Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2016, 20:37   #1

Boat: Pugh 48ft Cruiser Lifting Keel Twin Rudders
Mooloolaba-Cairns-Darwin(Indo & Thailand later)

48ft fast cruising cutter yacht departing early July for extended cruise through Barrier Reef and all destinations of interest en route to Darwin (Timor, Indonesia and Thailand later)
1-3 crew to assist with sailing yacht must be fit, reliable and sailing experience preferred, but not essential. Plenty of time allowed for diving and any surfing opportunities. Share general food costs plus minimum diesel requirements.

Ongoing Asian trip is optional depending on timing and availability.

Skipper designed and built boat from scratch, sleeps 6-8 has had an extensive recent $80K refit for this trip, comfortable easy to sail boat set up for extended cruising. Skipper has significant ocean going experience including multiple London,Med to Brazil then Capetown and Southern Ocean cruising and deliveries. Aust YachtMaster and Astral Navigation qualified.

Contact Mick via email or tel: +61 419 123 825
Old 23-06-2016, 08:48   #2

Re: Mooloolaba-Cairns-Darwin(Indo & Thailand later)

Mick,
I am very interested in a 3-4 week position. I know that it is not what most captains are looking for but I do not think it hurts to ask. I have 20+ years of experience sailing and racing. I am fit, hard working, easy to get along with and just want to gain hours and experience. I have three more years before I can leave land permanently and am trying to spend as much time as I can sailing until then. If you have a leg or find yourself in need of one more crew for a couple weeks, I can get myself to you. Please keep me in mind.

Stephanie
Old 23-06-2016, 16:51   #3

Stephanie,

3-4 weeks is no problem, I'm sure we can fit you in at a time that suits us both. Your welcome to join us leaving Mooloolaba Qld, I just need to confirm at least one other person to crew to Cairns. Have just sailed the boat solo from Sydney, but lack of sleep and close coastal sailing makes this difficult to maintain. Will keep you updated as soon as I have crew confirmed.

Thanks,

Mick.
Old 23-06-2016, 17:05   #4

Mick,
Thank you for your quick response. I bet you are exhausted. I have an airline credit that will pretty much get me anywhere that expires on July 10th that I would like to use for travel to you. I would need to book it by by the 10th but can travel over the next year. I will call to see if I can extend it but it is doubtful. As soon as I can get a location the better. If not, I have miles I can use. I would rather not lose the credit if I can. I am very flexible with dates and locations. I just love to sail and would appreciate any opportunity.

Stephanie
Old 25-06-2016, 03:10   #5

Stephanie,

I now have a confirmed crew, young English guy Henry 21 who will join me in Mooloolaba Qld for departure and trip to Cairns via Barrier Reef and all points of interest. We are planning to leave around 7-10th July and you are welcome to join us for 3-4 weeks as applicable. Let me know if you're interested we can adjust departure date if necessary.

Regards,

Mick.
Old 25-06-2016, 11:02   #6

Hola Mick
Are you joining sailindonesia rally via Kupang?
Regards
Nacho
Old 26-06-2016, 10:43   #7

Mick,

I do not think I can leave that soon. I am committed to too much right now. Although, I actually thought about throwing in the towel and jumping on your offer....more than once! I am free and not committed to anything after August 20th. Do you know where you will be the middle of August. My airline credit has to be booked by July 10th but I can fly anytime next year. I could join you anytime after that date if you have something that works.

Hoping something will work.

Stephanie
Old 27-06-2016, 20:17   #8

Hey Nacho Martin,
What is the Sail Indonesia Rally and when
Marianne
Old 27-06-2016, 22:04   #9

Mick,
My name is Robert Johnson. I am a 30 year old fit male with sailing experience on all size boats (up to 44' race yacht). I am IYT International Bareboat Skipper certified, as well as have my US Coast Guard approved Boating Safety Education ID. I fly into Coolangatta on August 3rd and would very much like to join you on the trip. I understand you are going to cast off soon, but if we keep in contact I could meet you up north and jump on board if that works for you. My schedule is wide open and this is a trip I've wanted to do for some time.

Best,
Robert Johnson
Old 14-07-2016, 21:20   #10

Boat: 1930 timber gaff rigged cutter

Hi Mick-My name is Philip. Im probably a bit late but here goes. Im based in Adelaide and have sailed extensively as crew particularly off shore races around south Australia. I have my own gaff rigged cutter 38Ft which i sail solo. I have sailed in aus and Thailand as I have done the kings cup and Panwar bay races whilst I worked there. I have part yacht master off shore and part Ocean yacht master.
I work for my self and now have a slot of a few weeks or longer without commitments. Im very easy to get on with, am an engineer by profession but originally time served so very practical. I am very fit and versatile for a on board role. I would be interested if you have any legs you are still trying to fill.

Regards-Philip
Old 15-07-2016, 17:35   #11

Philip,

I'm currently sailing the Mooloolaba - Cairns leg with crew in Mackay at present. Current plan is to arrive in Cairns by mid August. Expected departure for the Cairns to Darwin leg is early -mid Sept, TBC once crew is finalised. Duration of trip is approx: 3- 4 weeks based on amount of places and exploration crew and myself mutually want to undertake.

Most of this leg is remote locations and does require some anchoring at night on the reef at times, due to either weather or multiple reef hazards requiring daylight navigation.

If this timing and proposed trip duration is of interest let me know via return email. Max crew complement inc myself is 4

Regards,

Mick
Old 17-07-2016, 19:15   #12

Boat: 1930 timber gaff rigged cutter

Mick-Thanks for your reply. The dates would probably be doable TBC when a better prediction of times is available. I will keep the dates in mind though and hope you will keep me up dated. My email is mercater4@gmail.com and mobile 0419195319

Regards-Philip

Tags
Thailand