Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Health, Safety & Related Gear (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f122/)
-   -   Marinas in Cuba (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f122/marinas-in-cuba-167075.html)

Jack_Sparrow 31-05-2016 09:27

Marinas in Cuba

Hi,

soon I would be cruising to Cuba from Puerto Rico and I try to find some info about Cuba's marinas. Unfortunetly it is not so easy. I have found these websites Cuba Marinas - Marinas of Cuba

but I can bet there is much more marinas than 10 !!! I would be going through nort side of Domenican Rep., Haiti to Cuba by power boat and need fuel safety :) Can somebody tell me if there is any marina in Baracoa, East side, or sth very close to?:peace:

Ndavies 31-05-2016 10:50

Re: Marinas in Cuba

So far, I have only been into Marina Hemingway (November 2016 - more info on my blog), but I am presently in Isla Mujeres, Mexico and headed for the marina on the west end (Los Morros), later this week. Hemmingway had plenty of fuel. When I was researching things I got a great response from "nolagal" on this forum. You might search for that thread or check his blog - See S/V WAHOO: Six Weeks along the Cuban South Coast

I have heard good reports about the new marina in Veraderro, in terms of good facilities, fuel etc. Also, Wally Moran is doing a live Q and A session on Cuba tomorrow at 6pm I think (June 1). If you search him on Google+ you should find info plus a recording of his last Cuba Q and A session. I think that was about a year ago.

I hope that helps a bit! Good luck!

Jack_Sparrow 31-05-2016 11:28

Re: Marinas in Cuba

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ndavies (Post 2133201)
So far, I have only been into Marina Hemingway (November 2016 - more info on my blog), but I am presently in Isla Mujeres, Mexico and headed for the marina on the west end (Los Morros), later this week. Hemmingway had plenty of fuel. When I was researching things I got a great response from "nolagal" on this forum. You might search for that thread or check his blog - See S/V WAHOO: Six Weeks along the Cuban South Coast

I have heard good reports about the new marina in Veraderro, in terms of good facilities, fuel etc. Also, Wally Moran is doing a live Q and A session on Cuba tomorrow at 6pm I think (June 1). If you search him on Google+ you should find info plus a recording of his last Cuba Q and A session. I think that was about a year ago.

I hope that helps a bit! Good luck!

Thank you for your response. I have checked shortly both bloqs and I will read them today later on more patient. At the moment I am in USVI for few more days and than north side of Puerto Rico, Dominican Rep., Haiti, north side of Cuba till Key West, FL. Of course some info are very helpful. I will also try to contact monogal. Enjoy your trip and will check your bloq quite often. :)