Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 06:09   #106

Boat: CT54
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
- - Human females are always spouting off about wanting "honesty" and "truth" until - when they weigh 150kg ask a man-friend "Do you think I'm fat?" or a hundred versions of such things, some of which Mintypilot listed. Women cannot handle the "truth" any better than a man when he asks "Was that good for you, too?" Or, "is it big enough?"
- - So when it comes to man/woman, the woman is the one least able to deal with "reality." Talk about "issues" . . . For over 4 million years, men have been forced to learn to divert, obscure and lie to the human female in order to keep somewhat peaceful relations between the sexes. If men did not lie, humans would be like the "Dodo bird" - extinct due to no more procreational activity. Maybe the old original way of getting a mate with a nice cave and a sturdy club was better?
Please don't hold back on how you feel about women.
jackiepitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32   #107

Boat: grampian 26
Quote:
Nothing personal - but that "line" (underlined) is so old and worn out by every comedian, soap opera, and sexist female on this planet. And what the heck does the indefinite pronoun "it" refer to? Indefinite pronouns are just that, when somebody has no idea what they are referring to, they use the word "it." Cop out, plain and simple.
- - Maybe that is why men are from Mars and women are from Venus - the language used is different and rarely understood by the other.
- - Human females are always spouting off about wanting "honesty" and "truth" until - when they weigh 150kg ask a man-friend "Do you think I'm fat?" or a hundred versions of such things, some of which Mintypilot listed. Women cannot handle the "truth" any better than a man when he asks "Was that good for you, too?" Or, "is it big enough?"
- - So when it comes to man/woman, the woman is the one least able to deal with "reality." Talk about "issues" . . . For over 4 million years, men have been forced to learn to divert, obscure and lie to the human female in order to keep somewhat peaceful relations between the sexes. If men did not lie, humans would be like the "Dodo bird" - extinct due to no more procreational activity. Maybe the old original way of getting a mate with a nice cave and a sturdy club was better?
" Do you think I'm fat"? No dear I don't think your fat, You are fat! How far do you think an honest answer like that would get you? Man or woman it seems like we spend a lot of time pandering to each others insecurities just to keep the peace and the relationship either stalls or fizzles out. Honesty applied gently and with consideration can benefit both partners in a relationship. Applied with blunt force it only breeds anger and resentment and often times giving in is giving up. I think we could all benefit from a healthy dose of empathy and introspection when dealing with our chosen partners. I would say walk a mile in her shoes but I don't look good in high heels.
perchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:39   #108
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by perchance View Post
" Do you think I'm fat"? No dear I don't think your fat, You are fat! How far do you think an honest answer like that would get you?
No sex... and a salad diet....
Forever..??

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:52   #109

Quote:
And what the heck does the indefinite pronoun "it" refer to? Indefinite pronouns are just that, when somebody has no idea what they are referring to, they use the word "it."
I wish that people would bear that in mind when writing ANY prose.

Quote:
Maybe that is why men are from Mars and women are from Venus - the language used is different and rarely understood by the other.
Men and women have different desires, needs, drives and goals. One of the more interesting psychological studies I read on this very issue was the mental viewpoint of transexuals and how their views of the world altered under the various hormone regimes. Other studies have shown that as we age the levels of the main "sex" hormones (oestrogen and testosterone) fall and we become (in general) less judgmental and more tolerant. This is one reason why it is easier to shock your parents than your grandparents.

Quote:
Human females are always spouting off about wanting "honesty" and "truth" until - when they weigh 150kg ask a man-friend "Do you think I'm fat?"
When you then consider the general spectrum of human psychology another interesting thing comes to light. Look at the line below....

Autism ------------------------||------------------------- Schizophrenia

On that line most of us are clustered around the centre, but IN GENERAL men are spread out more to the left of the centre and IN GENERAL women are spread out to the right of the centre. Obviously members of both sexes can be found at either extreme - we are generalising here.

So what does this mean?

Well, in general, men display autistic traits such as attention to detail and reduced social interaction whereas women display more sensitivity about how others feel. A woman doesn't need you to tell her she's fat, she has enough little voices chipping away at her self-confidence without some bloke weighing in and shouting "Yo! Tubby!"

It doesn't take much to see that in many ways there is little overlap and common ground in the thinking processes used by either sex so it is not surprising that misunderstandings abound.
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:55   #110

Boat: Tartan 41 #68
Just stopped in to get out of the weather....think I'll go back out....
bob_77903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:02   #111

Boat: grampian 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
No sex... and a salad diet....
Forever..??
Nah,pork and beans and sardines on toast.
perchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:13   #112
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
lol.... fatis fat--means jeans dont button..LOl.. dont have to ask about tha tone--is obvious.lol--you guys just dont meet the right females-- you describe felames best.LOL
peacocking maes and felames go well together-- weather--is a good place to be today--we actually have asun break in the fog.
women who get sweaty and workhard often smell same as males to only witho tthe testosterone to throw around. LOL
human nature is human nature, no matter what your gender. lies are not a good basis for any relationship. i dont have a favorite food--someone says they do -- then mebbe i am not the cook for them. just give me a list of what you refuse to eat and i wont use that.-- cant base any part pf a relationship on any kind of lies. ye lie about one thing, you will lie when it comes to be very important. too many souls use fibs and alleged white lies to keep their allegedly significant other happy-- what if that isnt what makes that individual happy--all the build up of inconsistencies--isnt a relationship=-is a basis for deevorce. and the fibber wonders where did i go wrong..LOL 3 guesses, me nonfriend. ye didnt GROW APART -- the other just got tired of the untruth and inconsistency in the alleged relationship. doesntmatter if marriage or sailing partner or friend-- isnt a friendship if based on lies of any kind.
as far as mintys version of sykologee--aint so, big boy-- try REALLY learning psych 101..LOL dont fall asleep in class--might learn something. some men ar esilent--does not connote strength..connotes lack of communication skills.LOL
some women talk too much(for some men) noone is perfect-- but we can and do learn nicely from whom to remain distant....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:29   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
as far as mintys version of sykologee--aint so, big boy-- try REALLY learning psych 101..LOL dont fall asleep in class--might learn something. some men ar esilent--does not connote strength..connotes lack of communication skills.LOL
That's what I said Zee... us blokes tend to have poorer communication skills but are generally better at devoting our attention to a single task. Autistic children take these to extremes have have very little communication skills whilst often being very good at handling just one thing at a time. It's not a psychology 101 thing, one of my customers deals exclusively with autistic children and a lot of it has rubbed off since their business is within walking distance of ours. I see a lot of them.

Quote:
some women talk too much(for some men) noone is perfect-- but we can and do learn nicely from whom to remain distant....
All women talk too much.... I've got several of them here and they never shut up from dawn to dusk. It's jabber, jabber, jabber..... I would have thought that I'd be used to it by now but I'm not.

I guess I'm just a non-multitasking, uncommunative, non-social bloke and I'll go to my grave that way.

Sorry ladies.....
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:06   #114
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

[QUOTE=zeehag;576036]
women who get sweaty and workhard often smell same as males to only witho tthe testosterone to throw around. QUOTE]

I've obviouly been meeting the wrong women all my life...
Testesterone Levels have been Seriously Challenged.... mainly they seemed to be big beef eaters... is it the Steriods....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:10   #115
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
not fair comparing males to the autistic-- the autistic havent the choice whereas most males in general DO have the choice of learning communication skills....or being silent.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:24   #116
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
lol... women who get sweaty and workhard often smell same as males to only witho tthe testosterone to throw around ...
Not usually.

“... we smell because we sweat. It's not the sweat that smells; the bacteria on our skin that breaks down our sweat causes body odor. In a recent study, researchers in Switzerland found that samples taken from female armpits had different, higher, levels of a sulfur-containing compound than levels found in the sweat samples taken from male armpits: 5 milligrams in female sweat compared to 0.5 milligrams in male sweat [source: Troccaz]. The makeup of male and female sweat differs in the concentration of sulfur, and the more sulfur we have in our sweat, the stronger our body odor can be. But at least we aren't walking around smelling like rotten eggs. This study also found that women's body odor smells similar to onions or grapefruit while men smell more like stinky cheese ...”

More ➥ Discovery Health "Why do men smell different from women?"

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:56   #117
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
Maybe I was wrong when I started this thread.................maybe sailing women do have Issues after all
This in response to Zeehag's story is where.

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
flysci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 14:13   #118
CLOD

Boat: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
This in response to Zeehag's story is where.

Never responded to that, just the pages of posts. Look elsewhere to find a cause.
sailorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 10:08   #119

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR
Is it something wrong about high maintenance women?

Some of the posters used a phrase "high maintenance women".
I'm not so sure what they really mean...
But... is it something wrong about being "high maintenance women"?
Personally I think I do prefer the women taking the proper care of themselves... Does this mean "high maintenance"? If so, I'm all for it
Probably it is possible to call this lady
The World Tour - Alex and Taru sailing around the world - Hallberg Rassy 352
a "high maintenance woman"...
I don't think it will change much during the trip. It is the matter of attitude. And I really hope that it is not necessary to be "low maintenance" (woman or... man) to be a cruiser, is it???
DoubleWhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2010, 10:18   #120
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWhisky View Post
Some of the posters used a phrase "high maintenance women".
I'm not so sure what they really mean...
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote