Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2010, 14:51   #91

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Just remember fellas, a woman has the last word in any discussion.
Anything a man says after that is the start of an argument
Old 23-02-2010, 14:53   #92
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
So much fun! So many rash generalzations.

First statistics- you gotta be careful with 'em. Hiracer: "About 75% of all divorces in the U.S. are filed by women. By my math, that's a 3:1 ratio." [emphasis mine] That doesn't mean women cause the divorces.

And how do we know men haven't been involved in childcare from the beginning of our species. I don't think we do know, only how we behave today.

And the whole right brain-left brain thing has been debunked. Also discrete brain regions are very well insulated from each other. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to coordinate, either physically or mentally.

I say - let men look as much as they want. Just keep the response aimed at home!

As to boats? oh, I must have the wrong thread! LOL

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
flysci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 15:00   #93

Boat: a sailing boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post

Sara, its good to know someone has got (...) feet on the ground.
Not practical when out, sailing, though.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 15:06   #94
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:

I'm sure this is right! It's because we had long before that stopped listening. So when we say something we are in trouble because we are so far behind in the "discussion" that the rant gets directed toward us and a new agrument begins.

Now that I've given up on things related to boats this is strarting to be fun. There I said boat so now the mods wouldn't close the thread.
sailorboy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 15:14   #95

Boat: 36' custom steel
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
So much fun! So many rash generalzations.

First statistics- you gotta be careful with 'em. Hiracer: "About 75% of all divorces in the U.S. are filed by women. By my math, that's a 3:1 ratio." [emphasis mine] That doesn't mean women cause the divorces.

And how do we know men haven't been involved in childcare from the beginning of our species. I don't think we do know, only how we behave today.

And the whole right brain-left brain thing has been debunked. Also discrete brain regions are very well insulated from each other. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to coordinate, either physically or mentally.

I say - let men look as much as they want. Just keep the response aimed at home!

As to boats? oh, I must have the wrong thread! LOL

Margo
I never said anything about left-right brain, only where nerves physically connect to the brain. Doctors who study these things have definitely found electrical spillover. The brain does have electrical insulation, but it doesn't work perfectly.

As to who is causing divorces, men or women, good luck with that. My only point was that women file for divorce a whole lot more than men, and women seem extremely reluctant to talk about why that is.

Further, there is a large body of psychological data showing that women emotionally recover from divorce better and faster than men do. They seem better equiped for it.

Child care: DNA studies have shown that before modern history only a sliver of men fathered the vast majority of children. Basically, only a handful of men got all the available women to the exclusion of other men. It woud have been physically impossible for them to raise their children. The most notable example is Genghis Khan and his sons who literally fathered thousands of children, to the point where today 8% of Asia's entire populaton in that region owe their lineage to that small group of men.

Dating was different back then.

And even in recent history there have been aboriginals who have been studied and almost always women were largely responsible for childcare. Male involvement is a recent invention, one that I very much appreciate.
Old 23-02-2010, 15:15   #96

Boat: Skookum 53'
So where does that leave us left handers?
Old 23-02-2010, 15:20   #97

Quote:
I'm sorry; did you say something? I wasn't listening.

(Laugh; that was a joke, poking fun of the male stereotype.)
Old 23-02-2010, 15:23   #98

Boat: a sailing boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post

... "About 75% of all divorces in the U.S. are filed by women. (...)
Well, this may have to do with literacy level differences between men / women in the US.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 15:30   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Well, this may have to do with literacy level differences between men / women in the US.

b.
You know of course that women test out higher than men these days. At the college level they are kicking butts and taking names. Men are in the minority at college any more. And women get better grades, on average.
Old 23-02-2010, 15:37   #100

Boat: Skookum 53'
How can one study when there are all those women on campus to look at?
Old 23-02-2010, 15:46   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain58sailin View Post
How can one study when there are all those women on campus to look at?
You add beer and sports to the mix and it's a wonder any guy gets an education.
Old 24-03-2010, 19:32   #102

Location: Along the Manatee River in Southwest Florida. Little town called Ellenton.
Boat: 32 Hatteras and 26 foot former Navy Lifeboat
Okay, It's really simple Ladies. Basically we men are easy to read. Nothing complicated or psycologically subliminal. Just show off naked in front of us, give us our favorite beverage and we are happy. When we are happy we want to make you very happy. Therefor we will jump through hoops, ring bells or whatever else you want to make you happy. When you are happy you will make us happy by the simple male mindset of seeing you naked with our favorite beverage which makes us so happy that we bend over backwards to make you happy. Our lady running around naked is what we want on our boats. My lady thinks, like every other woman, that she is less than perfect and used to feel embarrased. Once she realized that she will always be the beautiful, sexy lady I married it changed her confidense to a more positive one. So that's it. We all want to see you naked with our favorite drink and we do whatever you want. Yeah, we're just mindless animals and simple to train if you remember the secret. Have a happy day!
White Feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 19:39   #103

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
That's pretty much the naked truth alright

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 21:26   #104
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
I cannot believe I actually read this thread.

I have met more women who know how the boat operates....while the men like the whirring whiz-bangs, the beeping blatherers, the flashing fiascomakers.

I find women can generally keep a truer course whether wheel or tiller.

I have found the perfect woman for me......we are good friends, great singer, teacher, well read/conversationalist and has that fresh scrubbed, no-makeup
beauty........Unfortunately she's.........
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 05:09   #105

Location: Along the Manatee River in Southwest Florida. Little town called Ellenton.
Boat: 32 Hatteras and 26 foot former Navy Lifeboat
"Keep a truer course"??? You don't know my wife. Telling her to "Just keep it in the middle" can run you aground on our boat. Traveling down the ICW on her first trip I had to go below. I showed her how to watch the GPS and said, "it's simple, just watch for other boats and keep it in the middle of the canal." I went below to fix a sandwich, about 5 minutes. I was standing in the galley when all of a sudded I looked up and saw a marker go by so close I could have touched it had the porthole been open. It was the wrong color to be on that side. I run up on deck and saw leaves falling. When I looked up the mast was slapping the trees and debris was falling on deck. Her excuse for leaving the channel? You aren't going to believe this. She said, "It LOOKED deeper over on that side." We drew 6 1/2 feet and it was NOT deeper over there. She has since learned a lot and can finally be trusted to handle the boat. That was her first trip down the ICW. After that I wouldn't take my eyes off of her. Mostly because she was usually running around naked carrying a Morgan & Coke asking if there was ANYTHING else I wanted. Wahooooo! Okay, you can drive....

She now sort of listens a little bit but still likes to remind me that when we got married she had the preacher leave out the word "obey" and constantly reminds me of it.
White Feather is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men