Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Atlantic & the Caribbean (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Chesapeake Restaurants with alongside docking? (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f19/chesapeake-restaurants-with-alongside-docking-192329.html)

LeeV 12-10-2017 07:14

Chesapeake Restaurants with alongside docking?

Any favorite places in the middle Chesapeake for lunch/dinner with alongside docking for wide beams (26')? Looking to get out after a refit and some health issues with dinner and then a quiet anchorage for Sat night but curious if anybody has any favorites!

Regards,

Drew13440 12-10-2017 07:33

Re: Chesapeake Restaurants with alongside docking?

Capsize in Oxford, MD is good and has limited berthing space to accommodate your vessel. You'd be welcome to spend the night if you wanted to. I'd make a reservation so's they can hold a berth wide enough.

ranger42c 12-10-2017 07:53

Might depend on what you mean by "middle" Chesapeake.

Thursday's in Galesville has two tie-ups that could work for you... if they're empty when you arrive.

The Dry Dock Restaurant at Zahniser's in Solomons could maybe work; Zahniser's has several T-heads.

There's on an-site restaurant at Knapp's Narrows Marina; can't remember the current name of it... but the long floating dock at the marina would likely fork.

You could check ActiveCaptain for details and other possibilities...

-Chris

TheOffice 12-10-2017 07:56

Severn inn Annapolis too. Pirates cove fuel dock in Galesville.

Suijin 12-10-2017 08:04

Cantler's Riverside Inn up Mill Creek off Whitehall Bay, just north of Annapolis if you like crabs and seafood. You'd have to be at the end of the smallish T-dock though and it can get crowded and there might not be room.

Whitehall Bay and it's creeks have lots of anchoring spots.

There is of course Pusser's right on Ego Alley in Annapolis although that's a whole scene in and of itself and you'd probably want to take a mooring and the water taxi in.

Suijin 12-10-2017 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger42c (Post 2497568)
The Dry Dock Restaurant at Zahniser's in Solomons could maybe work; Zahniser's has several T-heads.

I recall that overnight dockage at Zahniser's is free if you eat there. Nowhere to really anchor out other than in the basin though at Solomon's and not exactly scenic.

Suijin 12-10-2017 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew13440 (Post 2497556)
Capsize in Oxford, MD is good and has limited berthing space to accommodate your vessel. You'd be welcome to spend the night if you wanted to. I'd make a reservation so's they can hold a berth wide enough.

Oxford is my favorite small town on the Chesapeake. Absolutely lovely and you can anchor out if there's no available dockage.

**edit** Just realized my profile pic was taken at Oxford, fwiw

4arch 12-10-2017 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suijin (Post 2497574)
There is of course Pusser's right on Ego Alley in Annapolis although that's a whole scene in and of itself and you'd probably want to take a mooring and the water taxi in.

The power boat show is this weekend so Ego Alley will be closed and moorings will be scarce.

ranger42c 12-10-2017 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOffice (Post 2497569)
Pirates cove fuel dock in Galesville.

That fuel dock is actually next door to Pirate's Cove, far as I know, still part of West River Yacht Harbor (condo docks). If so, still might work... but could need some advance arrangements.

-Chris

LeeV 12-10-2017 10:21

Thanks for the ideas; I should have said our tri is at Hartge's so very familiar with P.Cove/Thursday's and Annapolis.

If we have some wind we could make good time and easily reach Oxford where we've never been, so that might be a good choice. Eat and then anchor out - the perfect weekend!

v/r

Sirago 12-10-2017 11:30

The Waterman in Rock Hall, MD has great crabs, dock at site. You can then over night in Swan Creek on the hook.

vlathom 12-10-2017 11:59

Severn Inn is a no-no to docking. They've let the "marina" go to seed.

Zanhizers has moorings that are close to shore.

MIRELOS 12-10-2017 12:16

Middle River has a few, RiverWatch and Crazy Tuna among others with berthing for cats

RABenko 12-10-2017 16:37

Crab Claw in St. Michael's ... also virtually all the restaurants in the harbor are within easy walking distance ... Town Dock etc.

RABenko 12-10-2017 16:39

Another one is the Chesire Crab on Bodkin Creek off the south side of the Patapsco River. You can tie up or they have a water taxi that will come pick you up at anchor.