Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 30-12-2012, 16:38   #196
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate Re: Woman, 28, Aboard a 35' Boat Sailing Around the World with Her Man

Thank the stars I'm not the average sailor (it seems).... bored the $*it outa me.... sorry..

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 16:39   #197

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35; Nordica 16
Re: Woman, 28, Aboard a 35' Boat Sailing Around the World with Her Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Well, I just asked out of curiosity. I have no real reason to think so but I wondered originally because the site seemed designed to be your average male sailor's wet dream.

Come on, I can't be the only person who wondered.

Why are you quite sure?
Well, I guess because I've been following them and reading the blog for a couple years, since they left Spain. Everything seems very real to me .. the problems, the photos, the places, etc. I remember when the HR was for sale and saw the commercial listing. I've also exchanged a few emails regarding some technical photography questions. They have posted here and on other sailing forums and they seem as real as anyone else out there cruising with a blog that I've never personally met.

Sure, its very sexy at times but I really enjoy her writing (yeah, right ... no, I can find sexy pictures anywhere) and they are very different from the average cruising blog which I find a refreshing change.

I did wonder if she would hang in there once they made that first crossing but she has so there you go.

Old 30-12-2012, 16:43   #198

Boat: Currently boatless

No problem. I was looking for a second opinion as I don't know KuparukGypsy and two "yep, I met them" seemed better than one.

Everyone on the internet isn't who they claim to be. Some "people" have two accounts on the same forum. Internet trolls exist.

Doodles just gave some good reasons to believe they are real. Done for me.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 16:48   #199
Long Range Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Soooo...my first impression of the blog was that it was a fake. Anyone else? Anyone met these folks?
I met them!
I think, ok memory fade, it was St Lucia a year ago. I had read their blog previously and vomited .
But they were LOVELY people! Taru is a gem! She really doesn't need all the sex crap on their blog, it doesn't factor nicely for her or her man, but then they are of that Twatter, Facebook, Look at ME crowd. It's Big Brother by sail and they are trying to make a sale to keep on going.
But inside, or is it outside, the crap are two lovely people.

They will be fine once they are the age of the rest of the cruisers.

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 17:11   #200

Sometimes it is easier to actually do something rather than cheat, lie, or fake it.

I like the 'sex crap' on their blog. It is real life, and for people our age it is nice to know that you can do this.
Old 30-12-2012, 20:40   #201

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35; Nordica 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post

They will be fine once they are the age of the rest of the cruisers.

Mark
I imagine by then they will have moved on to something else. :-). They don't seem like the lifelong cruiser type.
Old 30-12-2012, 22:26   #202

I just went through their website and I'd have to say it's well laid out, very nice pictures. Being a 37 y/o male it was rather weird for myself. Taru is extremely well hott.... as is my wife as well and I wouldn't be ashamed or weirded if we had a sight like that as I don't mind who "looks" at my significant other. I'm at work, but when I get home I may show my wife the website and see if we can do something.

I cant speak for fellow man or woman only myself. Like I said wonderful website nothing wrong with it, but personally I'd have the site separated more. I love looking at beautiful people, but I also love boats and both together on the same page is well weird to me. I pound the internet about boating 95% of the time. Other is news/email. If I feel the need for beautiful people there are sights for that. But once I read their history and especially Taru who seems to design and do the website due to her past and knowlege of that and fashion it seems exactly like someone with her background would do. But for me it was still weird b/c I'd prefer less sex with my boating.. Holy shneikies did I just say that????

Obviously I'm having a hard time putting into words my thoughts so :

website: gorgeous! sexy! great photography (some camera issues on some pics) but hey it's a lifetime curve with taking pictures. millions of times better now with the delete button and no developing film. I'd of had the "sexy" on a page or pages of it's own. And pages for guys like me who want to see bilges instead of breasts and butts But absolutley no reason to get rid of a post!!!

Taru and Alex: Great couple on an amazing jouney few do, but many dream of doing so Kudos! Wish you to the best of life and safety!!!!
Old 30-12-2012, 23:39   #203

Boat: Looking...

I simply do not understand all the puritanical cant from so many people in this thread. No big secret - Women are constantly on men's minds. Read the thread about the perfect boat woman or the other one about how difficult it is to date while living on a boat. Part of the dream of sailing to the islands, watching the palms wave, downing a yummy rum drink, and feeling the caress of the tropical sun includes a fine looking woman with whom to share the experience. Hopefully she looks as good in a bikini as our 28 y/o on her 35 foot boat.....

One reason I love their creation is that it reminds me of the best parts of the cruising dream, and reinforces my desire to get back there and do it again. The tales of grubbing in the bilges under a windless, pitilessly hot day trying to repair a recalcitrant bit of gear are realistic. They just don't have the same sizzle, as the ad guys say. And they sure don't sell the product as well!
Old 31-12-2012, 02:22   #204

Went through alot of the site and it is what it is, a womans view and site. All the talk about a new boat and all the work,,,, I couldn't find a section with pics, discussions, advice on what worked/what didn't. Why this was picked, why that needed work. Things you didn't find initially before purchase, etc...

More of an advertisement blog than a sailors blog. Not that it's a bad thing, just not something I'm interested in, my wife maybe, me not so much. Curious if the blog funds you guys a bunch. If it does than more wind power for ya!
Old 31-12-2012, 05:26   #205
Nearly an old salt

Cruisers Forum Supporter

There is boats and sailing in that blog, hmmm I need to go back and look more closely

Dave
Old 31-12-2012, 10:25   #206

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

Quote:
Well, I just asked out of curiosity. I have no real reason to think so but I wondered originally because the site seemed designed to be your average male sailor's wet dream.

Come on, I can't be the only person who wondered.

Why are you quite sure?
That was also my first impression, but that just raised my appreciation for it once I realized that it was in fact real, yet seemed surreal. They are my role models for sexy, stylish global living.

Tags
round the world

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: