Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Families, Kids and Pets Afloat
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2016, 17:11   #1

Sailing families meeting at the Annapolis Boat Show

Hi, Everyone,

We are a live aboard family of 4 (our kids ate age almost 7 and 2.5 yo). We have lived aboard our boat full time for a year and a half now, in Baltimore harbor. We are preparing to cruise next April.

We are looking to connect with sailing and cruising families, with kids or without.

If you are one of them and are planning to be at the boat show">Annapolis boat show next week, we would love to meet up with you!

I would also appreciate any resources and connections to live aboard sailing families. We have not met many in Baltimore and I am feeling quite isolated in this. Would love to create a community, share, have fun with other families as we start cruising up and down the coast, and off shore.

Let's talk.

Yuliya (Daryl, Steven, and Andrew)

I edited your spello on ate... funny, choked on my coffee
Landfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:53   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Sailing families meeting at the Annapolis Boat Show

See ➥ http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...up-172377.html

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:47   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400
Re: Sailing families meeting at the Annapolis Boat Show

We’re just outside of Baltimore on Rock Creek near the mouth of the Patapsco. We’re not living aboard or cruising fulltime but have cruised the Chesapeake extensively with our 20 month old and another on the way. I can understand the feeling of isolation you describe as we have had similar feelings ourselves.

Don’t know that I have any great advice about resources other than to keep plugging away. At most cruising/sailing events those of us with young kids are always significantly outnumbered, but we’ve met some great people of all ages/stages of life.

We won’t be able to make the boat show this year, but would definitely be happy to meet up another time.
4arch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sailing, boat show, sail, annapolis, annapolis boat show