Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2018, 05:07   #1

Sailing help for a month from Papeete

Hello, looking for a sailing hand from Tahiti for the Aug 20 to Sep. 20 period. Good experience on Society Islands anchorages required.

Our boat is a Jeanneau 57, 2.6 m draft.

I offer food and reasonable compensation. Please reply here for further contact and provision of references.
Luna Azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 16:56   #2

Re: Sailing help for a month from Papeete

Hi,

My partner and I are very interested in your crewing positions.
I have extensive experience sailing in the South Pacific- I have crossed it 3 times, twice as captain, once as first mate. I have sailed to nearly all of the Society Islands, staying on the hook at all the ones we stopped at. I have both NZ and RYA Ocean Yacht Master licences, with blue water skipper endorsements. I have approximately 40,000 nm's experience.
My partner, Kirsten, is relatively new to sailing, but is working on achieving her Ocean Yacht Masters commercial ticket and needs to get more miles under her belt. She has recently completed a Advanced Keelboat helming course, and the Survival at sea course. Kirsten and I have sailed small cats all over the world, and chartered a 45ft Beneteau a few months ago off the coast of Australia.
We are both keen cooks and I am also very experienced at fixing just about everything that goes wrong on sailboats, having owned a business in San Francisco for three years doing just that.
Could you please tell me a little more about your plans? Are you just sailing the Society Islands, or will you continue on across the Pacific?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Paul
Paul Tonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 14:31   #3

Re: Sailing help for a month from Papeete

Not sure on if you are saying you want someone with experience in the Society Islands area as a requirement?

Also, are you paying transportation to and from the boat as well as all boat expenses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Azul View Post
Hello, looking for a sailing hand from Tahiti for the Aug 20 to Sep. 20 period. Good experience on Society Islands anchorages required.

Our boat is a Jeanneau 57, 2.6 m draft.

I offer food and reasonable compensation. Please reply here for further contact and provision of references.
windycityxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing