Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2010, 07:48   #46

Boat: st francis 44 mk II catamaran
Hmmmm, I just paged through the blog and didn't see anyting weird, offensive, or different. Looked like a cruising blog. Period. What's the big whoop?

We went cruising when I was 27-28 (pre-blogs, digital photography, and all that. We were using Pocketmail -- oh yeah hi tech!) It was a blast. Then when we saw all of the kids out there (as in with their moms and dads) we said, "Hey let's go start a family and go again. Gearing up for round 2 now with a 6 year old living aboard and one little one in the oven.

Truly, I don't even see why this is worth discussing. If you like the blog, read it. If you don't, then don't. Why is that so hard?

cheers
(Schoonerdog's wife Cindy)
schoonerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 08:41   #47
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonerdog View Post
Truly, I don't even see why this is worth discussing. If you like the blog, read it. If you don't, then don't. Why is that so hard?

cheers
That pretty much sums it up. Can one of the mods close this one now.
off-the-grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 09:00   #48

Boat: 45'=not anymore
Send a message via Skype™ to xxuxx
Time for a XXUXX response!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonerdog View Post
Hmmmm, I just paged through the blog and didn't see anyting weird, offensive, or different. Looked like a cruising blog. Period. What's the big whoop?

We went cruising when I was 27-28 (pre-blogs, digital photography, and all that. We were using Pocketmail -- oh yeah hi tech!) It was a blast. Then when we saw all of the kids out there (as in with their moms and dads) we said, "Hey let's go start a family and go again. Gearing up for round 2 now with a 6 year old living aboard and one little one in the oven.

cheers
Once more I agree with schooner dog and his wife!!

But to add, one doesn't need to have a "giving back to the world" blog to be interesting or accepted. There are too many pontificating and judgemental "ole farts" here. The fact is every blog is different, even if it is different by a color description or an adjective, it is Different. I say leave the blogs alone and let us enjoy. IMHO
xxuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 09:01   #49

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
What got me was it was the way they spammed the site with half a dozen posts all basically hyping their blog. You want to go cruising, go! No need to spam all the cruising sites. There are thousands of couples out there cruising, young and old. Big deal. If you want to see hard bodies cruising there's lots of pics on Latts & Atts.
Old 31-07-2010, 09:13   #50
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
The bottom line should be what will happen when they are out there and the S* hits the fan. And believe me, its not IF but when. There will deciding moments when ordering online won't be an option, and they will need to think for themselves. Nature will not care a "hooter" about photoshop or blogs or water makers or whether you are buff or not.

True, they could travel the blaze comfortable RTW path and be quite comfortable, but my bet is that won't totally happen...unless they have a chase boat and helicopters dropping Fedex packages to them.

So, until we see them out there...there isn't much more to say or speculate about their blog and euro-spam. just let it be.
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 09:45   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
The bottom line should be what will happen when they are out there and the S* hits the fan. And believe me, its not IF but when. There will deciding moments when ordering online won't be an option, and they will need to think for themselves. Nature will not care a "hooter" about photoshop or blogs or water makers or whether you are buff or not.

True, they could travel the blaze comfortable RTW path and be quite comfortable, but my bet is that won't totally happen...unless they have a chase boat and helicopters dropping Fedex packages to them.

So, until we see them out there...there isn't much more to say or speculate about their blog and euro-spam. just let it be.
What are you smoking? All the information is available on their website. why do you feel offended to write such crap?
The World Tour - Alex and Taru sailing around the world - Hallberg Rassy 352: ABOUT US

The guy (Alex) has been sailing since he was 6 and his qualifications according to the website are and I quote
"Alex has The Yacht Master Offshore license through Royal Yachting Association sailing school Puerto Portals."

accidents can happen to any sailor, expierenced or none. The skipper obviously has expierence and has more than enough training to undertake such a journey. Anybody who knows a bit about sailing around the world knows they choose a damn good boat to do it in, so they really are not a bunch of amateurs.

They have found a means and way suitable for them to go cruising and enjoy life on their terms. What is the issue here? More power to them.
Sebastian_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 09:55   #52

Boat: PETERSON 44
Am I missing something. Looks like a couple in Bacelona are going cruising,working on their boat eating well and have a blog. I have a facebook thing that links my location to a google map. Some people like to know where I am others dont care.
Im puzzled by what the big deal is.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 10:44   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Am I missing something. Looks like a couple in Bacelona are going cruising,working on their boat eating well and have a blog. I have a facebook thing that links my location to a google map. Some people like to know where I am others dont care.
Im puzzled by what the big deal is.
It's these ole farts like Vasco and salty monkey....nay sayers, don't add anything to the forum except pontificate and pass judegement. I say let's string 'em up.....form a lynch mob!!! Arghhhhhhhhh!!
Old 31-07-2010, 11:09   #54

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
xxuxx,

I think you miss the point. I don't like spammers and these folks spammed the site. You might not realize it but the mods deleted their multiple posts. Just one question, why would they spam this site?
Old 31-07-2010, 11:14   #55
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
... these folks spammed the site... ...the mods deleted their multiple posts. Just one question, why would they spam this site?
INDEED!
I’ll apologise for my suspicions, if they ever contribute anything worthwhile to this forum.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 11:15   #56
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_W View Post
The guy (Alex) has been sailing since he was 6 and his qualifications according to the website are and I quote
"Alex has The Yacht Master Offshore license through Royal Yachting Association sailing school Puerto Portals."
bfd. And what....Taru has nice jeans?? what? when she is left alone to her own defenses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_W View Post
accidents can happen to any sailor, expierenced or none. The skipper obviously has expierence and has more than enough training to undertake such a journey. Anybody who knows a bit about sailing around the world knows they choose a damn good boat to do it in, so they really are not a bunch of amateurs.
Dont care if they are well trained or not. Amatear or experienced. its how they respond when the SH* happens that will be telling. Not some stupid blog. And that was my point. So getting worked up over a blog is meaningless..or them

Get a grip. Please take a blue pill.
Old 31-07-2010, 11:23   #57

I shall rescind my statement

OK Vasco, I shall remain loyal to the forum. Someone get me a rope for the spammers!!!!
Old 31-07-2010, 11:37   #58
cruiser

Lets write the spam and blog content off to inexperience, and just see how they do.
Old 31-07-2010, 12:49   #59

Boat: Panda/Baba 40
IMO, another cruising blog, another self-aggrandizing banality.

Maybe there's something primal in it. Pack animals like to thump their chests and call attention to themselves. Maybe the "I" "my" "face" culture helps to mollify us, and is not really so bad (a niche for everyone to rule). In truth, it's just much shouting into the wind, so to speak... and that never hurt anybody.
anotherT34C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 12:54   #60
cruiser

wow anotherT34C! That was almost poetry! nice

Tags
round the world