Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2012, 02:21   #46

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: World Arc with 2 toddlers... Crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
In my experience kids handle their age divided by 2 in hours before being bored. OP - one word -madness. Can I ask how you even formed that idea in the first place ? Dave
Couldn't agree more. From the OP starting point I would consider the WARC in 8 years time. Firstly the kids will be of a useful age they can help, but surely more importantly they will really enoy and learn from the experience as well. Secondly that gives the OP the opportunity to learn to sail. I would suggest a couple of basic courses, followed by charter holidays in Greece, Carrib and Asia perhaps for several years. Then think about buying a boat when you have decided what you like and perhaps more importantly what you don't, at someone elses expence. Few get the right boat first time around.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2012, 08:22   #47

Re: World Arc with 2 toddlers... Crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckofficer View Post
Eric,

I need to get caught up on your blog so I don't waste your time with a bunch of questions about your future cruising that you have already covered. Besides, that adorable daughter and her picture updates is worth a trip to your blog just for the cuteness factor. I'm sure there are a lot of young couples that are in awe of your family's upcoming travel adventures. I hope to join you in the future, but for the sake of my dear old dad, not too near future if you know what I mean.
Gotcha on that last bit. We just had a conversation about my mother in law yesterday in that same regard, and my own parents aren't spring chickens. Part of the reason I want to go now is simply because we can. I don't think we'll always be able to say that.

Charlotte's been talking up the trip a lot but for me it's pretty heads down in work mode. I've got two more weeks until I chop my hours down to part time. There's so much to do on the boat it's insane. I'm over trying to get it all done and the first place we're going is Mexico which has plenty of boat worker talent and cheaper labor rates (and better weather in the winter).
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc