Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f80/)
-   -   What Do You Do for a Living? (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f80/what-do-you-do-for-a-living-79309.html)

CharlesFCook 29-03-2012 15:06

Re: What do you do for a living?

salary slave in a cube farm (IT) for 20+ years.

For the last 11 years, Chief Mate on large (130'+) passenger carrying Schooners.

bobconnie 29-03-2012 15:25

:thumb:Old retired Comm Fisherman and Delivery Capt of Large Vessels thruout the pacific Rim for Corp Fishing companys.Connies a RN and still works 13 week travel nursing and then we cruise 13 weeks and so on LOL been doing it for almost 28 yrs ! and will keep it up till ??

cheoah 29-03-2012 15:36

Farm manager. A lot of what Astrid does, except we call her for the really bad jobs, for free phone advice, or pharmaceuticals. Kidding. My vet gets paid on time and left the farm last time with a nice grassfed leg o lamb. :flowers:

We also have to feed the livestock, so we grow forages, corn, barley. Grass is growing now and cattle are slicking off... sailboat tied up until after corn planting, first cut hay, and barley harvest.

Then offshore to Chesapeake or maybe even Long Island Sound this summer. Sailing is a great counterpoise to farming.

AfterHoursNLCT 29-03-2012 15:52

Technical Writer, Electric Boat Corp.
32 Years
Part time mechanic at the marina...
......LL

redstripesailor 29-03-2012 16:01

flight medic then professional sailor now work for a company that builds emergency vehicles.

CaptainsWench 29-03-2012 16:19

Stockbroker....Tip for the day....Buy LOW ...Sell HIGH

sarafina 29-03-2012 16:21

Babysitter, Avon Lady, Waitress, Cook, Cocktail Waitress, Bartender, Chain Monkey, Pump Jockey, Snow Plow Operator, Ski Instructor, Retail Manager, Hotel Manager, Costume Shop/Manager/Designer, Receptionist, Ice Cream Scoop, Barrista, Substitute Teacher, High School Teacher, Interior Designer, Bridal Designer, Bridal Salon/Owner/Designer, Mom, Event Planner, Mom, Interior Designer (again), Mom, Real Estate Stager, Mom, Graphics Designer, Mom, Art Gallery/Owner, Mom, Non-Profit Association Manager, Mom, Kept Woman ; -)

And still a Mom of course.

It might have been easier to have listed what I haven't done....

Rhapsody-NS27 29-03-2012 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainsWench (Post 919211)

I'm playing with this one a bit. So far, I'm up for the year.
Probably best I'm not using someone else's finances. :D

deckofficer 29-03-2012 16:28

Sarafina,

Where did you teach skiing? Since your just over in SF, our paths might have crossed. I taught at Squaw from 1971~1980. Could we have worked together???

I looked at your avatar, and if our paths crossed on the hill my last year, you would have been in a youth group I taught.

So sorry for even thinking your as ancient as myself.

CaptainsWench 29-03-2012 16:28

Very stressful in down market times to deal with others personal finances, but great job in a up market. Everyone loves you during these times.

markpierce 29-03-2012 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainsWench (Post 919211)

But that's unnatural! When stores give a sale (reduced prices), people flock to buy. The opposite is with stocks: people like to buy when the price goes higher but want to sell when the price goes lower.

mikereed100 29-03-2012 16:33

Ok Sara, it's on! Bussboy, waiter, surfboard maker, landscaper, carpenter, cable tv sales, bricklayer, cab driver, roofer, boat carpenter, deckhand, dive tender, diver, computer programmer, EMT, paramedic, boat builder, family doctor. Did I win? You only get to count "mom" once.:thumb:

delmarrey 29-03-2012 16:37

I was born rich so everything is just a hobby. But I spent most of my fortune on fast woman and pretty boats. The rest I just wasted.

Or was that fast boats and pretty woman? :banghead:

zeehag 29-03-2012 16:40

was a princess in training, but became a nurse for supporting myself in a style more becoming to me...now i am a derelict sailorette on the move with a spoiled brat maine coon mix gato as a pal.

Ex-Calif 29-03-2012 16:43

2 Attachment(s)
I get to bum around Asia's airport's keeping planes from falling out of the sky...

I also get to bum around Asia on boats.

I have a few past reincarnations but have been an airplane magician since 1979...