Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2011, 13:27   #151

Boat: Islander 33 - 1966 flat top
Re: Sex Afloat . . . Give it to Me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobi View Post
ok calm down girls I just want your opinion on the matter...first let me say why I ask this question...my girlfriend says she can spot a good lover simply on his bed choice...according to her spring mattreses are a dead indication of a good lover...
Totally disagree w/ your GF. I spot good lover by how he MOVES. Mattress means nothing. Good lovin' not always on bed (but CLEAN SHEETS help!). 1st boat, we removed head and did business in bucket to make v-berth better for couple.
New (to us) boat is bigger so we can keep head. YAY! We removed the cabin door to enlarge v-berth. He is fixing v-berth right now so we can be together in romantic, comfortable bed. Make larger the v-berth and have clean sheets ... I think your GF will be very happy. Don't need spring mattress on boat b/c ocean has momentum hahaha.
NatKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 14:08   #152

Boat: Bristol Channel Cutter, 28 ft, "Jolie Brise"
Re: Sex afloat...give it to me!!!!

Quote:
...she on the other hand fears that she may feel trapped on a boat...
My dear jobi, have you taken her anywhere on this boat of yours? She may feel trapped because she is thinking of how small the boat is inside. If you can get her to travel with you for a little while, she may stop feeling cooped up and actually begin to realize that it opens her horizons. I know that I get an expansive feeling when we're anchored in a quiet cove somewhere off the beaten path, not to mention sailing on the open ocean.

My husband gave me the greatest gift years ago, after a few years of weekending. I did not know whether I would like cruising. He enrolled me in an offshore sailing class going to the Bahamas from Florida. The best part was, he stayed home while I took the course (so he wouldn't influence my impressions, very important!). I remember the day we left Bimini to return to Florida. I looked East and said to myself, "Spain is over there!" It was the moment I realized that sailing was what I wanted to do more than anything else.

After that, the house felt cooped up, and the boat felt big.

Your gf is a student, so maybe she has summers off? Try to get some serious time and go to somewhere with some beautiful scenery. Put down the anchor early, cook her some great meals, and serve wine. Get off the boat every coupla days to tour or dine out. That's the psychology of making a boat feel large.
Skippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 17:57   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippa View Post
My dear jobi, have you taken her anywhere on this boat of yours? She may feel trapped because she is thinking of how small the boat is inside. If you can get her to travel with you for a little while, she may stop feeling cooped up and actually begin to realize that it opens her horizons. I know that I get an expansive feeling when we're anchored in a quiet cove somewhere off the beaten path, not to mention sailing on the open ocean.

My husband gave me the greatest gift years ago, after a few years of weekending. I did not know whether I would like cruising. He enrolled me in an offshore sailing class going to the Bahamas from Florida. The best part was, he stayed home while I took the course (so he wouldn't influence my impressions, very important!). I remember the day we left Bimini to return to Florida. I looked East and said to myself, "Spain is over there!" It was the moment I realized that sailing was what I wanted to do more than anything else.

Your gf is a student, so maybe she has summers off? Try to get some serious time and go to somewhere with some beautiful scenery. Put down the anchor early, cook her some great meals, and serve wine. Get off the boat every coupla days to tour or dine out. That's the psychology of making a boat feel large.
Thanks for sharing and good advise

we are leaving in a few weeks for the Azures...from trois riviere down the saint laurence across the atlantic to the azures...this will be are very first trip...I wanted to go alone but she insist on coming...this little voyage is my prelude to my next and goal Asia (the mollucans) I know that normaly thers a slow learning procesus...but we will skip this and get going.

rgds
otherthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 19:58   #154

Boat: Leopard Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippa View Post

WOW. That is it in a nutshell. Those who love sailing, see it as a one way ticket to the rest of the planet; those who don't, see it as a small box surrounded by water. What a difference perspective makes.
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 20:34   #155

I agree. It's the biggest backyard I've ever has. 
Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 14:32   #156

Boat: Bayfield29, 31loa bowsprit

How awesome that we can talk about this healthy fact of life! I...er... "enjoy" my sailboat Angel (she has a, uhm, tiller) and when my boyfriend found out, he really was turned on. Maybe I'm just weird or kinky, but incorporating my sailboat really spices things up...I'm just saying. YOu know- like adult toys and such...
When we cruise, he sails his own boat, but stays on mine during rest periods -mine's bigger and has a large sleeping area. For most of us ladies, sex happens when there's a clean, comfortable space to do it in.
Oh dear, I'm about brick red embarrassed by now...
s/vAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 14:44   #157

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/vAngel
How awesome that we can talk about this healthy fact of life! I...er... "enjoy" my sailboat Angel (she has a, uhm, tiller) and when my boyfriend found out, he really was turned on. Maybe I'm just weird or kinky, but incorporating my sailboat really spices things up...I'm just saying. YOu know- like adult toys and such...
When we cruise, he sails his own boat, but stays on mine during rest periods -mine's bigger and has a large sleeping area. For most of us ladies, sex happens when there's a clean, comfortable space to do it in.
Awesome. Seriously.
meburma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 15:08   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/vAngel View Post
ok il confess right here and now...you arent the only kinky girl in town...my girlfriend has specifique requierments in this regard...she clearly has expressed on the shape and hight of the new tiller I am building.

so I say bravo to you and all others...I know how hard it is to go out of our comfort zone when we talk about such a subject...I especialy aplaude the fact that this thread hasent slept out off hand
rgds
Old 14-05-2011, 15:10   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/vAngel
Got any pics?
LostAtSea2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 15:19   #160

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
ok il confess right here and now...you arent the only kinky girl in town...my girlfriend has specifique requierments in this regard...she clearly has expressed on the shape and hight of the new tiller I am building.

so I say bravo to you and all others...I know how hard it is to go out of our comfort zone when we talk about such a subject...I especialy aplaude the fact that this thread hasent slept out off hand
rgds
We need to edit the thread title to "Tiller as a sex toy" !

My imagination does runneth wild
avb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 17:14   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
We need to edit the thread title to "Tiller as a sex toy" !

My imagination does runneth wild

This thread is informative in many more ways...tillers are only part of it...hope no one post about anchor fun caus iam out
Old 14-05-2011, 17:20   #162

Boat: Boro Temptress 10.4 metres .

arghhhhhhhhh! I thought convincing my husband to buy a boat would lead to more sex... now he wants to stay close to, or better still, on shore for the foreseeable future , my dreams of sailing off into the sunset for warmer climes and 'hotter' times are getting colder . I must be doin' it wrong, tell me more about this tiller idea.
;-)
watergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 17:34   #163

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobi

This thread is informative in many more ways...tillers are only part of it...hope no one post about anchor fun caus iam out
As if the arguments about using your anchor one way or another weren't heated enough already!
meburma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 17:52   #164

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by watergypsy View Post
arghhhhhhhhh! I thought convincing my husband to buy a boat would lead to more sex... now he wants to stay close to, or better still, on shore for the foreseeable future , my dreams of sailing off into the sunset for warmer climes and 'hotter' times are getting colder . I must be doin' it wrong, tell me more about this tiller idea.
;-)

Yes, inquiring minds want to know if you utilize this with the motor running or not, and if it is running, what is the best RPM?
avb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 17:57   #165
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Sex Afloat . . . Give it to Me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Yes, inquiring minds want to know if you utilize this with the motor running or not, and if it is running, what is the best RPM?
Variable I would imagine... but then I'm not one to Rabbit on about things like this... bit racey for my puritanical mind..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote