Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2009, 11:29   #31
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Norway View Post
I had been thinking of posting something like that, but in my case not tongue-in-cheek—assuming Dave’s is?
A light hearted riposte to some of the threads earlier this year from folk (of the female persuasion ) looking for fellas with boats - with no "strings" - whilst being a bit light on details of what they were bringing to the party in exchange for a free holiday......

If I were you would start my own thread, and if you ask the mods nicely I am sure they will help keep it tidy / on track .......and maybe even link it to your signature. As you say: don't ask: don't get

Failing that, always E-Bay
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 11:48   #32
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
I can accept the truth but I hate lies and evasion of responsibilities
Think John Wayne, Clint Eastwod, Harrison Ford etc.
Anjou, why would you settle for someone like the three you mentioned - they are, after all, only actors. The words that come out of their mouths on screen were almost all written by someone else, and their on-screen actions were almost all performed at the guidance of a Director. Off the silver screen, they're mere mortals.

The end result of the work they do (or did - RIP Duke Wayne) is the depiction of some "type" that you find appealing. Nothing wrong with that - it sells movie tickets.

But here you have David_Old_Jersey, a real man, with all the attributes you admire and already geographically handy!

Opportunities like this often come but once in a lifetime, if they appear at all! Act now, Anjou - get that boat you want and make DOJ an offer he can't refuse. Show Miss Bikini what a real woman can do!

TaoJones
Old 26-06-2009, 12:04   #33
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post

But here you have David_Old_Jersey, a real man, with all the attributes you admire and already geographically handy!

Opportunities like this often come but once in a lifetime, if they appear at all! Act now, Anjou - get that boat you want and make DOJ an offer he can't refuse. Show Miss Bikini what a real woman can do!
Wow! I've never been pimped before

Honesty? yeah, I can do that Onboard my boat diffferent rules apply I was thinking of using a locker for a dog, woman and boot (trunk) style test for anyone serious. Probably outside territorial waters for legal reasons
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 12:32   #34

Boat: hoping to buy a Hudson Venice model, 50 foot ketch, if I can find one that is?
When a woman advertises to meet a man with a boat, or to crew, it somehow sounds OK. But if a man asks to meet a woman with a boat, then it’s a little unusual. I expect there are not many ladies alone with boats, but I bet they also have a problem trying to find male help to sail oceans, and especially with finances. I hoped by now to buy a big sailboat to live on and travel, which then maybe would lead to finding a partner in due course. I still work towards this, but at the moment, because of my investments declining I cannot do it yet. So I thought, why not try the other way round? Ask for a female with a boat, then after meeting, maybe make some arrangement which suits both.
Dave, I made a posting for this before, but had not replies, so maybe it’s not possible in real life, only by chance meeting.
But then, look at the number of people who have opened the posting, nearly 1000 in only one day! What does this say? One thing for sure, it's a very humorous posting and that's good, but I must leave now because it's something more serious for me.
Jan Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 12:46   #35

Boat: Gullfstar 50
I am not sure whether people are checking out this thread for a bit of levity or just curious if DOJ has any success in his quest. In looking at the crew positions available/wanted, it would seem that there are many available options for the motivated sailor. It could be that DOJ's qualifications and requirements for a suitable position are a bit too stringent to accommodate. I would think that a female owner/sailor would have little trouble attracting a crew. But, then again, them’s some mighty close quarters for the wrong match. And for an example of this problem I link you to the following entitled ‘Are all women born this way?’

Are women born this way? - Snotr
Dune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 12:49   #36

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Fantasy Land.

Good luck.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 12:54   #37

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Fantasy Land.

Good luck.
Sure, in the real world its so different but a girl can but dream and its a good point to aim for.

We all know how much society standards have slipped over the past 30 years and men certainly arnt what they used to be. Sadly
Old 26-06-2009, 13:18   #38

never mind!
Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 14:42   #39
jkd

Quote:
I can accept the truth but I hate lies and evasion of responsibilities
I've been told Im just like Harrison Ford's.......... gardner. Does that count?
jkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 14:43   #40

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Sure, in the real world its so different but a girl can but dream and its a good point to aim for.

We all know how much society standards have slipped over the past 30 years and men certainly arnt what they used to be. Sadly

The more I age and the more I read and learn the more I realize that Man (men, women, children) have not changed at all. They are exactly what they used to be. The history books and glowing screen only give snippets. The ones most want to see so things look pretty good. This current dominant species here now has not changed at all. Sure, we have different toys and live longer (in developed areas) but real changes........not in my opinion.

What seems to be in the eyes of those that think "men" (or in my case, "women") have changed is what they dreamed of and the longer they look the less they see that they like. Weelllllll...... Few have or get it all, very, very few.
Old 26-06-2009, 15:35   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkd View Post
I've been told Im just like Harrison Ford's.......... gardner. Does that count?
I can dig it.
Old 26-06-2009, 15:54   #42
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Harrison Ford is passionate about flying, and owns a DeHavilland Beaver - de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - which he'd parked on the ramp at a small airport one day while he and some of his buddies were inside the nearby cafe having lunch. Another pilot came in, looked around the room, spotted Ford, and approached his table. The room grew quiet.

"She's beautiful, Mr. Ford . . . would you mind if I had a close look at your Beaver?" the pilot asked. No problem, he was told, go right ahead.

After he had gone back outside, Ford spoke softly, "Boy," and he paused, "Most pilots are just happy to look at my airplane," and the room exploded in laughter.

TaoJones
Old 26-06-2009, 19:24   #43
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
DOJ....perhaps after reading Tao's post you might consider adding:

"Willing to shave legs"....
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 22:19   #44

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post