Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds Archive (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f137/)
-   -   Want To Buy: Looking for hookah system (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f137/looking-for-hookah-system-151665.html)

sailorsocal 21-08-2015 15:50

Looking for hookah system

Looking for someone who has an electrical hookah system they would like to part with. On our list of things we would like on board. Send info to include brand of compressor, system, length of hoses and age if known.

Thanks.

John

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Vamonos 21-08-2015 17:25

Re: Looking for hookah system

Hmmmmm, never heard of an electric one, but what do you know. They make them. I would think that, being in California, they'd be easy to find.

:whistling:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1274_.jpg

sailorsocal 21-08-2015 17:28

Har har har har har somebody has a sense of humor. I needed that thanks

Yeti 21-08-2015 20:00

Not affiliated in any way with this. Just saw it and thought it might be what you're looking for. I might find it somewhat handy for cleaning my bottom.

12V Electric Hookah Diving Kit with Regulator Gold Dredge Pool Scuba | eBay

skipgundlach 22-08-2015 08:04

Airline by J Sink dot com

Air Line Diving System | The Air Line by J. Sink

We love ours.

captmikem 22-08-2015 08:17

Not a hooka, but I have a Bower Utilis 10 SCUBA compressor that will fill an 80 tank in about 20 minutes if you are interested, it has a 220 motor on it but is built so that you can put an electric or gas engine on it. It is small and I carried it around the world in my lazarette. It works great and has a new filter.

PM me if interested.

M

fstbttms 22-08-2015 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeti (Post 1896921)
Not affiliated in any way with this. Just saw it and thought it might be what you're looking for. I might find it somewhat handy for cleaning my bottom.

12V Electric Hookah Diving Kit with Regulator Gold Dredge Pool Scuba | eBay

As someone who earns his living with a hookah, I recommend you don't waste your money on any rig based on these super cheap, POS Chinese-made aquarium pumps. They are unlikely to be able to even come close to providing comfortable air supply at any kind of depth or while working (as in hull cleaning.)

http://www.fotolode.com/images/fstbt...ronlyac3p0.jpg

SVNeko 22-08-2015 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipgundlach (Post 1897195)

We love ours.

+1 We have the 110V version and run it off the invereter.

Kenomac 22-08-2015 08:36

We're very pleased with our Hookamax 12v system. I recommend 12v vs 110 for portability. I can go over to another boat to assist with underwater repairs, and take the dinghy to coves where the boat can't anchor. If you get a 110v plug in system, about all you can do is dive under your own boat... which is boring.

Just place the 12v system into the dinghy, hook it up to the dinghy's 12v battery and you're good to go anywhere. The charge is generally good for one hour. If you need more time or two divers... bring along an extra battery.

fstbttms 22-08-2015 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorsocal (Post 1896789)
Looking for someone who has an electrical hookah system they would like to part with. On our list of things we would like on board.

Know also that you could easily assemble your own hookah using components that are essentially identical to any commercially available unit.

svinvictus2 22-08-2015 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorsocal (Post 1896789)
Looking for someone who has an electrical hookah system they would like to part with. On our list of things we would like on board. Send info to include brand of compressor, system, length of hoses and age if known.

Thanks.

John

I have a 110 volt Brownies Hooker system with sixty feet of down line in great condition. I use it off the the inverter /charger....where R U located. It's heavy

sailorsocal 22-08-2015 09:21

I'm located in los Angeles and interested in knowing more. I'll pm you. All info appreciated and had same thoughts about the eBay listed recommendations.

John

Moontide 22-08-2015 09:50

I did a DIY hooka rig. $50 110 V oil less compressor from Harbor Freight (100 PSI, 3.0 CFM with a 1.5 gallon tank). Added FDA hose and a regulator. All in for around 150 and it works fine.

That one on EBay for $370 actually looks pretty reasonable. Don't show the PSI so that would be a question, but 15' deep is enough for doing any bottom. Little harder to use for anchor retreival, but gives you a 15' head start on your free dive.

12 volt is a real plus since you can get a separate 12 v battery and throw it all in the dinghy.

These rigs pay for themselves very quickly vs. using a diver, and if you need to plug a hole at sea they might just let you save your boat.

crabcake 22-08-2015 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipgundlach (Post 1897195)

We love ours.

Double Down on that! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

70AMX 22-08-2015 11:17

What is the 12v pump model they use for Model 12V160-3?