Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 15:29   #91
CLOD

Boat: none

Maybe I was wrong when I started this thread.................maybe sailing women do have Issues after all
sailorboy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:27   #92
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
Maybe I was wrong when I started this thread.................maybe sailing women do have Issues after all
\every person has problems with liars and cheats and thieves--isnt just one grouping.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 18:30   #93
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Hi Zee,

So let me get this straight. This man, who has sailed with you often, instead of saying to you "I've changed my mind. I don't want to go on this trip with you", tells you that his back is broken and he needs surgery. So you'll feel all kinds of sympathy for him and not question him as to why he is backing out.

If that's the story, you are rightfully indignant!! And what's with some on this thread (Don Lucas) trying to tell you your anger means you have issues! This is me, shaking my head in disbelief.

You deserve better, all the way around. Seems some sailing men have issues.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
flysci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 18:50   #94

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Everyone has issues, even Jack Kornfield and the Dalai lama. I'm even a bit surprised at Gord's psychologizing.

btw, zee, I've been meaning to ask. If you don't get your boat issue resolved by Feb. and Mar., and you'd like to get out of the fog and get some sol I could use some crew for a few weeks to either get out to the islands off la paz or maybe do a cross over to the mainland. Of course, it's only fair to warn you you would be taking you life in your hands. I've only got about 8 days at sea with my new old full keeler. That is, when I get my boat issues addressed. I'll pm you later when I get it together. Right now I'm getting some stuff done but think I'm catching a slight case of manana.

I agree, deliberate liars are to be avoided. There are dispensations for certain diplomatic falsehoods, white lies. But then, people are trustworthy for what they are trustworthy for, not for an ideal I have in my head, and I've got a basket full of 'em. Let it go and find other crew. I once asked a beautiful powerful women why she was dating such a younger man, after she had just ended an affair with an older powerful charismatic man. She said the younger men didn't lie and the older ones did. I don't yet know quite what she meant but have an inkling.
Old 10-12-2010, 22:28   #95

margo--indignant--hell-i hurt like my soul was kicked in the balls to my chin. my world is upside down because i thought i could trust him to talk it out with me.. WRONG i was. oh well. only spent one year sailing with him,and the sea is full of fishies.
older men seem to want what they dont want--i dont understand it.....and some guys just dont get it anyway--LOL--but, then, i dont know how to pick'em--batting 1000 on that !
speakeasy--- would be fun!-- i need to get out out of sin diego-- prolly meet ye in la paz or some such there--i should have someone coming from sweden, but i wont know until i see the whites of his eyes, as it were...
right now playing in the sea sounds delightful. sounded delightful before now and after now also...sailing IS delightful!!! playing in sun is awesome as welll...
don-- we only have issues when we meet certain kinds of other folks who dont have much of a grip on reality.LOL

omg !! did i say all that out loud??!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 22:53   #96

Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot
Beyond a first date, I've never appreciated, admired, desired, or been involved with a high-maintenance woman. I am blessed.
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 23:31   #97

ye know, isnt just women who are high maintenance..LOL
Old 10-12-2010, 23:40   #98

Boat: Georgian 23 Whiskeyjack
All women, and men, have issues.
Sailors, regardless of gender, know how to solve them.
That is what separates us from the lower life forms... like SeaRay owners... and RVers.
bljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 00:01   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
That is what separates us from the lower life forms... like SeaRay owners... and RVers.
rofl--so true---excelsior!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 00:07   #100

Boat: Georgian 23 Whiskeyjack
*nods and tips his mug to zeehag*
bljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:07   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
\every person has problems with liars and cheats and thieves--isnt just one grouping.
Do you distinguish between types of lies or are all lies equally bad?

Example 1: Bloke has affair and lies to his wife (not you!)
Example 2: Bloke lies about something important to avoid hurting you
Example 3: Bloke lies about something unimportant to avoid hurting you
Example 4: Bloke lies about what his favourite food is
Example 5: Bloke "bigs" himself up to impress (still a type of lie)
Example 6: Bloke lies about past wild or shameful acts, but reformed 10 years ago and wants to forget and never discusses it

Of course, we could equally subsutitute "woman" for "bloke"...
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:07   #102

Boat: '72 Tanzer 28 "Her Idea"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
Too right...add jet skiers...
Old 11-12-2010, 04:38   #103

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
....and some guys just dont get it anyway--
- - we only have issues when we meet certain kinds of other folks who dont have much of a grip on reality. . .
Nothing personal - but that "line" (underlined) is so old and worn out by every comedian, soap opera, and sexist female on this planet. And what the heck does the indefinite pronoun "it" refer to? Indefinite pronouns are just that, when somebody has no idea what they are referring to, they use the word "it." Cop out, plain and simple.
- - Maybe that is why men are from Mars and women are from Venus - the language used is different and rarely understood by the other.
- - Human females are always spouting off about wanting "honesty" and "truth" until - when they weigh 150kg ask a man-friend "Do you think I'm fat?" or a hundred versions of such things, some of which Mintypilot listed. Women cannot handle the "truth" any better than a man when he asks "Was that good for you, too?" Or, "is it big enough?"
- - So when it comes to man/woman, the woman is the one least able to deal with "reality." Talk about "issues" . . . For over 4 million years, men have been forced to learn to divert, obscure and lie to the human female in order to keep somewhat peaceful relations between the sexes. If men did not lie, humans would be like the "Dodo bird" - extinct due to no more procreational activity. Maybe the old original way of getting a mate with a nice cave and a sturdy club was better?
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:44   #104
CLOD

Boat: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
If that's the story, you are rightfully indignant!! And what's with some on this thread (Don Lucas) trying to tell you your anger means you have issues! This is me, shaking my head in disbelief.

Margo
Excuse me for posting in a thread I started. But where did I say this? Or is this just an issue example of saying I said something I didn't.
sailorboy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:27   #105

Boat: '72 Tanzer 28 "Her Idea"
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirissail View Post
Nothing personal - but that "line" (underlined) is so old and worn out by every comedian, soap opera, and sexist female on this planet. And what the heck does the indefinite pronoun "it" refer to? Indefinite pronouns are just that, when somebody has no idea what they are referring to, they use the word "it." Cop out, plain and simple.
- - Maybe that is why men are from Mars and women are from Venus - the language used is different and rarely understood by the other.
- - Human females are always spouting off about wanting "honesty" and "truth" until - when they weigh 150kg ask a man-friend "Do you think I'm fat?" or a hundred versions of such things, some of which Mintypilot listed. Women cannot handle the "truth" any better than a man when he asks "Was that good for you, too?" Or, "is it big enough?"
- - So when it comes to man/woman, the woman is the one least able to deal with "reality." Talk about "issues" . . . For over 4 million years, men have been forced to learn to divert, obscure and lie to the human female in order to keep somewhat peaceful relations between the sexes. If men did not lie, humans would be like the "Dodo bird" - extinct due to no more procreational activity. Maybe the old original way of getting a mate with a nice cave and a sturdy club was better?
This is true as far as it goes...there are as many high maintenance men as women in the world..one can't really enforce the stereotype as absolute..I know a couple gals that are better men than most men I know..they just look and smell better doing it (Sailors!)...I'm not gonna examine the inverse of that equation for asthetic reasons..but I would extrapolate empirically that it is valid...
Unfortunately human nature is inextricably self centered...it would be great if we could all love and trust one another without hangups or mistrust..or unnecessary taboo..or greed...but it is what it is...people cannot change, they can only modify their behavior...not all human females are fragile psychos who must be coddled and deceived..

It sure would be easier though if one simply had to keep ones plumage clean and drop a wing and dance a circle....