Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2016, 13:29   #1

Location: Origionally Anna is from Yorkshire in the UK and Olof is from Stockholm Sweden, we used to live in Gibraltar before we started our world trip. Our current location is Kuala Lumpur but we will start to travel to Indonesia in June
Send a message via Skype™ to theecoquest
Can we join you across Indonesia or Timor Leste over to Australia?

My partner and I started an around the world trip in September 2014. We started our adventure in Portugal and have over landed the whole way, currently to Kuala Lumpur. Our plan is to continue our trip, overland and sea to Australia and possibly onto the America's.
At the moment we are looking at the next stage of our adventure which involves getting from the indonesian Islands or Timor-Leste over to Australia.
As such we (given we have a no flying policy) we are seeking someone with a boat, who needs a hand and some good company to travel either across the Indonesian islands to Australia or from Timor Leste towards the end of August 2016 or in September 2016.
My partner Olof is an excellent cook. I can keep things clean. We have travelled by yacht a couple of times in the past over the straits of gibraltar but have no experience of sailing a boat. We do like to think of ourselves as very nice, warm and interesting people. We can make some contributions towards sailing and food etc.
We have our fingers crossed and hope to hear from someone soon as we very much hope to continue our overland adventure. If we have to take a flight we will have failed in our travelling quest to be as environmentally friendly as possible.
Many Thanks Anna & Olof
Old 17-05-2016, 23:57   #2

Re: Can we join you across Indonesia or Timor Leste over to Australia?

Hey guys...

Pardon the pun, I am in the same boat as you. However I am going much earlier (between now and June). If I succeed or find a non-convientional way to Oz, I will let you know. Hopefully my hardship can be some help to you guys.
Old 19-05-2016, 01:10   #3

Location: Origionally Anna is from Yorkshire in the UK and Olof is from Stockholm Sweden, we used to live in Gibraltar before we started our world trip. Our current location is Kuala Lumpur but we will start to travel to Indonesia in June
Send a message via Skype™ to theecoquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Faoithe View Post
Hey guys...

Pardon the pun, I am in the same boat as you. However I am going much earlier (between now and June). If I succeed or find a non-convientional way to Oz, I will let you know. Hopefully my hardship can be some help to you guys.
Hi De Faoithe, I wish you all the best there is a lady with a boat who is leaving Bali at the end of this month sailing to Darwin, she is looking for crew and has a profile on findacrew. We would be very grateful to find out how you cross. Good Luck. Regards Anna
Old 22-05-2016, 01:44   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theecoquest View Post
Hi De Faoithe, I wish you all the best there is a lady with a boat who is leaving Bali at the end of this month sailing to Darwin, she is looking for crew and has a profile on findacrew. We would be very grateful to find out how you cross. Good Luck. Regards Anna
Hi everybody!
I am looking to work on a yacht going to BALI from DARWIN soon, ready anytime. I'm going around Darwin asking everyone especially in cullen bay and the sailing/yacht club. I would to like to have this experience very much. I'm Italian so a great cook for sure. I can teach yoga , provide massages and balinese therapeutics. Very keen to help with all that is needed on the yacht. I have experience working on yachts back home on island elba and island giglio in tuscany (italy) .
Please help me to find same people to go to indonesia and continue my trip.
my phone number is 0473443486
Old 23-05-2016, 11:16   #5

Hi Anna
I have an account on findacrew but perhaps she set her preferences to ignore certain profiles. Can you send me the link via private message?

Tags
Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Timor Leste