Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-10-2014, 17:32   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 512 51 feet 6inches
Bahamas in November

51 foot sailing ketch leaving about 10th November for the northern Bahamas from Fort Lauderdale. Very experienced skipper. Trip will end in Marsh Harbour, Abaco Island where I will be leaving the boat for a couple of months. Great opportunity for a young guy to get into sailing and try the cruising lifestyle. All expense on me except your air ticket back to the US from Marsh Harbour.

Trip should be about 21 days visiting a number of destinations along the way. You will learn a lot as I teach sailing for a living!

Prefer non smoker. Light social drinker. Absolutely no drugs. Sense of humour a great asset.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:31   #2

Re: Bahamas in November

Hi,

You are exactly what I'm looking for.

I've had this dream since my twenties to sail around the world exploring beautiful places. I semi retired two years ago and plan to crew for the next 3-6 months before I buy a boat of my own.

I'm smart, hard working and highly motivated to learn. I don't smoke, do drugs and I'm a light drinker.

I just got off a sailboat that spent 8 days sailing off the coast of California. I learned a lot but I'm eager for more. Since I sailed on a sloop I really want to get on sailboats with different sail configurations.

Humor doesn't come across well on emails so I'll refrain but I love jokes, especially practical ones.

The Captain of the boat I just got off will give me an excellent recommendation I believe.

I'm happy to pay for my ticket to Florida and back.

I hope to hear from you,

Bill
Old 01-11-2014, 11:26   #3

Boat: 1972 Aquarius 23'

Hope to see a post like this next season. Right up my alley. Good luck finding some crew.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:57   #4

Morning..I would be interested in crossing to the Bahamas and exploring them for a few weeks..I am 28 recently married and my wife and I are planning to take our boat to Florida and the bahamas after the first of the year for a few months to escape the cold here in charleston sc..that being said I would love to make a trip over and gain some experience and local knowledge of the places we wish to go....would love more info... Call 843 343 9677
Old 03-11-2014, 06:51   #5

Hi,

Just returned to the caribbean after helping deliver a 41' benetuea from Tortola through the Panama canal all the way down to central Chile. 4200 miles total. I am an experienced deckhand but am always down to learn more. If you are still looking for a crew member my name is Alan and I can be reached at 340 228 1361

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 04-11-2014, 09:19   #6
huk

Hi, I will throw my hat in here as well. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and crew on boats for all the major sail races in the area. I have sailed to the Keys and Bahamas a number of times. I can be reached at 970 980 1944- Trevor
Old 05-11-2014, 14:53   #7

I'm in Austin with my swedish girlfriend and would love to make this trip. I can fly to Fort Lauderdale for only $100 from Austin. I have a job and living situation where I can easily leave to travel whenever I want. I'm 29, she's 26 and we met in Panama while she was waiting to take a sailing trip. I have some experience working as a sailor on a 47' ketch rig, taking backpackers from the San Blas Islands in Panama to Cartagena, Colombia (and then back). It's a notoriously tough little sea crossing. My experience sailing totals only 5 days open sea sailing and 7 days sailing around in the islands. We had no auto-pilot and I took the tiller every 3 hours, and was the boat cook. So I'm not totally incompetent and can be of some use while willing and needing to learn more. My girlfriend is an extremely hard worker, and were both excellent cooks and fun people to be around. I'm also an expert carpenter. If you're interested I could give you some additional contact information!
Old 05-11-2014, 17:00   #8
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 512 51 feet 6inches

Thanks for the replies guys. I am all crewed up.......maybe next year?
Old 05-11-2014, 18:14   #9

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels

Im experienced, call me at 3059423655

Sent from my C5215 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 06-11-2014, 00:18   #10

Boat: Pearson Ariel 26

Hi,

My name is Lycia. I'm 38 and live in New Orleans. I have a small boat of my own a Pearson Ariel 26, however, I am a new skipper.

I have sailed, as first mate, a 23' Glander from New Orleans all over the Mississippi Sound, Gulf Coast and to Guatemala and back. My skipper was a little over protective of me and so I don't have all the experience in the world but I have courage, smarts and the ability to learn quick. I have been through tropical waves and crazy Gulf coastal storms. I'm a great navigator and wonderful at ssb weather fax. I would love to be a fully competent captain one day and to do that I need a chance to learn from experienced sailors and a chance to test my skills. I have taken several ASA courses in the past and passed with 100%. Not that that matters.

I am fun and lively. I always see the positive in every situation...which as any seafaring person knows is important. I also own and manage 3 small businesses in New Orleans, so I am responsible and dedicated.

If you would like to know more or could share more about what you are looking for you can reach me at lyciaf@gmail.com.

I would also like to know more about you as a skipper – your personality and experience.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Lycia

Tags
Bahamas