Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Electrical: Batteries, Generators & Solar (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Where to buy deep cycle batteries in Thailand or Langkawi (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f14/where-to-buy-deep-cycle-batteries-in-thailand-or-langkawi-172326.html)

Kiss2016 07-09-2016 05:35

Where to buy deep cycle batteries in Thailand or Langkawi

I am looking for some info on where to get a fair price on deep cycle batteries around Phuket, Thailand or in Langkawi, Malaysia. I have many other equipments to buy so I am looking for deep cycle batteries that will last 2 - 5 years. I know that it is short sighted but this is all I can afford for the moment. Some places go crazy and ask 500$ for a 100 amps.

ErikFinn 07-09-2016 05:54

Re: Where to buy deep cycle batteries in Thailand or Langkawi

About 6 months ago I asked the price for Trojan T105 at the Peninsular Yachts in Langkawi, it was about rm 800. Few years back the other on at RLYC wanted rm 1400 for a piece..
I reckon importer price should be around 700 to 800 rm. If you find cheaper please let me know.
Do not be tricked into paying Trojan price for a cheap Thai imitation of the T105, much less lead and much less quality.

lamadriver 07-09-2016 10:10

you can buy powerbatt agm's out of KL (100 amp hr ) for 400-500RM (110-120 USD) a piece. About 100 usd to ship them to langkawi ( i shipped 6 for this price).

The local chandelrys get them from the same place and mark them up 20%.

Pollux Battery Express Wholesales Malaysia

I have these and they have been fine , i also know of several people who have had these batteries for 5 + years and they are still holding up.
LD

Kiss2016 07-09-2016 22:56

These are good news for me.

I'll wait to be back in Langkawi to buy them.

Thanks

chris in SG 07-09-2016 23:46

You might consider visiting a convenient golf club or resort with golf course, and ask where they source their buggy batteries..

ErikFinn 08-09-2016 00:37

I should mention that Peninsular Yachts did not have stock of the Trojan T105 last time I visited but they can order of course. Expect delivery time of few weeks. If you need the email of the manager there let me know.
Cheers

Basil 08-09-2016 21:59

Singa batteries in phuket is very honest an very competitive priced, I purchased from there an have had a very good deal.

lizardofoz 10-03-2018 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikFinn (Post 2208504)
I should mention that Peninsular Yachts did not have stock of the Trojan T105 last time I visited but they can order of course. Expect delivery time of few weeks. If you need the email of the manager there let me know.
Cheers

Peninsular Yachts have shut down. The director Hafiz walked away owning money to everyone including consignment stock I had there that he had sold worth 11,200RM to me. Kept making excuses for not paying until he shut and dissapeared

ErikFinn 11-03-2018 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizardofoz (Post 2594197)
Peninsular Yachts have shut down. The director Hafiz walked away owning money to everyone including consignment stock I had there that he had sold worth 11,200RM to me. Kept making excuses for not paying until he shut and dissapeared

So disappointing to learn this. I suggest filing a police report.

lizardofoz 11-03-2018 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErikFinn (Post 2594205)
So disappointing to learn this. I suggest filing a police report.

When I get down there I will. I am the importer of E-Solar batteries, Rocna anchors, Rainman Watermakers and a number of other productfor Thailand. Hafiz was a crook. He didnt own the business and the owner was from the UK and very ill. He probably got ripped off as well. Nothing new in Asia