Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Meets & Greets (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Hello from Dubai (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f9/hello-from-dubai-78047.html)

chrismol 07-03-2012 00:44

Hello from Dubai

Regards from sunny Dubai.

My name is Chris, I am living and working in Dubai.

Currently I work as captain on a charter yacht, a Majesty 88 footer, next to this I do on request deliveries, have brought several yachts from Gulf Craft, Majesty, to Qatar, Bahrain and Kuwait.

Many times people approach me with questions regarding technical issues, navigational, safety, charters, and buying yachts.
Well also here if there are questions, and I could be of assistance, feel free to ask me, will do what I can from my side.

All the best.

James S 07-03-2012 09:42

Re: Hello from Dubai

Welcome to the forum Chris.
Are you going to the boat show?

lat 64 07-03-2012 10:15

Wow,
Chris your flybridge must be as high as my mast!
I can only imagine the diplomacy between captain and owner.

@ James s, It snowed about 12 inches here last night. no boat show for me.

Russ

deckofficer 07-03-2012 10:23

Welcome to CF Chris, just finished watching the tennis match over there on TV. I am also a merchant mariner, CMA grad. Last ship, a small 32,000 ton.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

James S 07-03-2012 14:26

Welcome to the forum Russ.

swagman 08-03-2012 06:50

G'Day Ross and welcome,
Always great to see new members saying hello.
Enjoy
JOHN

SaucySailoress 08-03-2012 07:03

Next time you come up to Kuwait, give us a holler :)

chrismol 08-03-2012 09:04

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the welcome every body, added some pictures of the yacht, and my crew.

All the best

Lancerbye 08-03-2012 09:06

Welcome aboard. Spent a couple of years teaching at a college in Doha. Could not get used to the heat.

SkiprJohn 25-03-2012 13:11

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have some more professional mariners here to answer questions from us recreational folks.
I guess I was a professional whilst in the U. S. Navy but that's been more than 20 years ago now.
kind regards,

deckofficer 25-03-2012 13:56

Chris,

Your link is causing my malware sniffer to go nuts, even just accessing this page on CF, this comes up......

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.cruisersforum.com contains content from dubai-yacht-charter-and-boat-rental.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified dubai-yacht-charter-and-boat-rental.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on dubai-yacht-charter-and-boat-rental.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.

Pete7 26-03-2012 14:07

I have edited the photos Chris posted to stop Google Chrome firing off the virus alert. Carry on,

Pete

deckofficer 26-03-2012 14:12

It still comes up Pete, but I can live with it.

Pete7 26-03-2012 14:15

Working on it now, tricky little problem.

Edit; now sorted with a big hammer and a bit of violence :D

Pete

deckofficer 26-03-2012 14:32

I got here this time without the warning.