Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Powered Boats (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f109/)
-   -   Bluewater Yachts (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f109/bluewater-yachts-63895.html)

dc9loser 09-07-2011 16:37

Bluewater Yachts
 
Does anyone have any experience with these boats? In particular the Bluewater 52?

Bluewater Yachts | Home

I live off the Gulf Northwest of Tampa where we have lots of shallow flats. I currently run a 20 inch draft 40 foot catamaran houseboat here and it works great. I sailed this boat here from Atlantic City, NJ, 1700 miles and have logged hundreds and hundreds of miles along the coast and up rivers North of here.

I want to cruise the Bahamas, the Keys, and Dry Tortugas. My current boat cannot do this safely.

Hence I am looking at the Bluewaters as a solution. They draft 23 inches, are beachable, and claim to be good in bad weather if ya get stuck in something by mistake. They also seem to have a strong hull and have been manufactured for several decades so you can get a used boat at a good price. Seems like the perfect boat to park on my dock for local thin waters and still be able to take some longer trips on occasion.

Some questions:

1. I know they are beachable, but can you park one in the shallows and leave it high and dry at low tide without damaging the running gear?

2. Can you run one at slow cruise, 7-8 knots, in bad weather and do they handle it well? Track well?

3. Any other issues or problems with these boats????

speciald@ocens. 09-07-2011 17:42

Re: Bluewater yachts
 
Bluewater Yachts are not "bluewater yachts". They are built for calm river or lake use. The freeboard is minimal; they roll in seas of any size. A freind of mine had one on the St. John's river that he took to south Florida in the winter through the ICW not outside.

dc9loser 09-07-2011 18:29

Re: Bluewater yachts
 
Thanks.

I don't plan on doing Bluewater in the Bluewater. I plan on doing the Keys, and the Bahamas crossing the gulfstream during a weather window.

The manufacturer claims that these boats have survived hurricanes with neophytes at the helm - who got into the bad weather by mistake. However manufacturer claims are not always correct, to say the least.

The manufacturer claims that the low center of gravity and ability to plane at low speeds give the boat a good ride in the chop. I actually believe this. The boat has very little sail area in the superstructure, it is less than 12 feet high, to get blown around. The center of gravity of the boat is very low in the hull. There is little reason for the boat to bob around.

I don't buy that freeboard makes a boat a bluewater boat. The windows of the boat are stressed for the occasional big wave. I do not expect to try the Bering Sea in this boat. I am talking about the Bahamas with due consideration for the weather.

Magazine articles I have read give the boat decent marks plowing through rough water, but most magazine articles are designed to elicit advertising revenue and have little credibility.

Doing the Florida ICW is a test of nothing. I'd do it in a rowboat. Like I said, I did the ICW from NJ to Tampa in a houseboat that looks like a trailer on floats and with some sound judgment did not have any real problems with it.

Anyone actually operate one of these, or know someone who has operated one in the areas I am talking about, that is Florida Keys, Florida Bay, Dry Tortugas, Bahamas, etc?

pillum 09-07-2011 18:34

Re: Bluewater yachts
 
I'm sure they are great to play with, but personally I wouldn't take one anywhere but the duck-pond. I think the cat you have would be safer than the bluewater in bad weather, but if you want to go seriously offshore you will have to choose a serious offshore boat.

Capt Phil 09-07-2011 18:49

Re: Bluewater yachts
 
Several years ago, I was commissioned to move a Bluewater 52 from Marina Del Ray in LA to San Diego stopping first in Catalina with the owner, his wife and 2 children aboard. I had some misgivings but we left early one morning before the wind piped up and seas began to build. By the time we got to Catalina, both parents were seasick, the mother was verging on hysteria and the kids were terrified.
I sent them all back to the mainland on the ferry and had a crew member join me in Catalina, left about 2:00am and made Marina Del Ray breakwater around 9:30am, docked at 10:00am.
Seas were running about 4-6 feet with the odd larger Pacific set, wind from the northwest at 10-15 knots, gusting to 20+ knots, a normal summer day on that trip across from the mainland.
Bluewaters are not suited for coastal passagemaking IMO.
If you are in the ICW or can harbor hop and are prepared to wait for perfect conditions, you might be OK.
The boats are very roomy, reasonably well powered with twin gas engines but not a decent sea boat by any stretch of the imagination... kind of like a floating condo.
As long as you don't venture out when a sea is running, you might be OK but they are basically a river/lake boat IMHO. Capt Phil

dc9loser 09-07-2011 19:08

Re: Bluewater yachts
 
I grew up around there and used to cross over to Catalina from San Pedro in my parents venture 21 and later venture 25 sailboats when I was in High School. The Pacific is the real deal. Even in that short passage.

I remember the weather kicking up big rollers nearly every afternoon.

The Gulf where I live is lake-like. The keys likewise on the protected side. Much of the Bahamas is also protected.

The key attribute of the boat in my book is the 23 inch draft which opens up anchorages and routes out here in the shallows. That is why I am even considering the boat.

99% of the time ya operate a boat in good weather and buying a boat for that 1% which thereby spoils your ability to enjoy the 99% because of a deep draft just doesn't make sense to me. The west coast is deep and I would never consider a Bluewater 52 for that.

Thanks for the story though. What I got from it was that it made it just fine. Was there any damage other than to the owners psych? Did the boat take on water? Was it uncontrollable? Did it track OK?

So far I have one guy who made a judgement to stay in the ICW which tells me nothing about the boat and another where some people got upset based on their limits not the boat's.

dc9loser 09-07-2011 19:39

Re: Bluewater yachts
 
Does anyone have any boat suggestions which would give me a shallow draft for use in these areas?

- I am not set on a Bluewater, they just seem pretty unique.

Another big consideration is that I have a 50 foot floating dock in the backyard but the route out gets shallow, especially in winter and I really want a shallow draft. The 20 inches I have now is never and issue and I'd like to keep it somewhere close to that.

sailronin 09-07-2011 19:48

Re: Bluewater yachts
 
The Gulf Stream can get pretty ugly but if you're prepared to wait for the twice a year mirror flat day I'm sure you'll be fine. Once in the Bahamas the seas can still kick up pretty good most afternoons.
Not saying it can't be done just think there might be more suitable craft.

Capt Phil 09-07-2011 20:10

Re: Bluewater yachts
 
The wind and sea conditions were taken from my delivery log. I didn't record any of the more interesting recollections like having several seas break over the bow which is very low to the water and some leakage around the forward ports (actually windows). I was a little concerned when we shipped white water over the bow but the windows held so no major damage.
The roll was significant because the seas were from the bow quarter which gave us a frightful roll and pitch for last 1-2 hours until we were in the lee of the island (you probably recall this as the prevailing direction when you sailed across yourself). Reducing speed to around 6 knots helped but the pitch was more pronounced. I never felt we were not under control at any time.
There was a fair amount of slewing around at the slower speed when the sea was running but a larger prop set may have reduced this.
Beyond that, I did notice that there was not as much windage in the Avalon mooring as other boats of similar length but I'm going from memory on that issue.
I spent most of the trip up top where I was better able to judge the sea action than from the steering station below and a couple of times we took spray over the entire vesse but only white water over the bow.
Hope this additional info helps in your decision making... Capt Phil

dc9loser 10-07-2011 19:36

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Thanks Captain Phil, good info. Anyone else with experience or suggestions?

edinwheels73 19-07-2012 21:05

So what did you get?

Stumble 19-07-2012 22:09

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Since the thread has already been resurrected...

We have a Bluewater 5800 so slightly larger than the 52 the OP was asking about. I have done numerous trips from Pensacola to New Orleans on it, and crossed to Sarasota from North Florida. As well as lots of running locally.

Personally I think the Bluewater is fine for near coastal cruising, but I would be hesitate about ever being more than about 40 miles, or two hours, from protected water somewhere. This combined with its relatively small fuel tank would be pretty restricting doing the Bahamas of south Florida.

Ours at least only has a single 480 gallon diesel tank, which doesn't take long to run through with twin 450C Cummins. I figure an honest range of 12 hours plus reserves at cruise is all the run time you get. Which for me would be pretty marginal for island hopping, probably ok for the Keys though.

The running gear is semi-protected by the tunnels, but you can't let it dry out. However the bow ladder, does make it easy to beach.

All in all I think it's a great party barge, near coastal cruiser, and light weather boat. But I wouldn't want to have to be out in really rough stuff in it.

edinwheels73 20-07-2012 12:28

Wow 40gph at what speed?

Stumble 20-07-2012 13:55

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
More like 34 gallons/hr at 18kn. Or 26gallons/hr at 14.

But I like a large fuel reserve.

dc9loser 21-07-2012 16:44

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Thanks for the info.

My plans have changed. One 18 month old and one on the way. LOL.

Probably not buying a new boat for another 5-10 years.

The Bluewater seemed close to perfect but I think the best fit for what I want is going to be a used catamaran sailboat.

Unfortunately it will have to be a daggerboard boat, which brings the price up quite a bit, for the shallow draft. Saving my pennies now.

There also are not many factory built choices for daggerboard/centerboard catamarans. I have looked at custom built choices out of Thailand and other places.

It may well end up me keeping my current boat for a decade so of course I'm still hunting up what the best boat will be, which is a cheaper activity than actually buying and maintaining one.

Stumble 21-07-2012 16:52

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
There aren't a lot of really shallow draft sailing cats. Most of them have skeg keels to allow drying out, and eliminate leeway. The best I know of are some of Richard Wood's cats, but trying to find them is impossible... I have been looking for months, and the one I found just sold before I could go look at it.

JoanK 26-09-2012 14:27

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Lots of blue waters on the Mississippi near us. The owners said they are great for the rivers and large lakes, not for Rough waters. We have one body of water near our lock and dammm and a blue water had a lot of troubles just staying put to wait for the lock to open. We were thinking of them for our loop boat and decided against it. Good luck

RaySea Lady 13-11-2013 09:27

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Hi,

I just saw this thread and was compelled to reply...:flowers:

I have had a Bluewater 58 in the Great Lakes for 7 years now and it is a GREAT BOAT.

I have had it in 6 to 8 foot choppy conditions on Lake Huron, (which is not rolling waves in the ocean but quite rough) and although it was certainly not comfortable on the beam it was quite fine at angle on the bow, so we just tacked to destination. We had white water go over the bow a few times but no big deal, the boat handled it fine.

We always run from the fly bridge, what is called a lower helm really isn't and is a waste of money for the manufacturer to put that on as an option, it is ok to start the engines and switch all the necessary power circuits but I know of no one that owns a Bluewater that actually cruises from that lower helm.

Many comments are made about the low freeboard of a Bluewater, and some say it is only 2 feet, and most of these comments are from people who have been talking to Carver salespeople...:flowers: or never been on one or did not know how to handle the boat.

The freeboard is 53 inches and rises to 71 inches on full plane with a sharp entry and flared bow and 7 inch reverse chines, providing even more lift in bigger water.

I have factory DVD's of sea trials in 12 foot seas on lake Superior and the boat handles it.

We truly enjoy the river and canal cruising experience much more than open water where there is nothing to see other than water so for us and our type of cruising, it is the best boat and although I would exercise caution, I would have no problem along the coast...

The OP is absolutely correct in that caution is required and when you are in shallow waters, 10 foot bows are not required. For the type of cruising we do, buying a Marlow or Norhavn for big water would be like buying an M1 tank to go rabbit hunting.

One comment I would make relative to the trip on the west coast is that gas engines do not put out the power of diesels in bigger water, but are fine for river cruising.

The boat requires a good safety minded captain, :flowers: but, I have been on a 65 foot Carver in such seas and in my opinion, there are not too many boats that are comfortable in 8 to 10 foot seas, unless they are 150 footers.

I took mine from Charleston to the Hudson river in the ocean and then on to Windsor, Ontario in the canals and great lakes, and there was only one day that we stayed in due to weather and on that day even the local fishing fleet was not going out. the rest of the time we were fine.

I am not trying to say that it is a big water boat, it is not, but it is certainly fine in coastal waters 20-30 miles from shore, it offers ample living quarters and more entertainment area for its size compared to most other boats. We have entertained 24 people at one time on the upper deck alone, and diesel fuel usage ranges from 2mpg at 7 mph to 2gpm at 20 mph. (4gph to 40gph) 10 times the fuel for three times the speed... which is quite normal for a boat this size at that speed.

dc9loser 13-11-2013 09:54

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Thanks! Good info. I suspect that a bluewater is appropriate 99% of the time, you just need to be near safe harbor to hide that scary 1% of the time...

RaySea Lady 13-11-2013 10:31

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc9loser (Post 1389778)
Thanks! Good info. I suspect that a bluewater is appropriate 99% of the time, you just need to be near safe harbor to hide that scary 1% of the time...

Either that or have good weather info like XM weather on the boat, like I do, and if it does look stormy, stay in.:flowers:

Stumble 13-11-2013 14:45

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
I would agree. I think RaySea and I have the same boat, and we love it. We looked at the various deep water boats, and frankly just couldn't justify them for what we do.

I still don't think I would be excited about crossing the Gulf of Mexico, but taking the shoreline of it would be fine. They are more than just lake boats, but not true heavy weather ocean going either. Oh the other hand we have had parties with 35 people aboard and the huge deck makes parties like that fun. For just two it is a great way to spend a few days on the hook, with plenty of space to lay out and relax.

RaySea Lady 13-11-2013 15:19

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumble (Post 1390010)
I would agree. I think RaySea and I have the same boat, and we love it. We looked at the various deep water boats, and frankly just couldn't justify them for what we do.

I still don't think I would be excited about crossing the Gulf of Mexico, but taking the shoreline of it would be fine. They are more than just lake boats, but not true heavy weather ocean going either. Oh the other hand we have had parties with 35 people aboard and the huge deck makes parties like that fun. For just two it is a great way to spend a few days on the hook, with plenty of space to lay out and relax.

Amen Bro ! :flowers: But your signature says you have a Beneteau???:p

I am looking to get another twin to my 58 to leave in florida for cruising in the winter months, rather than bringing mine down and back up to the Great lakes every year.

there are pics of mine in my album on this site.

BDARCHER 11-01-2014 17:23

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Does anyone know of a site for the Bluewaters? I have a 55 and would like to chat with others that have Bluewaters. Bluewater looks to be closed down like so many others.
Thanks Bobby

RaySea Lady 11-01-2014 17:34

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BDARCHER (Post 1437849)
Does anyone know of a site for the Bluewaters? I have a 55 and would like to chat with others that have Bluewaters. Bluewater looks to be closed down like so many others.
Thanks Bobby

Not aware of such a site, don't think it exists. Bluewater has been shut down since 2008, the great recession got it.

anything we can help you with here?

Stumble 11-01-2014 19:25

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
RaySea,

I must have missed it, but I also have a Bluewater Millennial 5800 (2001 I think).


BDArcher,

To the best of my knowledge Bluewater went out of business during the market crash. I don't know of an owners group, but if you have any questions I would be happy to help.

mike10haken 26-01-2015 11:55

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
i am extremely new to this type of forum,but getting desperate.I own a Bluewater 51 coastal cruiser on a small lake in IOWA(hence the problem)! I have a leaky gas tank an there isnt anyone in our area that can tackle this job! Has anyone out there replaced a tank on one of these or have ANY practical solutions/suggestions?

mike10haken 26-01-2015 14:10

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
unless RaySea Lady wants to purchase her for southern cruising!::))

BDARCHER 27-01-2015 07:24

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Some questions. Have you pin pointed the leak? How much fuel is in the tank? Is it the front or rear tank? The leak could be a fuel line a vent line or a fuel sending unit gasket leaking. I had a sending unit gasket leaking when close to full.

mike10haken 27-01-2015 10:05

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
the tank is empty,we eliminated all lines,filler tube,and sending unit.I only have one tank-starts under back bed up thru galley and stops at generator hatch.Im 99% sure I need to replace tank OR put a bladder in existing tank?? Any ideas or suggestions helpful.

BDARCHER 28-01-2015 19:21

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
I would cut the floor and remove tank and replace. Im not sure I would trust a blatter. Just my 2 pennies. Good Luck

BDARCHER 23-03-2015 08:04

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
I have a question about the bielge blowers on my 1989 55ft Bluewater gas burner genny and engines. Should we run the blowers when underway. Also should we run the genny blowers at anchor with genny running. My genny blowers exuast bielge blower air from both port an star side. The genny engine exaust come out mid ship 2 inches above water line on port side. Im not sure which side the blower should exuast the air on. Id like to know how the blowers came from the factory. It has 2 blowers in genny compartment. Thanks Bdarcher

Stumble 23-03-2015 13:33

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Bd,

On a gass boat you should always have the blowers on. From prestart to at least until the engine is off. If you have a gas generator, then yes they need to stay on the whole time they are running. For a diesel you don't have to, but it is good practice, the fan helps cool the engine and deliver fresh air, as well as keep the engines from heating up the salon.

On ours (diesel) we keep the fans going from slip to slip, unless we turn off both engines and the gen set.


I am sorry I missed your post about replacing fuel tanks. We had to replace ours a couple of years ago, and it was a huge job. I can track down the process if you still need help with it, but basically they disassembled the cabin to pull the old one out, installed a new custom tank we bought from a tank fab shop here, and then reinstalled the interior

Star0210 01-05-2016 13:40

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Hi....brand new here.
I realize this is an older thread but my husband and I just bought an old 1982 Bluewater 47'. We haven't actually taken possession of it yet and won't for a few more weeks but I've been scouring the net for info on this make and model.
Not too much out there.

garrobito 01-05-2016 14:04

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Star0210 (Post 2110602)
Hi....brand new here.
I realize this is an older thread but my husband and I just bought an old 1982 Bluewater 47'. We haven't actually taken possession of it yet and won't for a few more weeks but I've been scouring the net for info on this make and model.
Not too much out there.

Hi there!
YEs, factory went out business and it's hard to get first hand data for this boats.
I have a 45 (liveaboard) and actually in the process to change floors. Let me know if you need some information.
Best regard

Star0210 01-05-2016 15:38

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by garrobito (Post 2110624)
Hi there!
YEs, factory went out business and it's hard to get first hand data for this boats.
I have a 45 (liveaboard) and actually in the process to change floors. Let me know if you need some information.
Best regard

Thanks! The people we're buying the boat from live on it full time and he's done a beautiful job on updating the interior and refinishing all the teak.
When we started looking, this was not at all the kind of boat we were thinking we wanted. But when we saw it, we really just fell in love.
We are excited and can't wait to get our hands on it!
My husband had to travel to Singapore for work for a couple of weeks..hence the delay. Should be ours May 16th.

Star0210 01-05-2016 15:40

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
1 Attachment(s)
Am I only allowed to upload one picture at a time?

larkinja 05-09-2016 20:54

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaySea Lady (Post 1389753)
Hi,

I just saw this thread and was compelled to reply...:flowers:

I have had a Bluewater 58 in the Great Lakes for 7 years now and it is a GREAT BOAT.

I have had it in 6 to 8 foot choppy conditions on Lake Huron, (which is not rolling waves in the ocean but quite rough) and although it was certainly not comfortable on the beam it was quite fine at angle on the bow, so we just tacked to destination. We had white water go over the bow a few times but no big deal, the boat handled it fine.

We always run from the fly bridge, what is called a lower helm really isn't and is a waste of money for the manufacturer to put that on as an option, it is ok to start the engines and switch all the necessary power circuits but I know of no one that owns a Bluewater that actually cruises from that lower helm.

Many comments are made about the low freeboard of a Bluewater, and some say it is only 2 feet, and most of these comments are from people who have been talking to Carver salespeople...:flowers: or never been on one or did not know how to handle the boat.

The freeboard is 53 inches and rises to 71 inches on full plane with a sharp entry and flared bow and 7 inch reverse chines, providing even more lift in bigger water.

I have factory DVD's of sea trials in 12 foot seas on lake Superior and the boat handles it.

We truly enjoy the river and canal cruising experience much more than open water where there is nothing to see other than water so for us and our type of cruising, it is the best boat and although I would exercise caution, I would have no problem along the coast...

The OP is absolutely correct in that caution is required and when you are in shallow waters, 10 foot bows are not required. For the type of cruising we do, buying a Marlow or Norhavn for big water would be like buying an M1 tank to go rabbit hunting.

One comment I would make relative to the trip on the west coast is that gas engines do not put out the power of diesels in bigger water, but are fine for river cruising.

The boat requires a good safety minded captain, :flowers: but, I have been on a 65 foot Carver in such seas and in my opinion, there are not too many boats that are comfortable in 8 to 10 foot seas, unless they are 150 footers.

I took mine from Charleston to the Hudson river in the ocean and then on to Windsor, Ontario in the canals and great lakes, and there was only one day that we stayed in due to weather and on that day even the local fishing fleet was not going out. the rest of the time we were fine.

I am not trying to say that it is a big water boat, it is not, but it is certainly fine in coastal waters 20-30 miles from shore, it offers ample living quarters and more entertainment area for its size compared to most other boats. We have entertained 24 people at one time on the upper deck alone, and diesel fuel usage ranges from 2mpg at 7 mph to 2gpm at 20 mph. (4gph to 40gph) 10 times the fuel for three times the speed... which is quite normal for a boat this size at that speed.


Hi RaySea

Kind of digging up an old post here, but I have been trying to find some information on blue water yachts. I am in love with the unique design of the blue water boats. There are mixed reviews on here about the quality and seaworthiness of the vessels. We boat out of Holland, Mi and are looking for larger boat to cruise around. We mainly go on short cruises and hang out on the beaches. We occasionally do a cruise to Chicago, or Milwaukee, Ludington, etc.. We currently do it on a Searay Express cruiser, but are looking for something more comfortable.

Would you be willing to share some of your experiences on your bluewater? Obviously these are not real common around here and just curious why. I can understand the styling isn't for everyone, but is it appropriate for the conditions we have? While I would like to increase the number of boatable days we can enjoy, I am not looking for something that can handle 6 footers either. Do you think the 52 would be just as capable? Any input or advise you can provide would be sincerely appreciated.

RaySea Lady 05-09-2016 21:09

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Hi Larkinja,

You are correct that it is an old post. :) not sure what more i can tell you than what was in the original post.

I still have my 58 Bluewater situated in the Great Lakes in Windsor Ontario. it is stored in a heated warehouse in Detroit for the winter months.

It is now going on ten years that we have had the boat and have had no issues at all in the Great lakes. it is a great boat for family and for entertaining and we still enjoy it immensely. I have generally found that most people that post bad reviews about Bluewater's have never been on one.

Yes, they do require a good captain, every boat deserves one, and, as i had mentioned before, we had it in rough 6 to 8 foot weather for two days and it is not comfortable and neither is most any other boat that size in that kind of weather.

I would not attempt an ocean voyage on one but they were never intended for that, but they are an excellent coastal cruiser. They will do everything that a Carver or Searay will do as they are not big water boats either, but the Bluewater will do it with much more comfort and space.

However, we bought a condo in florida last year and also another boat to remain there so we may be putting up our bluewater for sale in the near future. Still not quite sure about boating in florida... :)

I can tell you that my Bluewater is better equipped than any other on the market and has all that is needed to do even the Great Loop. if you have any questions or interest, email me at rc@mnsi.net

Capt Phil 05-09-2016 21:50

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
RaySea Lady... Unless you have sailed or cruised aboard any vessel you have no idea or credibility. You have been there! The Bluewater cruising boats are absolutely wonderful for what they are designed for... reliable gas engines, roomy, great in a moderate seaway and easy to handle.
There are many where I now live near Lake Tahoe and have a good reputation on the lake. I would not venture out on one north of Point Conception on the west coast however and would check the weather very carefully south of there.
Your comments are right on in my opinion! Thanks for posting... Phil

RaySea Lady 06-09-2016 08:00

Re: Bluewater Yachts
 
Thank you for the kind words Capt Phil

Only one correction, mine has 450 cummins turbo 8.3 Diesel engines, I have over 1100 hours on them and had no issues other than normal maintenance.
Fuel economy ranges from 2mpg at 7 mph (idle) to 2gpm at 22mph.

I would also like to add, that i ran into a situation where we had another couple on our boat doing a show and tell and his wife fell in love with it. Some time latter I found out that he was badmouthing the Bluewater and that he would never have one. Later found out that it was counter pressure against his wife wanting him to trade his silverton in...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.