Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Crew Archives (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Crew Wanted: Mexico to Hawaii (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f138/mexico-to-hawaii-161213.html)

svasunto 14-02-2016 20:01

Mexico to Hawaii

I am looking for one or two people to sail from Puerto Vallarta to Oahu on or around March 23, 2015.

I currently have one other person committed but I'd like another sailor or two to make the shifts a little easier.

The boat is a 50' Catalina sloop that should do 150 miles plus per day.

Let me know if your interested.

Thanks!

Kolby

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

rockDAWG 15-02-2016 08:22

Re: Mexico to Hawaii

Whoa..... nice ride!!!

DPayne 15-02-2016 16:27

Would you be interested in a crew member with no sailing experience?

mark woods 18-02-2016 09:53

Hi kolby
Would be very interested. Did a two handed trans at from France to annapolis in August. Would love to sail to Hawaii. Yachtmaster offshore ce. 40,000 nm.
Please email me at mcwoodssf@gmail.com if interested.
Thank you, mark

mark woods 18-02-2016 22:02

Forgot to say I'm on the west coast.

minottx 19-02-2016 09:48

I'm currently available... Did Seattle to Hawaii in May 2003 and lots of sailing in North Atlantic including (Newport, RI USA to St John's New Brunswick, Canada)

Rauljohanna 20-02-2016 08:10

2 Attachment(s)
Would you consider us. We are available and very flexible.

In addition to motor yachts I have 2 years experience single handing a 32' O'Day
in the Caribbean and US east coast.

Please email us for details.

Raul & Johanna

RJV3958 at Gmail

Attachment 119309

Attachment 119310

islandsailor32 21-02-2016 14:21

Hey Guy's My name is Rob Kilbourne and My wife and I live aboard a Catalina 42 in Bellingham Washington, I was searching for crew positions on Cruisers forum and saw your add for Mexico to Hawaii. I did a search on your boat name and found your website/ youtube chanel. I swear I saw your boat anchored in Aquatic Park off Fisherman's Wharf in San Fransisco in early October? I was in town for business and my wife would open water swim at the south end rowing club every day. Anyway... I am very interested in crewing with you guys from Mexico to Hawaii. I have skippered my Catalina 42 all over the PWN, and am planning a trip to mexico in the next few years. My e-mail is: islandsailor32@yahoo.com I would love to hear from you to see we could make this happen. I am 45 year old business professional, with great electrical and boating skills. I do not how ever have much offshore experience, but have stood watch on overnight races.
Let me know it this sound like a good fit?

Laura Golden 01-03-2016 10:44

Hi, Kolby. Sounds like a great trip! I'll be in Guatemala until March 26 and need to be back in Costa Rica May 23. If you're willing to fly me to the boat and back, and if that timing works, I might be interested.

I've completed 3 Atlantic crossings and a Pacific, although quite some time ago. I love to stand watch and sail offshore, long distance. Just need a little brushing up on setting sails and navigating. I'm easy going and almost never get seasick.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Laura

svasunto 06-03-2016 05:22

Thanks everyone.

I've found crew for this leg but will be needing help with another leg from Oahu to Sitka around june 10.

Pm if interested.

Thanks!