Cruisers & Sailing Forums (
-   Multihull Sailboats (
-   -   Painting Ferrari trampoline mesh (

Winch_Wench 03-11-2013 15:31

Painting Ferrari trampoline mesh
Does anyone know anything about painting Ferrari tramp mesh to improve its longevity? When we first installed our Ferrari tramps a few years ago an old salt friend suggested painting them with house paint to increase UV protection. We didn't do it, of course and now the fabric surface is starting to show signs of wear I am wondering if the paint might be worth doing.
Anyone else done it or know about it?

tamicatana 03-11-2013 16:52

Re: Painting Ferrari trampoline mesh
Sunrise Yacht Products ( carries "Net Paint" which is a water-based paint that I would guess is latex. I don't know whether it is the same as latex house paint, though.

Painting the nets is certainly worth the trouble.

solarbri 04-11-2013 03:26

I just painted my Ferrari net with exterior household latex paint. Seems like it took it well, but I've yet to use it. I'm heading back to Mexico soon with it to reinstall and use for a few months. I will report back with my findings then.

Winch_Wench 04-11-2013 03:30

Sounds good. At least I know it's not a totally crackpot idea :) I look forward to an update.

GordMay 04-11-2013 05:29

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Winch_Wench.

mikereed100 04-11-2013 07:06

The folks at West Coast Netting will apply a UV coating on your net if specified. You might give them a call and see what they use.
Custom Netting - Custom Sports Netting | West Coast Netting