Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2013, 13:42   #181
Moderator Emeritus
 
Coops's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NSW.Australia
Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Posts: 9,550
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Ahem ... Coops, this is a married woman who drinks high dollar single malt aboard an alum mega yacht. I'm thinking she is well cared-for and loving it in the Greek isles. Steady as you go, skipper.

OOOPS! Best do a bit of grovelling here then. Forget the fruit and dessert thing SWL, I wouldn't fancy you in anyway no matter what kind of condiments and delicacies you enveloped yourself in. I would never wear pink and I think your husband is the best bloke on earth and he deserves you, and if you ever go grey you must leave him, but not before finding him a younger and more blonderer replacement for yourself.

Sneaks away looking for some single and poor grey haired crone dressed in a beige cardy who pees down the sink.

PS Thanks for the warning Crabby (Do you think that I saved it?)

Coops.
__________________

__________________
When somebody told me that I was delusional, I almost fell off of my unicorn.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 14:10   #182
Registered User
 
SmartMove's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cruising the Eastern Caribbean
Boat: Beneteau 473
Posts: 779
Images: 1
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
LOL Carsten, you have the wrong end of the stick! I agree grey hair can look stunning on some women. When I get a full head of grey, I too will embrace it gracefully. Nothing is going to stop me from pampering the rest of me though regardless of how old I get. It's a lassie's prerogative .

By the way, wrinkles don't bother me an iota. Too much laugher, sunshine and plentiful years. I am either inwardly or outwardly denying my age. 52 and loving it . That label of "crone" only produces a grin. If this is crone age then bring it on LOL.

Colour has a huge impact on our lives though. I have never had a bad day wearing pink, you blokes should try it some time . I wouldn't be caught dead in brown, maroon, mustard and olive. Don't see why I should put up with wearing scrappy grey at the edges when I have a choice .
I agree, the wrinkles don't bother me for the same reasons, but color does (also) have a big impact on me! IMO, olive does suit me well -- blond, olive completion, green eyes. My favorite colors are orange and purple, but I like yellow and pink too. Most that know me are surprised that I like/wear yellow and pink -- I don't know why since I wear them a lot.

On the wrinkles part, like you Lassie, I'm not showing my age as much. It will eventually catch up with me, but I will wear each one proudly as it will tell the story of me -- but I might still be blond

Robyn
__________________

__________________
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 14:47   #183
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mackay,QLD, Australia
Boat: planning a approx 45ft cat
Posts: 3,651
Images: 3
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
LOL Carsten, you have the wrong end of the stick! I agree grey hair can look stunning on some women. When I get a full head of grey, I too will embrace it gracefully. Nothing is going to stop me from pampering the rest of me though regardless of how old I get. It's a lassie's prerogative .

By the way, wrinkles don't bother me an iota. Too much laugher, sunshine and plentiful years. I am either inwardly or outwardly denying my age. 52 and loving it . That label of "crone" only produces a grin. If this is crone age then bring it on LOL.

Colour has a huge impact on our lives though. I have never had a bad day wearing pink, you blokes should try it some time . I wouldn't be caught dead in brown, maroon, mustard and olive. Don't see why I should put up with wearing scrappy grey at the edges when I have a choice .
Didn't think Lassies liked to discuss their age let alone splash it all over the world internet.

That 52 reveal means the crone tag needs to be retracted as you are clearly in the prime/plateau of life. Freed now from child caring/raising, work and harassing the navigation threads, sailing the seven seas, definitely not crone.

Quite a way to go to reach the crone phase.
__________________
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 14:54   #184
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cayuga Lake NY - or on the boat somewhere south of there
Boat: Caliber 40
Posts: 1,096
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Many of us guys like factory original equipment on our women. Not just the hair. All of it. Just saying.
__________________
sck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 15:42   #185
Registered User
 
Blue Crab's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hurricane Highway
Boat: Cal 29
Posts: 3,882
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post
Didn't think Lassies liked to discuss their age let alone splash it all over the world internet.

That 52 reveal means the crone tag needs to be retracted as you are clearly in the prime/plateau of life. Freed now from child caring/raising, work and harassing the navigation threads, sailing the seven seas, definitely not crone.

Quite a way to go to reach the crone phase.
Quite right. That 3 stages of women is old hat now that we all live so long. I wish I'd thought about that more critically. Maybe it's more like four stages:

Girls
Gals
Goddesses*
Grande Dames




*Coops- watch and learn
__________________
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 15:53   #186
cat herder, extreme blacksheep
 
zeehag's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: furycame alley , tropics, mexico for now
Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Posts: 17,767
Images: 56
Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Quite right. That 3 stages of women is old hat now that we all live so long. I wish I'd thought about that more critically. Maybe it's more like four stages:

Girls
Gals
Goddesses*
Grande Dames




*Coops- watch and learn

well said....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 16:26   #187
Moderator Emeritus
 
Coops's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NSW.Australia
Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Posts: 9,550
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Quite right. That 3 stages of women is old hat now that we all live so long. I wish I'd thought about that more critically. Maybe it's more like four stages:

Girls
Gals
Goddesses*
Grande Dames




*Coops- watch and learn
Little Grasshopper to master, you wise beyond your ears. Between them however, is much mushyness and fawning.

Coops.
__________________
When somebody told me that I was delusional, I almost fell off of my unicorn.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 16:39   #188
Registered User
 
Blue Crab's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hurricane Highway
Boat: Cal 29
Posts: 3,882
pirate Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
Little Grasshopper to master, you wise beyond your ears. Between them however, is much mushyness and fawning.

Coops.
Muscles and macho is more like it.
__________________
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 17:26   #189
Armchair Bucketeer
 
David_Old_Jersey's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,013
Images: 4
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
I note too the comments about DOJ's opinions. He has always got them to be sure. Don't you all get the feeling that David is an incredible slacker? Apparently he made a killing in import/export in a previous life he has alluded to, and no longer has to be productive. So sure, he's clever ... he has time to lounge around in pubs all day and think stuff up. On that note, the funniest thing I have read on CF, bar none, was that chart DOJ created to "help" Boaty find Upside Down Land. I don't think stuff gets much better than that! Cheers Dave!
Partly right .

Oh, and I am intending to send that Chart off to Navionics - as part of their Crowd Sourcing efforts. Either that or launch my own range of charts.........
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 19:49   #190
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,811
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
You sell yourself short SWL. I think you would be scrumptious in those two. But you would be absolutely delectable in strawberries and whipped cream.
Coops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Ahem ... Coops, this is a married woman who drinks high dollar single malt aboard an alum mega yacht. I'm thinking she is well cared-for and loving it in the Greek isles. Steady as you go, skipper.
Well, I am certainly well cared-for in the strawberries and cream department .

I must say I pull my weight otherwise. Lassies don't like to be totally dependent on any man .
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 20:20   #191
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,811
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
Forget the fruit and dessert thing SWL, I wouldn't fancy you in anyway no matter what kind of condiments and delicacies you enveloped yourself in.
Coops.
Hmmmm, is that a challenge Coops?
I am sure I could find Oops, I keep forgetting hubby may be reading this thread as well .
Made this mistake before. I had better behave
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 20:27   #192
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mackay,QLD, Australia
Boat: planning a approx 45ft cat
Posts: 3,651
Images: 3
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Quite right. That 3 stages of women is old hat now that we all live so long. I wish I'd thought about that more critically. Maybe it's more like four stages:

Girls
Gals
Goddesses*
Grande Dames




*Coops- watch and learn
Goddess fits much better than Crone.
__________________
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 20:29   #193
Registered User
 
SmartMove's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cruising the Eastern Caribbean
Boat: Beneteau 473
Posts: 779
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder View Post

Goddess fits much better than Crone.
Yeah, I am thinking so too.
__________________
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 22:43   #194
Moderator
 
carstenb's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3
Posts: 4,936
Images: 1
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Women are always goddesses. Ever since I discovered that there IS a difference between boys and girls (delectable difference, wrapped in strawberries and cream or not), they have, every single one been grecian goddesses
__________________
I spent most of my money on Booze, Broads and Boats. The rest I wasted - Elmore Leonard
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 22:57   #195
Moderator Emeritus
 
Coops's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NSW.Australia
Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator
Posts: 9,550
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Hmmmm, is that a challenge Coops?
I am sure I could find Oops, I keep forgetting hubby may be reading this thread as well .
Made this mistake before. I had better behave
I'm sure that you could too, but not saying it now that I am being polite and respectful.

Coops.
__________________

__________________
When somebody told me that I was delusional, I almost fell off of my unicorn.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.