Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   OpenCPN (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/)
-   -   GE2KAP (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/ge2kap-191883.html)

Bimbadeen 01-10-2017 20:16

GE2KAP
 
Can anyone please let me know how to install GE2KAP, I have used it before and had great success using the google earth chartlets with OpenCPN. Now the website doesn't seen to have a help file??

Thanks:thumb:

Bimbadeen 01-10-2017 23:12

Re: Open CPN Plugin for GE2KAP
 
Problem Solved - GE2KAP now installed BUT I can no longer find the GE2KAP plugin for the new version of OpenCPN...... when I try to do a GE overlay image GE2KAP asks me to install the plug-in but its not available for download?? any help appreciated

conachair 02-10-2017 01:28

Re: GE2KAP
 
Have you tried the venture farther plugin?

Not as sophisticated as ge2kap but very useful.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2482697

conachair 02-10-2017 01:55

Re: Open CPN Plugin for GE2KAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimbadeen (Post 2491048)
Problem Solved - GE2KAP now installed BUT I can no longer find the GE2KAP plugin for the new version of OpenCPN...... when I try to do a GE overlay image GE2KAP asks me to install the plug-in but its not available for download?? any help appreciated

It's in the folder created when you ran the ge2kap installer.

Here on my win10 machine -
C:\GE2KAP\GE2KAP.V26.0.0.0

Help available:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!...2CE519717DF71B
GE2KAP Help

rgleason 02-10-2017 06:53

Re: GE2KAP
 
https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/do...ation:ge2kap&s[]=ge2kap

yachtvalhalla 02-10-2017 23:33

Re: GE2KAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimbadeen (Post 2490985)
Can anyone please let me know how to install GE2KAP, I have used it before and had great success using the google earth chartlets with OpenCPN. Now the website doesn't seen to have a help file??

Thanks:thumb:

My guides may be of some use to you:

Create GE2KAP Overlay (Rev12)

GE2KAP2SASP

And since I cover using SAS Planet here's a download link as well:

SAS Planet1

Good luck and let us know if you hit any more snags.

Terry

Bimbadeen 03-10-2017 01:34

Re: GE2KAP
 
Thanks Terry, that's great I will give it a go - much appreciated :smile:

Bimbadeen 03-10-2017 01:59

Re: GE2KAP
 
Hi Again Terry, I had a look through your GE2KAP Overlay (Rev12) document and on page 20 there is a popup when installing saying that GE2KAP plugin was successfully installed and to enable it in OpenCPN but I never got this message and it's not in OpenCPN to enable.... any ideas?? I was hoping someone could just give me a direct link to the plugin but no luck thus far.

Bimbadeen 03-10-2017 02:13

Re: GE2KAP
 
Terry and Others.
Thanks for all your help I just stumbled into the answer and have now got the plugin working.
I found the plugin in the C: GE2KAP folder (as conachair already told me!) but it wouldn't install before and now I got it to run with the Check Rexx application.
Sorry if I have annoyed anyone with this but I'm not really up with it all but we're all go here now so a big thanks to all.

Darren:smile::smile::smile:

rgleason 03-10-2017 04:29

Re: GE2KAP
 
Bimbaden, is your OS mac? Out of curiosity.

rgleason 03-10-2017 04:51

Re: GE2KAP
 
Terry I've put your links here. Hope they work. Done with cell phone.

Bimbadeen 03-10-2017 15:08

Re: GE2KAP
 
No OS is Windows 10

rgleason 03-10-2017 15:13

Re: GE2KAP
 
Bimbadeen. Please educate me. What is the check regx application and why do you need it to install a windows application?

yachtvalhalla 03-10-2017 17:43

Re: GE2KAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rgleason (Post 2492061)
Bimbadeen. Please educate me. What is the check regx application and why do you need it to install a windows application?

Paul Higgins uses the ooRexx language in creating GE2KAP. For GE2KAP to run it needs the ooRexx interpreter installed on the machine. Remember Paul used to work for IBM. (Not sure if 'interpreter' is the correct word) :confused:

During installation of GE2KAP it checks to see if ooRexx has been downloaded and installed. If not you are prompted to do so.

Terry

CarCode 03-10-2017 18:25

Re: GE2KAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yachtvalhalla (Post 2492145)
Paul Higgins uses the ooRexx language in creating GE2KAP. For GE2KAP to run it needs the ooRexx interpreter installed on the machine. Remember Paul used to work for IBM. (Not sure if 'interpreter' is the correct word) :confused:

During installation of GE2KAP it checks to see if ooRexx has been downloaded and installed. If not you are prompted to do so.

Terry

Correct, ooRexx is an interpreter language. That means the human readable source code is not compiled to machine code to an executable and this executable is started but the ooRexx code is given to the interpreter which translate it to machine code during startup.
That is nice for small programs and test them on the fly.

Gerhard


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.