Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2012, 08:30   #31
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 650
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
I wouldn't count on that. Women sometimes have elephant like memories .
I have no doubt that she still remembers that conversation today. I also have no doubt that it had nothing to do with the break-up.

Are elephants, like women, able to remember every word of conversations that never actually occurred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Are you a closet Julia Robert's fan?
No, I'm not a closet Julia Roberts fan -- or an open Julia Roberts fan. Why do you ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Maybe there is some truth to baldness being associated with high testosterone levels .
That correlation is well established. I'm not sure the causality is understood yet but, with all the money being spent on research related to male pattern balding, I expect the causality probably is understood.
__________________

__________________
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 08:43   #32
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
......No, I'm not a closet Julia Roberts fan -- or an open Julia Roberts fan. Why do you ask?
'Curl up and dye' was the name of the hair salon in the Julia Roberts romance 'Runaway Bride'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
That correlation is well established. I'm not sure the causality is understood yet but, with all the money being spent on research related to male pattern balding, I expect the causality probably is understood.
No idea about research, I can only report on pure gut reaction here .
__________________

__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 08:46   #33
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,062
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMayo View Post
Read the ingredients in that stuff. It comes with application gloves, not just for keeping the die off your hands. Read the warnings on the box. Letting that stuff soak into your head, and then wondering where dementia disorders in later years come from. Big pharma making caustic chemical baths for the top of my head? Pass. My wife quit using the stuff years ago. It causes more grey, so you keep using the product.

snip.
As for dementia, search for dementia or Alzheimer's and aluminum. There is a known connection... Modern anti-perspirant deodorants contain aluminum along with chemicals that encourage that metal to absorb into the skin.

I found a class of deodorants that do not contain aluminum and work equally well in my experience. Search Amazon or the web for "deodorant stone". Here's a link to my review for one such product. Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pure Natural Deodorant Stick 4.25 Oz I have no affiliation other than as a satisfied customer. I think more people should know about this stuff.
__________________
SailFastTri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 08:47   #34
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 650
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
'Curl up and dye' was the name of the hair salon in the Julia Roberts romance 'Runaway Bride'.
... then it was copied from the Geena Davis film 'Earth Girls are Easy'.
__________________
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 08:51   #35
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
... then it was copied from the Geena Davis film 'Earth Girls are Easy'.
Must have been, haven't seen 'Earth Girls are Easy', but 'Runaway Bride' was made 11 years later!
Geena Davis fan then ?
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 08:59   #36
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 650
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Must have been, haven't seen 'Earth Girls are Easy', but 'Runaway Bride' was made 11 years later!
Geena Davis fan then ?
I can't really say I'm a Geena Davis fan either. If the choice were between Geena Davis and Julia Roberts, it would be up to my girlfriend to decide. I don't get involved in choosing our threesome partners and she has learned not to ask my opinion. I guess she would choose Geena Davis, but she sometimes surprises me.
__________________
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:06   #37
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I can't really say I'm a Geena Davis fan either. If the choice were between Geena Davis and Julia Roberts, it would be up to my girlfriend to decide. I don't get involved in choosing our threesome partners and she has learned not to ask my opinion. I guess she would choose Geena Davis, but she sometimes surprises me.
Well, I've led a very sheltered life and never had a threesome, but must say I would have to select the redhead over the brunette. Wouldn't want any confusion .
Laughing so hard here my hubbie is asking what is up LOL!
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:12   #38
cat herder, extreme blacksheep
 
zeehag's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: furycame alley , tropics, mexico for now
Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Posts: 17,777
Images: 56
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: When To Go Gray ...

dont do threesomes.

havent dyed my hair since i stopped frequenting marinas, and went from blondish to white with some grey...isnt a bad thing...easier to care for....dont have to match colors in places wherein there is no preference by loreal....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:12   #39
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 650
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Well, I've led a very sheltered life and never had a threesome, but must say I would have to select the redhead over the brunette. Wouldn't want any confusion .
I'm completely indifferent about things like hair colour. Men are biologically programmed to like something different (sow the wild oats) which is why in all cultures women tend to change their hair styles (and even colour) frequently, while men often keep their hair the same for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Laughing so hard here my hubbie is asking what is up LOL!
Bring home another woman (one you fancy) for his birthday and he'll never, ever leave you. Don't worry at all about his taste in women. It's the thought that counts.
__________________
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:23   #40
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I'm completely indifferent about things like hair colour. Men are biologically programmed to like something different (sow the wild oats) which is why in all cultures women tend to change their hair styles (and even colour) frequently, while men often keep their hair the same for decades.
Really? Do you suggest I go blonde next hair colour? Wouldn't want to have my better half bored LOL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Bring home another woman (one you fancy) for his birthday and he'll never, ever leave you. Don't worry at all about his taste in women. It's the thought that counts.
After 33 years together and only a handful of nights apart in that time, I doubt he would ever leave me .
PS He would never ever find another female who antifouls or cooks better than I do or ...... (well, modesty restricts me in giving more details LOL), so I think my future is secure regardless
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:26   #41
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 650
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Really? Do you suggest I go blonde next hair colour? Wouldn't want to have my better half bored LOL .
I don't recommend chemicals -- especially bleach. Changing the length, braiding, up or down, ponytail, etc. are, in my opinion, better options for "keeping it fresh" as it were.
__________________
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:32   #42
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
I don't recommend chemicals. Changing the length, braiding, up or down, ponytail, etc. are, in my opinion, better options for "keeping it fresh" as it were.
I can think of better options than hair style for variety .
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:39   #43
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 650
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
I can think of better options than hair style for variety .
Very good. I know better than to ask whether or not any of them involve the trident in the emoticon you chose.
__________________
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:44   #44
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,819
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Very good. I know better than to ask whether or not any of them involve the trident in the emoticon you chose.
Hmmm, no of course I can't give any details here. Thirteen year olds are accepted as forum members. I wouldn't want to be responsible for hastening their education .
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 09:52   #45
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 650
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Hmmm, no of course I can't give any details here. Thirteen year olds are accepted as forum members. I wouldn't want to be responsible for hastening their education .
Yes, it's amazing how far modern society has extended childhood and irresponsibility. My grandfather served as ship's wireless officer in WWI at age 12. During the War of 1812, David Farragut commanded a captured ship-of-the-line at age 12. Francis Drake went to sea at age 10.
__________________

__________________
mcarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.