Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Marine Electronics (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   Raymarine new E & C with iPad/Android (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13/raymarine-new-e-and-c-with-ipad-android-82142.html)

hoppy 19-05-2012 02:18

Raymarine new E & C with iPad/Android

I was pleasantly surprised a couple of days ago to receive a email from Raymarine announcing the new iOS & Android apps for the new E & C series MFD.

I had just bought the E7 which I am yet to fit and the new apps really make these killer devices

RayRemote App - allows a smartphone act as a remote control for the MFD. Limited use for anybody but the super lazy when in viewing distance from the MFD but useful if you are displaying the screen on a monitor elsewhere on the boat

RayControl App - this is the killer app for me... It repeats the display on an ipad/tab like in the viewer app, BUT allows almost full control over the MFD from the remote device.

iPhone and iPad Viewer App

I have downloaded the apps to both my ipad and Android tab and will look forward to seeing how they all work.

BocaIII 19-05-2012 07:42

Re: Raymarine new E & C with iPad/Android

I believe these apps are for viewing only....no control functions.

Jack

hoppy 19-05-2012 07:57

You should perhaps review your belief systems and take a look at the page on raymarine i linked to. The two new apps can control the e7 :-)

tartansail 19-05-2012 08:59

Ben, over on Panbo, has a recent review:
Panbo: The Marine Electronics Weblog: RayControl & RayRemote, the future is here?

I can't justify the upgrade to the new MFD, but stuff like this is moving it up the "Want one of those" list. Sometimes, the top of the "Want one" makes it over the "Must have". :whistling:

s/v Thea 20-09-2012 10:46

Hi,

Was wondering how the iPad/e7 was working?

Doug

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy
I was pleasantly surprised a couple of days ago to receive a email from Raymarine announcing the new iOS & Android apps for the new E & C series MFD.

I had just bought the E7 which I am yet to fit and the new apps really make these killer devices

RayRemote App - allows a smartphone act as a remote control for the MFD. Limited use for anybody but the super lazy when in viewing distance from the MFD but useful if you are displaying the screen on a monitor elsewhere on the boat

RayControl App - this is the killer app for me... It repeats the display on an ipad/tab like in the viewer app, BUT allows almost full control over the MFD from the remote device.

iPhone and iPad Viewer App

I have downloaded the apps to both my ipad and Android tab and will look forward to seeing how they all work.

hoppy 20-09-2012 10:54

They were working great. I have the original iPad and Raymarine I think recommended the iPad2 or 3 but I found that the 1 worked fine.

I mounted the iPad at the nav table and it was great that I could repeat the screen down there.

I recommend it :)

TheOffice 20-09-2012 11:02

The viewer is free. To control the E series it will cost you!