Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f117/)
-   -   Aries Wind Vane (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f117/aries-wind-vane-74460.html)

JulianGullsway 09-01-2012 05:36

Aries Wind Vane

Hi Have an Aries Windvane and need a replacment Drum/clutch for the wheel, the only place in the UK is a rip off company from western super mare who quoted a ludicrus amount of money, any ideas would be appreciated or if any one has one they wish to sell please get in touch!

Mike OReilly 09-01-2012 05:57

Re: Aries Wind Vane

Depending on which Aries you have, my understanding is you can get parts from (I have not had to order anything for my older Aries yet):

Newer Aries: www.selfsteer.dk/index.html

Older Aries: www.ariesvane.com/index.html

JulianGullsway 09-01-2012 06:19

Cheers Mike, I had already tried the original company who made the Aries it is now run by his daughter although they have a lot of spares and re build kits they no longer have the Drum / clutch that fitts to the wheel so I am hoping I may get one second hand, the UK firm wants over 500 which seems very extream thanks all the same though I am awaiting the Danish company to come back to me but wether or not they will under mine the greedy UK stockist is yet to be seen!!

lateral 18-01-2012 02:24

I have a spare wheel clutch if you are interested. I 'll pm you a pic if you want.
Roly

conachair 18-01-2012 03:03

Not tried but heard through the grapevine that Helen Franklin still does spares, was her fathers company.

Aries Products

But might not be great at answering email, phone might be better.

JulianGullsway 18-01-2012 03:05

Oh yes please Sir that would be superb, if you have a picture it would be great but I'am guessing that they are robust bit of kit so I'am not bothered about a bit of ware and tear, how much money would you be looking for it??

Thanks again

Julian

JulianGullsway 18-01-2012 03:06

oh my e-mail address julian@constructive-recruitment.co.uk

Dulls 03-09-2012 07:34

I have tried to contact Helen but no luck(on phone and email) When and how did you do it? Your help appreciated.

JulianGullsway 03-09-2012 07:41

Hey there,

good luck she is really useful and very prompt with parts etc here is her e-mail address: ariesvane@gmail.com

I will try and dig out her phone number if you have no luck, let me know

Regards Julian

Dulls 03-09-2012 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulianGullsway (Post 1027939)
Hey there,

good luck she is really useful and very prompt with parts etc here is her e-mail address: ariesvane@gmail.com

I will try and dig out her phone number if you have no luck, let me know

Regards Julian

Thanks for your reply, i have phoned and emailed with no success over the last 6 months. I have heard from many that phoning is the best way but maybe she is just out and it is my bad luck every time i ring.

Thanks Andy