Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2010, 09:39   #106

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood
While I was reading the paper ( a free one) I dont pay for crap. I realised that all the wars and troubles in the world have been started by MEN. Here's a thought lets sack all the top men and replace them with ladies. I mean when was the last time you saw 2 women having a punchup.
feelsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 10:06   #107

Location: Along the Manatee River in Southwest Florida. Little town called Ellenton.
Boat: 32 Hatteras and 26 foot former Navy Lifeboat
Talking

Yup! Works for me! Only thing is that they were ticked off at some woman and took it out on some other country. Know what I mean? A woman can tick you off like nothing else in the entire world. You're either Verrrrrry HAPPY or really ticked off. Grinnnnn!
White Feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 22:59   #108

Boat: Bristol 38.8
Real men want a boat that comes with a woman who doesn't shave anywhere but washes everywhere.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 12:45   #109
CLOD

Boat: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Real men want a boat that comes with a woman who doesn't shave anywhere but washes everywhere.

well that sounds like a cat, mine is hair all over and it licks itself everywhere to be clean

so finally this is what women think men want on a boat; a hairly licky cat!
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 14:23   #110

Location: Along the Manatee River in Southwest Florida. Little town called Ellenton.
? Okay Ladies, you know our thoughts on the question. You are supposed to be telling us what YOU think we want in a boat. Now don't forget, keep it simple so us men can read the words and try to understand. No real big words please! And please don't insinuate, hint or tell us "you know" and leave it at that. We really don't have a clue to what you are hinting or insinuating at. Really! Animal lust we understand but don't take for granted that we can cypher what you mean on our own. Thanks Ladies.
Old 26-03-2010, 15:16   #111

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Confusion? Yep

My wife has no cruising experience. I have always messed about in boats. We got our current boat last fall. It was in need of some systems R&R that were of particular importance to her. (Non blinking items) Soooo- rather than rushing to the dock to make my escape I set about an extensive female friendly refit. Now, she thinks all the attention to the boat symbolizes something other than fixing things so she will come along and be there for all the really cool stuff to see and do. The type of stuff she wants to do is fine with me. I can do all that cold and wet uncomfortable stuff with my sons (or by myself). She has not yet tumbled to the concept that what I want regarding the boat is HER in it.

What do women think men want in a boat?
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 16:02   #112

I thought it was pretty obvious about what we want in a boat. Our women! Why do you think we work so hard on these things? If it was just us and the boat we wouldn't bother with pretties and curtains, fitted sheets, working bathrooms, showers, fancy little drinking glasses. Hey, we'll jump in the water to wash off. We'll leave our clothes on if it's laundry day. The only reason we work is for YOU. That's all stuff for you Ladies. Why? Because we want you there with us. You will not be there if these things are not the way you want them. I can drink my favorite drink from a dirty coffee cup or peanutbutter jar. What do I need with wine and drink glasses on a rack? Give me the bottle of rum and I'll swig from that. We're crud, rude and not even housebroken. Go over the side, leeward not windward and don't forget to hold the rigging with your free hand.
Old 26-03-2010, 19:42   #113
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Around here you'd need a long draught of that rum if you'rre jumping over board to wash. Forget about cleaning your privates 'cause you won't be able to find them!

hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 03:08   #114

I don't do dark water. That's why I'm in south Florida. Check my album, no blackwater there.
Old 13-04-2010, 14:53   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelsgood View Post
I mean when was the last time you saw 2 women having a punchup.
Admittedly, it was longer than the last time I saw two guys, but that doesn't necessarily make it better. Some men, in my observation, will fight purely for the purpose of fighting: they don't necessarily have anything against the other guy, and may even be friends with him, but they feel like getting into a fight so they go find one. Sometimes they buy a beer for the guy they just punched, afterwards.

I have almost never seen this behavior in women. In any fight I've ever seen two women in, they did it with intent. They were in it to do harm, period, and were much more vicious.
dexwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 15:29   #116

Women would make good snipers. No hesitation and just plain mean and vicious when it comes to protecting thier children or menfolk. The most dangerous combination in the world, PMS, attitude and a gun. I heard a woman tell a man who thought he was going to bully her that, and I quote; "You have to lie down to sleep sooner or later." She didn't have to say any more. He got the point. Or would have had he pushed the issue. Nope, I'd rather fight a bobcat in a phonebooth with a rubber knife than tangle with a ticked off woman. Oh yeah, "phonebooth" That's where phones used to be and where Superman changed into his supersuit the old days kiddies.
Old 13-04-2010, 15:34   #117

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember fender skirts, suicide knobs, curb feelers, ratfink and continental style rear bumpers and a lot more. Phone booths are in there somewhere too.
Old 30-04-2010, 13:24   #118
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

What he REALLY wants...

What he wants me to think he wants on the boat:

Name:   what he wants.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  3.9 KB

What he really wants on the boat:

Name:   water maker.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  3.4 KB
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:31   #119
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
I'd consider either one to be an improvement on my boats provisioning!

hummingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:53   #120
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaza Dana View Post
What he wants me to think he wants on the boat
I can see why. That's a nice mast support post she's made there
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men