Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2018, 09:52   #1

Boat: Mahe 36 sold
How do you rig your parasailor.

I've just purchased a second hand parasailor which I'll be using it on a Nautitech open 46 both single or short handed. The boat has the usual setup of two turning blocks aft for my gennacker sheets leading to the two primary winches. No clutches.
I'm scratching my head about a good while reasonably economical way of handling the four parasailor lines. The best solution would appear to be two more turning blocks and four clutches though that's a lot of holes in the deck though the clutches might also come in handy on the odd occasion I want to free up a winch while using the gennacker. What do you folks with parasailors have?

Cheers, Jon.
JohnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 16:16   #2

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33
Re: How do you rig your parasailor.

I installed two Ronstan padeyes, one on each bow. Then I bought two blocks with beckets and two blocks without. Attach one block with becket to the bow padeye with a soft shackle, and a plain block to the clew. You'll get a two to one purchase, and you can simply run the tail of the line to your forward cleats. After you get used to running it, you can decide if you want your clew lines to run back to the helm.

https://www.atlanticriggingsupply.co...dupadeye2.html

https://www.atlanticriggingsupply.com/ro45sicobl.html

https://www.atlanticriggingsupply.com/rosibecobl.html

I would also highly recommend buying a couple Tylaska trigger shackles. Most of the time you'll find that you only need to run two lines unless you're running dead down wind. One to the bow and one to the turning block at the opposite rear. Run a 20-30 foot long piece of dyneema from the clew and attach your sheet to it. Splice the trigger shackle to your sheet. When you want to douse, just trip the trigger shackle and douse the sock.

https://www.atlanticriggingsupply.com/ty215stbasns.html
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 05:08   #3

Boat: Mahe 36 sold

Thank you! That's exactly the information I was looking for, thank you for taking the time to reply. Looking at your other posts am I right in thinking that you have a 45ft cat as that would mean the block ratings would be similar for mine.
JohnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 05:16   #4

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyV View Post
Thank you! That's exactly the information I was looking for, thank you for taking the time to reply. Looking at your other posts am I right in thinking that you have a 45ft cat as that would mean the block ratings would be similar for mine.
My cat is a FP Salina 48. If you translate 48 feet from french to english, it really means 46'11''.
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 17:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadosailing View Post
My cat is a FP Salina 48. If you translate 48 feet from french to english, it really means 46'11''.
FP is like that hot girl who lies about her height unneccessarily.
Thalas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asa, sail