 10).

Within the next 2-3 years, my wife and I plan to purchase a Broadband 345 to cruise full time for a couple of years, occasionally with guests, along the Eastern Seaboard through the Caribbean. Presently, there is only one BB 345 in US waters and the state-side dealer does not carry any boat models. That said, there are many BB 345, and the bigger BB 385, cruising in Europe, any elsewhere. I think the BB 345, based on my online familiarization of her, is a very well-built boat, commodious for a 33' vessel, and I like her interior layout. However, I would greatly appreciate positive/negative feedback on the BB 345 from sailors who own one, or have sailed her. Thanks in advance.
Feroz
fst415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:26   #2

Re: Broadblue 345 catamaran (successor to Voyager 10).

I spent a week crewing on one of these last year and have been on several. The build quality is certainly pretty good and should be even better on new models as the factory moved production from China to Europe last year.

The boat is actually only 32 feet long despite the name but feels like its a 38 from the space inside. The galley is plenty big enough and the saloon feels large. The sailing is easy with all lines to the cockpit and a self tacking jib. It does heel slightly which feels odd on a cat but its not excessive.

This is not a performance boat by any means but has enough turn of speed for cruising but be sure to get a good light airs wardrobe if you're not cruising in windy areas as she takes a bit to get going. Also be aware that the basic model offered is BASIC - the upgrades in sails, instruments and luxury like teak floors and platform are a big extra cost.

The cockpit layout is great allowing safety and enjoyment but be sure to order the canvas covers to go with it.

The second hand market on these is very good with several 5 year old (approx) boats selling for almost the same price as new in the UK so probably a good investment (in as much as a boat can be)

Hope this helps
Snowgoose35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:11   #3

Boat: Ranger Tugs R-25SC (2015). 24' 7"

Snowgoose 35, many thanks for your useful insights of BB 345. two additional thoughts that I had was that access to the twin engines are under the aft cabin berths and wondered how inconvenient this would be? Also, with the boat underway under power, would people trying to sleep in the aft cabins have a problem sleeping due to the noise factor? Appreciate your feedback. Many thanks. Feroz
fst415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:06   #4

Sorry I'm the wrong one to ask about noise and sleeping as a fly landing on a boat in the next anchorage wakes me at night! with regard to engine access its as good as anything that size and better than many
Snowgoose35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Broadblue, catamaran