Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Marine Electronics (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   email setup OPENCPN (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13/email-setup-opencpn-215892.html)

Amechia 24-03-2019 19:44

email setup OPENCPN

Hi computer savy sailors,

I do not know how to configure OPENCPN V.4.8.8 with Windows 10 email program to be able to request GRIB files. The message reads: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

My PC does receive Webmail but i do not know where to go to create a new association to connect email capability with OpenCpn.

Can anyone offer some help?

LeaseOnLife 24-03-2019 20:05

Re: email setup OPENCPN

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amechia (Post 2855221)
Hi computer savy sailors,

I do not know how to configure OPENCPN V.4.8.8 with Windows 10 email program to be able to request GRIB files. The message reads: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

My PC does receive Webmail but i do not know where to go to create a new association to connect email capability with OpenCpn.

Can anyone offer some help?

Please try the newer OpenCPN V5.0.0, the mechanism to call the email program/app has changed, to address the issue you describe

Amechia 24-03-2019 20:19

Thanks for the quick reply. I updated to v.5.0. The grib plug in did open my webmail browser. Do i have to copy the "send.....(lat lon....) into the subject line manually, or is the grib plug in suppose to take care of it? What is the email for saildocs's requests?

Thanks again.

Leor

bdbcat 24-03-2019 20:54

leor...

Was the webmail client message "filled in", or just a blank message form presented?

Dave

LeaseOnLife 24-03-2019 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amechia (Post 2855239)
Thanks for the quick reply. I updated to v.5.0. The grib plug in did open my webmail browser. Do i have to copy the "send.....(lat lon....) into the subject line manually, or is the grib plug in suppose to take care of it? What is the email for saildocs's requests?

Thanks again.

Leor

The subject shouldn't matter, but the email recipient ("To:") should be query@saildocs.com and the "send.....(lat lon....)" should be in the message body/text.

Amechia 25-03-2019 10:44

The Webmail grib download is working fine on v.5.0. I'm new to OpenCPN. Great program and free. Next I will try to figure out Weather Routing.

Fair winds and following aft quarter seas.