Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Plumbing Systems and Fixtures (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Jabsco Quiet flush toilet macerator housing (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f115/jabsco-quiet-flush-toilet-macerator-housing-135216.html)

katsumi 24-10-2014 22:14

Jabsco Quiet flush toilet macerator housing

I have had to remove a hair band from one of our toilets. The macerator housing is really stuck, the manual says knock it out with the chopper blades. Well that has not worked and have now broken part of the housing. Would appreciate if anyone has some helpful hints how to remove. I fear doing some real damage if I apply much more force.

ranger42c 25-10-2014 05:35

Re: Jabsco Quiet flush toilet macerator housing

Can you fashion a hook to insert into the curved opening in the macerator housing... and then pull there?

Or... can you access the impeller set screw? Maybe removing the macerator housing and impeller all at the same time is possible?

Or... perhaps some kind of spray lubrication -- where macerator housing meets the impeller sides? -- coupled with some "gentle" tapping around all the sides, for a while, might help eventually?

Or... a pliers-like tool with really big jaws... or maybe even a household lid-opener (for lids on glass jars)... might let you get enough purchase on the housing so as to be able to twist/rotate it a bit... which might loosen whatever is holding it?

Just ideas...

When I rebuilt ours, it came apart as the instructions describe...

-Chris

motion30 25-10-2014 05:50

Probably the motor has a slot on the shaft , if you remove the cover you can access it.

katsumi 26-10-2014 18:29

Hi
Thank you for the feedback. I have damaged the housing altogether, so I will probably chip it out piece by piece now, but I am keen to find out a proper way of removing it as they are not cheap for parts over here.
The housing I think is stuck in with the scale build up which eventually blocks up the hoses, this is something I have to remove once a year, real PITA, it sets like rock, last time I just changed the hoses, did not want to waste half a day chipping the stuff out. Any ideas how to get rid of the scale build up?
Thanks again for your time.

bstreep 27-10-2014 21:32

We treat both of ours with vinegar every few months. The real key is to use LOTS of water when flushing. I built a timer for ours, so it runs 10 seconds automatically at each flush.

motion30 01-11-2014 14:14

I have a complete new in the box macernator pump with motor and housing if anybody is interested in it. I also have a new belt and pulley kit

katsumi 02-11-2014 00:27

Where are you located? I may be interested in the macerator pump. Not sure about the belt- pulley, sounds like it is from a different toilet.

motion30 02-11-2014 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsumi (Post 1668286)
Where are you located? I may be interested in the macerator pump. Not sure about the belt- pulley, sounds like it is from a different toilet.

I am in south florida usa. All parts fit a jabsco lite flush head

RedHeather 25-08-2017 09:30

Just figured this out for ourselves. Put a wooden block into the toilet and reach in from the pump side to position the block against the bottom lip of the macerator housing. Tap on the wooden block with a dowel or the other end of a hammer and the macerator housing will slowly begin to slide out. Cheers.