Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   OpenCPN (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/)
-   -   14 Plugins - Writers Needed - User Manual (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/14-plugins-writers-needed-user-manual-162116.html)

rgleason 01-03-2016 06:21

14 Plugins - Writers Needed - User Manual

We have 14 Plugins that have no documentation and are looking for volunteers to write a paragraph or a page with one or more screenshots.
Brevity is expected, please keep your writeup to a bare minimum.

The list of 14 plugins needing documentation are here
Other Plugins | Official OpenCPN Homepage

How to edit the manual.
Edit the User Manual | Official OpenCPN Homepage

How to start a new page.
Edit and Add Child Page | Official OpenCPN Homepage

How to Register and Log in
User account | Official OpenCPN Homepage

If you know and use a plugin, it would be very helpful if you could take an hour and write a very brief explanation of what the plugin does, how it works with just one or two screenshots.

Thank you.

Gilletarom 01-03-2016 22:13

Re: 14 Plugins - Writers Needed - User Manual

Hello,

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgleason (Post 2060309)
We have 14 Plugins that have no documentation and are looking for volunteers to write a paragraph or a page with one or more screenshots.....

If you want, I can use the french page of Shoreline and tranlate the two french pages for :
- AIS radar
- IAC Fleet.

rgleason 02-03-2016 03:21

That would be great Gilletarom. Thankyou. You can just add a page for each one under external plugins.
Thankyou for the contribution.

rgleason 02-03-2016 03:29

Now we just need volunteers for just 12 plugins! Come guys you should try editing the wiki. Its quite easy once you've done it.

All we need is one or two paragraphs and a screenshot.

Start with some of Sean's simple but powerful UI plugins or pick another one you use.

It would be nice to have some new volunteers step up and help with their favorite navigation program!

This is a good chance to contribute your skills and knowledge to the community project. The User Manual must be maintained by the users! There is no other way this will get done.

Gilletarom 04-03-2016 11:56

Hello RGLeason,

Help ... Gilletarom knows only do stupid things ... :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

I started to create a page for the IAC-Fleet plugin. Here it is:

IAC Fleet plugin | Official OpenCPN Homepage

For now, it only contains text. I still have Image to insert.

But it is not where it should've be ...... Could you give it to the right place in the list of descriptions of plugins.

After that, I will complete. Thank you in advance.

Best regards. Gilletarom

Gilletarom 04-03-2016 13:31

I also started the page about the AIS radar plugin. I think I got better taken. the page is:

AIS display as with a radar screen aspect. | Official OpenCPN Homepage

It is not over yet. I will add to screenshots. But first, if you think it is not in the place where you wanted it to be, feel free to move it.