Cruisers & Sailing Forums (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/)
-   Construction, Maintenance & Refit (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   Hurth Transmission (http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f55/hurth-transmission-12668.html)

Hi Ho 04-02-2008 17:51

Hurth Transmission

Where can I find a used HBW 150-2,1RV Hurth transmission. I found a rebuilt for $1700 but Im hoping for something less. If not where can I get a rebuild kit. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Steve

never monday 04-02-2008 17:57

ebay, transmission marine in Ft. Lauderdale, Trans Atlantic Diesel

Hi Ho 04-02-2008 18:32

Thanks Never Monday! I'll check them out .I bought a boat that has sat for awhile that had some water in the engine sump. The transmission had no oil left in it so I pulled the transmission. Upon inspection the one gear in the lower part of V drive has some very light pitting or surface rust on it hense might thought I might be better off to find a used transmission, do you think that is justification to scrap the transmission or should I consider rebuilding it. On another note I have a 3HM Yanmar engine that the water in the sump has rusted the pulleys on the engine. Having not had a chance to get down in there how tough is it going to be to replace those? The fresh water pump was mounted near and above the decompression lever and that is also rusted away how much of the engine am I going to have tern down to replace that. It's always nice to know what tools I'm going to need and how big ove a job I'm looking at. Thanks again.

Steve

never monday 04-02-2008 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi Ho (Post 131658)
Thanks Never Monday! I'll check them out .I bought a boat that has sat for awhile that had some water in the engine sump. The transmission had no oil left in it so I pulled the transmission. Upon inspection the one gear in the lower part of V drive has some very light pitting or surface rust on it hense might thought I might be better off to find a used transmission, do you think that is justification to scrap the transmission or should I consider rebuilding it. On another note I have a 3HM Yanmar engine that the water in the sump has rusted the pulleys on the engine. Having not had a chance to get down in there how tough is it going to be to replace those? The fresh water pump was mounted near and above the decompression lever and that is also rusted away how much of the engine am I going to have tern down to replace that. It's always nice to know what tools I'm going to need and how big ove a job I'm looking at. Thanks again.

Steve

can you email some pictures

Hi Ho 04-02-2008 19:01

I'll get some later this week, thanks again!

Steve

HASAN 25-12-2008 07:45

CHEAPER ONES

There are a cheap gearbox in bulgaria coming from turkey .Approx.1000$/750 .similar to hurth as well.