Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2018, 23:10   #1

Boat: Boatless
Horizon Yacht Charters?

Anyone have experience with Horizon Yacht Charters? They appear to be the only charter company that I can find for a Caribbean charter that has smaller (less than 40 feet) monohulls.

Your input is appreciated as well as the names of any other charter companies with smaller monohulls. The Moorings and Sunsail seem to have decided that these size boats are no longer wanted in their fleets.
Roniszoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 23:15   #2

Re: Horizon Yacht Charters?

Try Sail Caribe out of Fajardo, Puerto Rico. Nice people. Great boats.
dwmCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:59   #3

Boat: Currently looking

I was on a one-way charter with Horizon from St. Vincent to Grenada a couple months ago. If I were to do it again, I'd stick to St. Vincent. IMO the better cruising grounds are closer to their base and although the Grenada base is in a great location the area is very crowded. The one-way caused some issues since they act as different companies.
Delta Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:28   #4

I have sailed with Horizon since 1998 when they first started. As a charter captain I would say they are among the best in the Charter business.

It is rare that you will find a boat under 40' as since most boats are under management and larger boats fit more people and draw a higher charter fee.

If you can find a 42' it will be comfortable for 2-4 and it will handle much the same as an under 40' and have a bit more room for all aboard.

Sailing in St Vincent and the Grenadines is a a bit more challenging than the BVI's but certainly not difficult and there are plenty of great places to visit.
Mhd Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:32   #5

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Saba 50

CYOA Yacht Charters (St Thomas) has a brand-new Beneteau Oceanis 38 'Always Sunny' that looks to have some available weeks starting in mid-Feb. Their base is only 2 miles from the airport, and on that boat it's a 1.5 hr motorsail to St John and another 1 hr to the BVI.
Cuvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:33   #6

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41

I am in the charter business. Horizon has a good reputation. The sustained a lot of damage in Irma. Make sure of the boats status.

I work for CYOA Yacht Charters. We have a brand new Beneteau 38 joining the fleet in February. We also have a Beneteau 41 in the fleet as well.

Jay
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 20:28   #7

Chartered a Leopard 39 off them in St Martin in 2012, all good no complaints.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, yacht