Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Fountaine Pajot (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f136/)
-   -   Bahia 46: In General (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f136/in-general-19632.html)

farkaz 21-09-2008 03:48

In General

We think we have found our boat after much searching. 2002 Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46. Can anyone tell me anything to discourage us from this vessel or have any history with this type of craft. Thankyou in advance.
Paul and Karen

Wellington 23-09-2008 02:32

I've heard very good things about this boat. In particular, it seems to be one of the most comfortable around, and it's quite fast. If we were on the market to buy right now, it would be at the top of our list.

josef 23-09-2008 04:07

FP Bahia 46

Had one for 3 years .Excellent liveaboard.Recommend strongly.

Kiwikat 29-09-2008 22:01

We spent 4 days on one a couple of months ago and were thoroughly impressed with her performance. The Bahia is up there in our top 2 preferred cats when we eventually make the plunge. We would love to hear your comments, should you go ahead and purchase this boat.

Cheers
Clyde and Lisa

Camp Director G 29-09-2008 22:23

[quote=Kiwikat;210802] The Bahia is up there in our top 2 preferred cats...

What is your other preferred cat?

Kiwikat 29-09-2008 22:45

What is your other preferred cat?[/quote]

The Dolphin 460. It sort of comes down to the daggerboards vs minikeel thing (and price:D) but we'd really be happy with either and don't have to make the decision for another year or two yet :(

Cheers

Palarran 02-10-2008 20:40

The Bahia is my prefered boat now also. There are nicer boats, but not may you can get for the price, including the Dolphin. I'm thinking about quite a few modifications for one. Anyone interested in comparing notes?

Abaco 03-10-2008 06:20

Paul and Karen,

If food is a priority for you, take a close look at the galley. All of the work space is on top of the ice box. If you are prepping a meal and someone needs a cold drink or you have to move everything out of the way to get into the fridge or freezer. For me the galley is very poorly laid out.

Kiwikat 03-10-2008 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaco (Post 212033)
Paul and Karen,

If food is a priority for you, take a close look at the galley. All of the work space is on top of the ice box. If you are prepping a meal and someone needs a cold drink or you have to move everything out of the way to get into the fridge or freezer. For me the galley is very poorly laid out.

Yes, we are well aware of this but some have been fitted with an additional front opening option. As we intend to be full time liveaboard that would be a priority modification.

Cheers:)

Kiwikat 03-10-2008 17:30

1 Attachment(s)
Something like this one here.

Therapy 04-10-2008 17:41

The only thing I have noticed on FPs is the little itty-bitty sinks.
Is it just me that thinks doing dishes would be a hassle?

capcook 04-10-2008 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwikat (Post 210815)
What is your other preferred cat?

The Dolphin 460. It sort of comes down to the daggerboards vs minikeel thing (and price:D) but we'd really be happy with either and don't have to make the decision for another year or two yet :(

Cheers[/quote]

The Dolphin does look pretty nice, do you know about what they run new? I didn't see any listed on Yachtworld.com used...

Cheers

Kiwikat 04-10-2008 20:45

The Dolphin does look pretty nice, do you know about what they run new? I didn't see any listed on Yachtworld.com used...
[/quote]

Check out this link. www.multihullcompany.com/

It should tell you what you want to know....... both new and used.

We have been lucky enough to have been on a Dolphin several times and really love the galley arrangement...... Well the whole dang boat actually!!

Cheers

capcook 05-10-2008 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwikat (Post 212468)

Check out this link. www.multihullcompany.com/

It should tell you what you want to know....... both new and used.

We have been lucky enough to have been on a Dolphin several times and really love the galley arrangement...... Well the whole dang boat actually!!

Cheers[/quote]

Thanks Kiwikat,

I did find some info and pricing on the Dolphin, pretty new boat but by the time I am ready to buy in a year or so, perhaps there will be some used good used ones around. From you link I also read the article the "Ten Commandments Of Buying A Catamaran" very insight full and recommend it to any potential buyers...here's the link to that article...

Cheers

The Ten Commandments of Buying a Catamaran

mikereed100 06-10-2008 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therapy (Post 212434)
The only thing I have noticed on FPs is the little itty-bitty sinks.
Is it just me that thinks doing dishes would be a hassle?

I agree. I think that's one of the prices you pay with a boat designed for the charter industry. I wonder if there is room to retrofit a life-sized sink?