Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 21-09-2010, 13:50   #151

I'm a fan of the cooking...

Old 26-09-2010, 16:07   #152

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 352
Hey again,

I would like to ask you out there for an advice and this has nothing to do with the previous conversation....
We're looking for installing a windwane on our boat and can't decide between Sailomat and Windpilot Pacific... Anyone having longer experience with any of these?

Would be happy to get some insights. Thanks. (might have to post this in another thread as well?)
/Taru

Old 26-09-2010, 16:11   #153

Boat: 22' Avalon Pontoon - The WINE BARge
Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldtour201 View Post
Hey again,

I would like to ask you out there for an advice and this has nothing to do with the previous conversation....
We're looking for installing a windwane on our boat and can't decide between Sailomat and Windpilot Pacific... Anyone having longer experience with any of these?

Would be happy to get some insights. Thanks. (might have to post this in another thread as well?)
/Taru
I would post it as a new thread. Good Luck.
Old 26-09-2010, 16:20   #154

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 352
Done! Thanks.
Old 26-09-2010, 18:16   #155
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to boatman61
pirate

Some really nice pic's there Taru... Just keep doing what your doing...
So what if your new to sailing... your having a go.... and you've got the balls to show it off to the world... ignore the self promotion crap... we all do it all time...lol
Your being 'yourself'... in the moment.... and its great..
I remember my own first boat and the adrenalin charge planning that first voyage... its gonna be really interesting to watch/read the subtle changes in you guys as the voyage progresses...
And speaking as an oft time singlehander who appreciates and admires good anchoring technique's.... "Nice swimsuits........ Dallas goes cruisin"
Makes a wonderfull and refreshing change from the usual baggy weather gear">foul weather gear......

Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 13:47   #156

Boat: 1964 Cheoy Lee Robb 35
I have been living aboard for about 2 years now. My dad actually sent me a link to Taru's blog and I have been following it ever since. Her blog has inspired me to actively start planning my own circumnavigation. Her blog showed me that just because you are cruising doesn't mean you have to give up the things you enjoy.

I have started my own blog (for family, friends, or whoever is interested) that will chronicle the next year of planning. Then, obviously, it will follow my journey once we leave. I am 25, my boyfriend is 26 and I think Taru's blog is exactly what young people need to see that cruising life doesn't have to be all about Teva's and comfortable pants.
Old 26-11-2010, 08:13   #157

Living your dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafina View Post
I have a few that I keep bookmarked, some because they are fun, some because they have a wealth of experience and information. Cruisers come in all flavours and I like sampling each one ; -)

Beth & Evans
Sarana At Sea
More progress on the dodger | S/V Hello Texas
Our Journey Around The Globe on the Good Ship Byamee
Our Life At Sea
Things That Work
Cruising and sailing Faq's and information
thanks for sharing these! I too gain great inspiration from the first hand accounts of people out there "doing it" !!!

Old 26-11-2010, 08:17   #158

here is another that I enjoy!

Bika's Blog: Night sailing
Old 17-10-2012, 12:08   #159

Re: Woman, 28, Aboard a 35' Boat Sailing Around the World with Her Man

I just came across your blog and have started to go thru it.

And found the link to *this* thread - and was immediately struck by the posts by some.

Makes me wonder - what it is today that makes people so amazingly critical (jealous?) of the way others are living and doing *their* thing that it brings out all this sour grapes and negativity?

So, you grew up differently - in a different timeframe - a different society perhaps. Why is it so hard to accept that people *are* different, enjoy different things, do things different than the average person was doing it 30 - 50 years ago? Things change, societies change.

Anyone heard of live and let live? It's a great idea. I live my life, you live yours and the only thing that's really important is that we are civil towards each other - and try to help when needed or asked for. Seems a lot of *that* has disappeared in the last 20 - 30 years - I find myself wonder why quite often.

Having an open mind can create wonders - give you a "new" lease on life - open new vistas.

I think what happened to Taru and Alex is lovely. They had the guts to dare to not only go sailing around the world - few do - but also believe in themselves and their love and respect for each other.

I salute you guys and wish you all the best and I (as an artist/photographer) enjoy you photography..=*^)

Realize what the negativity in this thread really is....=*^)

Christer
Old 17-10-2012, 12:47   #160
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

None of the above... Too 'look at me' maybe??

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 13:50   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
None of the above... Too 'look at me' maybe??
Interesting..=*^)

I think perhaps a lot of "older" folks aren't really comfortable - or understanding - that the "digital age" has irrevocably changed the way we communicate and that it is much more common to put ones 'life" out there - for all to see - for better and for worse...

And as witnessed in this thread - for some it is "for worse" and for some it is "for better"..=*^)

I think most of us who have at least basic knowledge of computers or digital like to share highlites of what happen to us with at least our friends - and maybe with those who seem to like the same things - like sailing/cruising.

To me, what *they* are seeing, doing, witnessing is the interesting part of their journey/blog - and I dare say also to the majority of those who come across their blog - be they old - or young...

I don't see it as in any way being narcissistic.

=*^)

Christer
Old 17-10-2012, 14:52   #162

I'm a huge fan of bumfuzzle.com and have been reading all the Pardey's books and really appreciate folks blogging about their experiences but Taru and Alex do nothing for me personally. They do seem narcissistic, I feel like they are trying to sell me something in every post - themselves, their friends hotels, jewellery, bathingsuits, lifestyle, etc... Each to his own but I'm not a fan. There is another blog, I can't remember the name now but they are two fitness instructors sailing a small catamaran and like Taru, I find the gratuitous photos of her in bathing suits a bit much. I'm sure the boys like it though!
Old 17-10-2012, 15:01   #163

Boat: 22' Westerly Nomad

I'm still waiting for The Omelet Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
Oh my god there is spam and adds stuff all over the side of my cruisers forum. And yeah I figured out how to not look at it. I dont look at it. Stay tuned cause Im about to get my own blog " Me and a younger women cruise somewhere while cooking omletts" The omlette cruise" which will feature fresh cut mushrooms green peppers and unborn chickens which will be beaten and then poured into a hot pan, Take that world cruise 2010. I hope that people wont be to offended.
Old 17-10-2012, 15:08   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminalcitygrl View Post
I'm a huge fan of bumfuzzle.com and have been reading all the Pardey's books and really appreciate folks blogging about their experiences but Taru and Alex do nothing for me personally. They do seem narcissistic, I feel like they are trying to sell me something in every post - themselves, their friends hotels, jewellery, bathingsuits, lifestyle, etc... Each to his own but I'm not a fan. There is another blog, I can't remember the name now but they are two fitness instructors sailing a small catamaran and like Taru, I find the gratuitous photos of her in bathing suits a bit much. I'm sure the boys like it though!
Ohhh, sex rears it's ugly? head...

=*^)

I have to admit - I do enjoy looking at my lovely wife in the slideshows I put together after each summer - and others too for that matter.

And strangely enough - so do our friends - both female *and* male ones - and some of them are in their 80's and 90's - weird, huh?.

I guess I should exorcise all the ones where we (both) are on the beach, on the boat and not fully clothed...

Christer
Old 17-10-2012, 15:36   #165

Hey, if you like other people ogling your wife and she's okay with it then don't let little old me expressing my opinion make you think twice about sharing your photos with people who want to see them. It's not my thing, that's all.

I'm quite comfortable with expressions of sex and sexuality, and I have personal opinions on what images I think art, fun, tacky, or demeaning but I'm no fan of censorship. As I said, each to their own. I can still rock a bikini but neither I nor my husband would feel comfortable sharing gratuitous bikini photos with family, friends or strangers. That's us. You feel differently, so do other people and that's cool. I was simply expressing MY opinion that I find that blog a little commercialized and exploitative for MY tastes.

Tags
round the world

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: