As a statuesque Italian blonde with a pair of very firm large D cups, my ex-wife loved sexism. She would cup them and say, "With these, I can rule
When we went to a bar, she went up to get the drinks, because the bartenders would ask her what she wanted to drink while she was still 5 ft from the bar, as opposed to me standing there for 5 minutes unable to get his attention. She was unaware that doors didn't get opened for everyone, everywhere they go. I'd let her handle the maitre d', or the concierge, desk clerk, valet, travel agent, everyone - because she invariably got special treatment.
We routinely got free hotel
room upgrades, free perks at resorts, discounts on a lot of stuff - it was like being a celebrity without all of the paparazzi hassle. She would be the last one to want to mix up a batch of resin or epoxy
, she'd let some hopeful guy do the job for her, hoping to get lucky. If she needed car repairs
, the mechanic
would offer to do the job on the side for her for half price
She has vacationed in just about every great place there is, scuba
dives in a lot of exotic locales, snow skis everywhere, and she has a large group of "friends" who take her to all of these places at their expense, in exchange for her "company".
We're no longer married, I don't tolerate that sort of arrangement, but it gave me a glimpse into a different world, where people don't do anything for themselves, everyone is always offering to do it for them not because they think they are incapable but because they just want to be in her life, for a chance to score. She never complained about the attention, she took it at face value and used it to her advantage.
Reminds me of the photo
of a bunch of ugly women protesting sexism outside of a Hooters Restaurant, meanwhile the well developed ladies inside are making killer tips!
There are all kinds of isms. As I've gotten older and heavier, I'm starting to experience ageism and fatism. Believe me, everyone - especially women - are superficial. I remember back when I was 18 or 19 a buddy and I hung out together. We would meet women everywhere - the beach, grocery stores, parking lots, basically anywhere - and they
always struck up the conversation.
I'm not bragging, just pointing out that the world is full of isms, and some of them are programmed into us at the biological level. 10% of the population gets attention from the other 90% due to their attractiveness. Even babies gravitate towards better looking people, and they're too young to have been affected by societal norms.
As an old white man, I can tell you from experience that stereotypes came about because they are true more often than not. That's how they started, that's how they get perpetuated. Sure there are exceptions to the rule
, that's why there are Bell curves, 80% of any given group falls within the center of the curve. Stand next to a tourist bus disgorging Japanese tourists some day, and count how many of them are NOT taking pictures! LOL