Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Vendor Spotlight - Great Deals for CF Members! (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f141/)
-   -   Panama Canal Passage (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f141/panama-canal-passage-69974.html)

Emmanuel Agencies 15-10-2011 09:22

Panama Canal Passage

Hello Cruising Yachtsmen,

If you are planning to transit the Panama Canal in the near future, Emmanuel Agencies, S.A. will be an excellent choice in providing high quality service for a smooth passage.

We shall take care of all the paper work (immigration formalities, customs, canal toll, etc). We have our 20 years of experience in the Shipping Industry and look forward to hearing from you soon.

If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Roy Bravo
General Manager
Emmanuel Agencies, S.A.

For your ready reference, please see our website: Emmanuel Agencies S.A. - Home

Pagos 20-10-2011 19:31

Last time I went through I didn't need an agent and it cost far less and got through quicker. Is it now compulsory?

Emmanuel Agencies 20-10-2011 20:55

Re: Panama Canal Passage

Good Day,

Thanks for getting in contact with us requesting canal passage information, please note that a local agent is not compulsory only for sail boats over 65 feet, but from time to time small craft vsl's transiting canal has increased and when the season is at high delays coud be about 21 days waiting time. If you have a reliable agent like Emmanuel Agencies, we could try to reduce the waiting time for your vsl to transit as soon as possible specially if for your voyage is time press. If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact us we will be willing to assist in every aspect. Awaiting yours.

Best Regards,
Roy Bravo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pagos (Post 800780)
Last time I went through I didn't need an agent and it cost far less and got through quicker. Is it now compulsory?

bstreep 20-10-2011 21:25

Roy, just for the heck of it (no plans in the next 6 months), what's a guesstimate to move our boat thru the canal?

Emmanuel Agencies 20-10-2011 23:03

Hi Dear Bill,

In order to send you an accurate canal transit expenses please reply with the following :

LOA
BEAM
GROSS

Awaiting yours, tks

Best Regards,
Roy Bravo

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstreep (Post 800837)
Roy, just for the heck of it (no plans in the next 6 months), what's a guesstimate to move our boat thru the canal?

bstreep 20-10-2011 23:11

Roy, here's the boat's data (actually our boat):

MACINTOSH 47 sailboat on sailboatdata.com

Emmanuel Agencies 20-10-2011 23:59

Hi Dear Bill,

For your ready reference please see our best canal transit proforma basis on information provided from your side as follow :

Canal Tolls Usd 500.00
Linehandlers (Usd 120.00 per man) 120.00 (if needed)
Line hire/fenders 120.00 (if needed)
Canal inspection 55.00
Security surcharge 55.00
Immigration (Usd 10.00 per passport) 10.00
Navegation permit/clearance 210.00
Bank commission 30.00
Transit agency fee - basic 350.00
Auto hire 100.00
ADCS charge 100.00

Total estimate expenses Usd 1650.00

Awaiting your further advise, tks.

Best Regards,
Roy Bravo
Quote:

Originally Posted by bstreep (Post 800872)
Roy, here's the boat's data (actually our boat):

MACINTOSH 47 sailboat on sailboatdata.com

sailorboy1 21-10-2011 05:00

Seems it would be worth knowing what it would cost doing yourself for comparison. I believe a lot of cruiser really just what to know the added cost of using an agent in order to decide whether to use one.

GordMay 21-10-2011 05:45

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Roy.

Emmanuel Agencies 21-10-2011 05:45

Good Morning Dear Don Lucas,

Thanks for getting in contact with Emmanuel Agencies, further to your below message please note added costs will be as follows :

Basic agency fee Usd 350.00
ADCS charge 100.00
Auto hire 100.00

Also, note we shall take care of all your paper work, checking/out and will have a reliable agent to represent your vessel with Canal and Local Authorities for any unusual situation if needed.

Best Regards,
Roy Bravo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Lucas (Post 800958)
Seems it would be worth knowing what it would cost doing yourself for comparison. I believe a lot of cruiser really just what to know the added cost of using an agent in order to decide whether to use one.

Emmanuel Agencies 21-10-2011 06:02

Thankyou my dear friend!

Bes Regards,
Roy Bravo

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordMay (Post 800974)
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Roy.

imagine2frolic 21-10-2011 09:34

last year I did it for $1150. I find the prices vary quite a bit. Also the canal is making it easier to transit, and do it yourself getting back your bond quicker.I used an agent, because I didn't have the bond money to just sit around for who knows when......i2f

Emmanuel Agencies 21-10-2011 17:36

Hi Dear Friend,

Thanks for your positive response!

Have a nice week end!

Best Regards,
Roy Bravo

Quote:

Originally Posted by imagine2frolic (Post 801130)
last year I did it for $1150. I find the prices vary quite a bit. Also the canal is making it easier to transit, and do it yourself getting back your bond quicker.I used an agent, because I didn't have the bond money to just sit around for who knows when......i2f

zeehag 22-10-2011 12:13

i will be attempting to transit in a formosa 41. does loa include mizzen mast length of overhangs stern? i am 48 overall including sprit, sans mizzen boom length, and concerned i may be over 50 ft with that overhang. am currently in mazatlan experiencing repairs to boat for continuation of this adventure, so coulod be a few months....

Emmanuel Agencies 22-10-2011 18:07

Hi Dear Friend,

Further to your below please note when Canal Inspector measure your boat it will be base on loa including overhang, any how same will be confirm after
been measure. Awaiting your further advise. Have a nice week end!

Saludos Cordiales,
Roy Bravo

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeehag (Post 801760)
i will be attempting to transit in a formosa 41. does loa include mizzen mast length of overhangs stern? i am 48 overall including sprit, sans mizzen boom length, and concerned i may be over 50 ft with that overhang. am currently in mazatlan experiencing repairs to boat for continuation of this adventure, so coulod be a few months....