Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2009, 14:15   #1
Armchair Bucketeer

Woman Wanted (Must Have Own Boat)

Not sure if this should be here in the Floating Women section or Challenges , but anyway...........

I want a woman with a boat. However I am not after a "relationship". more a travelling companion to share new and exciting voyages of discovery around the (sunnier ) parts of the world for many months (and maybe years?!).

I envisage the arrangement to be like a genuine partnership (in adventure!). You provide the boat and I move onboard and the fun can start! I figure as 2 can live as cheaply as 1 then my living costs onboard would not be an issue (and anyway it seems rude to ruin the start of a freindship by bringing money into the equation). Of course I would be only too happy to share some costs. Say, like buying the odd beer ashore.

Obviously whilst onboard I am willing to help out. a bit. and even to share watchkeeping (as long as I get my full 10 hours - from 11pm). I don't have any special dietary requirements, you can pretty much cook what you want for me. But I do like my bacon crispy. am also keen on fresh bread every day, but this is not a deal breaker - every other day would be fine. I won't bring too many bags onboard either, so won't add too much onto your laundry time.

As I said, am not after a relationship - treat me as more of an onboard guest. But if things do turn into a "Captain with benefits" arrangement we can deal with that when the time comes.

Now I appreciate that some of the fellas on CF.com may try and derail this thread with "helpful" comments But can I ask for none of the usual sexist nonsense that these sorts of threads attract. thankyou.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 15:58   #2

Boat: Privilege 37
David, You forgot to mention that the woman should also own a liquor store. Good Luck.
Old 24-06-2009, 16:00   #3

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha David,
Sounds like a reasonable offer on your part and I think you'll be getting a lot of PM responses. All it takes is one positive, right?
You might want to fill in a few missing spots on your resume, i. e. favorite programs on the tele.
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 16:07   #4

Boat: Lancer 44 Motorsailer
You forgot to mention the request for having a satellite TV reciever on board with a complete Sports package subscription and a minimum 37 in. HDTV LCD flat screen. Otherwise I think you had it well covered. If you get too many offers you can pass one on to me. LOL
Old 24-06-2009, 16:21   #5

Boat: Islander 30
I read this at a time when I needed a laugh. Solid.

Thanks, David Old Jersey
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 16:30   #6
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
Sounds like a reasonable offer on your part and I think you'll be getting a lot of PM responses. All it takes is one positive, right?
I am looking forward to checking my PM's this week
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 18:57   #7

This reminds me of the time when I sailed into English Harbor with a couple of German gals who wanted to sail hitch hike through the islands. Language problems and no help with the boat... So I come along the slipway for water, fuel and a tie up to clear in and the Germans sat around looking... pretty.

I arrive at the office to clear in across the way and I am in line and a woman comes up and chats me about how the gals sat there and did nothing when I came along side. She thought they were slackers and was impressed by my docking and asked me in the next breath if I would sail her boat to the Canaries. HA? What boat? She points to a Swedish boat stern to and says she's got to get it and her back to Gran Canaria as she and her ex split the boat 50 - 50 and she wants it to be with her in the Canaries.

She wasn't much of a sailor, but a nice gal so I helped her get her boat ready for the crossing and found her a captain... and two months later off she sailed.

Dave, that coulda been your gal with a boat and a dream.
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 19:03   #8

Boat: Catalina 34 - "Points North"
Best laugh today. Priceless.

Good luck!
Old 24-06-2009, 19:29   #9

Boat: Columbia 8.7 As You Wish III
But Commander she said it was her boat. She lost her keys and just needed to get to St Kitts. Well sure there was a lot of beer.
ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 21:46   #10

Boat: Farrier f27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Canuck View Post
Best laugh today. Priceless.

Good luck!
Second that!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 22:11   #11

Boat: Pearson Ariel 264
Would also help if she is an expert in rigging, diesel engines, 12v systems, and of loose moral standards and has a twin!
Old 24-06-2009, 22:45   #12

Boat: Freedom Express 39 - Attitudes
David,
You must be a closet Aussie!!
Cya
Old 24-06-2009, 23:54   #13

Boat: Dreaming

"Captain with benefits"?
Are you up to it?

Ha!
Old 25-06-2009, 01:34   #14
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
You are in luck David; there is this one woman I have heard about with her own sailboat who has recently been considering taking on a mate.

I understand the boat is well founded; she is a capable master with particular proficiency in knot work and keeping her tools sharpened.

Those that know her say she is personable, intelligent, possessing a determined mind set.

Apparently after an unpleasant matrimonial incident that made the headlines, she went to sea in her own sailboat and left her husband holding the short end of the stick.

If I remember correctly her married name was Bobbitt, but I understand she is a much changed person and you should have no trouble getting your 10 hours after 11pm.

PM me if you are interested.
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 01:56   #15

Boat: Buizen 48
Talking

Dear David

Prior to this post of yours, I simply assumed you were doing recreational drugs.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you might just find, you get what you need" -Mick & Keith
BlueSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
women